Default One Minute War Part 2 spoilers/discussion (Flash #791)

The war rages on and after last issues surprise attack the Flash family starts gathering together and trying to get a handle of all that’s going on and recover. However we also get to learn more about the Fraction, including the fact this isn’t actually the first time we’ve referenced them.

Because remember that Mad Max world from the Dark Crisis tie-in that Jessie and Max went to? Apparently that was a world conquered by the Fraction, so not only are these aliens they come from the multiverse and we’ve seen what they are capable of. And what they are capable of is a problem for the Flash Family, because sure they can run and fight as shown when Jessie flips a tank, Wally destroys a drone, and Max takes down a soldier on a speeder bike but it’s the fact they have drones, tanks, and something even worse that I will get into later that makes them a threat when the Flashes can’t seem to out speed the Fraction.

Also apparently the Fraction want to capture the Flash family as a wedding present to their queen, but apparently we will learn about that in the one-minute war special.

Another problem is civilians and casualties. Anyone not in the speed force is frozen solid and can quickly become a casualty so the Flashes are trying to move bodies to safe locations. And the other problem as mentioned is Causalities, which includes Iris West which has really broken Barry Allen. So a lot of our heroes getting their bearings while also be crushed under the weight of a war that is coming.

By the way remember that something worse? As mentioned the Fraction have learned of the Flash family, though not the full extent if they just think there are 5, and want them captured alive as tribute to the queen. And as everyone knows comic book alien races always have those special supersoldiers, so to hunt down the Flash family they unleash Miss Murder, who looks like a cross between Rachel Summers from Days of Future Past and Batman who laughs, and evil alien hounds. Basically aside from stopping the Fraction from wiping out life as we know it, the Flashes need to protect their personal safety.
    Last edited by sifighter; 01-17-2023 at 08:37 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

This was fantastic - I got real Star Wars A New Hope vibes from Ace and Bart sneaking around, and seeing the family meeting up and coming together was awesome! Really looking forward to the Special (which should have been called One Minute War Zone, ooops ).
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Loved this issue!

And as much as I love the lighter tone this series has had since Adams took over I am enjoying the more serious high stakes feel these two issues have had. Reminds me more of the first story arc Blink of an Eye.

So good to see the Flash family together in a story that is about all of them and not just them showing up for fan service. Its like the good old days but also different because there are different dynamics to this Flash family since Barry is alive and there is Wallace now.

This book is better than its been since Geoff Johns first run.
    Read The Flash#1 this September!

As always another great issue. Adams knows what he is doing with the Speedsters, I love Bart's and Wallace's frenemies dynamic. I hope he keeps writting Wally who for me is and will be the best Flash of all times.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

The whole Flash Family is mobilized except for Barry, but I have a feeling we'll see him coming out swinging a bit later.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Yeah, right now he's depressed because Iris seems to be have been killed, but I can see him wanting vengeance and that brings him back into the fight.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, right now he's depressed because Iris seems to be have been killed, but I can see him wanting vengeance and that brings him back into the fight.
    Or being a detriment because he’s too consumed with rage.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.