Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It has to be because of Famous Bobby, who didn't exist until 1994. These should be the same kids from Conner Kent's backstory - they busted him out of Cadmus in his origin, right? And since Bobby's last name is Harper, her being the great-niece of Guardian Jim Harper, doesn't that mean she's also ANOTHER missing relative of Roy "Arsenal" Harper? Roy was even mentioned this issue, when Judy referred to Emiko as Speedy, thinking she was Roy.
    There's a difference between "should be" and "has to be".
    Johns is creating how many new characters that are suddenly being inserted in the Golden Age period? What's to stop him from doing something similar with a previously existing post-1940s character?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    There's a difference between "should be" and "has to be".
    Johns is creating how many new characters that are suddenly being inserted in the Golden Age period? What's to stop him from doing something similar with a previously existing post-1940s character?
    I know! It would be like Superman suddenly flying, or Batman becoming an awful person to his friends and family!

Wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It has to be because of Famous Bobby, who didn't exist until 1994. These should be the same kids from Conner Kent's backstory - they busted him out of Cadmus in his origin, right? And since Bobby's last name is Harper, her being the great-niece of Guardian Jim Harper, doesn't that mean she's also ANOTHER missing relative of Roy "Arsenal" Harper? Roy was even mentioned this issue, when Judy referred to Emiko as Speedy, thinking she was Roy.

Judy's probably going to be used in both JSA and The Flash - it seems she's destined to operate as Jay's sidekick in the present day.

Since only Wing can be sent back to his own time (they've mentioned that his body is in his grave) and sending the others back would probably change history, they're probably all going to be stuck in the 2020s. Maybe they can form a new Infinity Inc team, led by Courtney, who with Emiko could guide them in how to live in the 21st century.
    I think you are right...they either go back to their own times, or they stay in the present. Going back means we would rarely, if ever, see them again since nobody is writing/publishing new stories about the Golden Age. Staying in the present is more likely to create new story opportunities. I would enjoy reading an ongoing about them featuring Courtney and Emiko.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    I think you are right...they either go back to their own times, or they stay in the present. Going back means we would rarely, if ever, see them again since nobody is writing/publishing new stories about the Golden Age. Staying in the present is more likely to create new story opportunities. I would enjoy reading an ongoing about them featuring Courtney and Emiko.
    If they return to their own time, we might see adult versions of them in the present.

Don’t we already have references to the fact that some of the characters do make it through the present via the future JSA with Judy and Salem?

In new golden age we see adult Judy wearing Jay’s helmet and in JSA red lantern talks about Salem having it out for Khalid.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

If there are numerous characters who appear here despite nothing in the past to indicate their existence, then why should Flip and Famous Bobby be any different?
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Don’t we already have references to the fact that some of the characters do make it through the present via the future JSA with Judy and Salem?
    But is that "future" written in stone?

Is everything Per Degaton causes in the future still definitely going to happen?

But is that "future" written in stone?

Is everything Per Degaton causes in the future still definitely going to happen?
    He's a time traveler so probably not.

Just gonna throw this idea out there:

Per Degaton is a grown-up Corky Baxter.

Ultimate Member

Kinda surprised we haven't seen Secret yet, as we're at the midway point.

Wonder if she's gonna be the island itself?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Just gonna throw this idea out there:

Per Degaton is a grown-up Corky Baxter.
    That would be bonkers and I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Kinda surprised we haven't seen Secret yet, as we're at the midway point.

Wonder if she's gonna be the island itself?
    Maybe she is on another location like The Boom was?
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-18-2023 at 04:49 PM.

I know its being ignored for simplicity's sake, but its moments like this, and the whole "everything is canon" take DC is going for, that Batman's, Superman's, and even Dick's eras during the Golden Age. Though, it seems Roy's time is still there (which is a whole other can of worms).

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I know its being ignored for simplicity's sake, but its moments like this, and the whole "everything is canon" take DC is going for, that Batman's, Superman's, and even Dick's eras during the Golden Age. Though, it seems Roy's time is still there (which is a whole other can of worms).
    Roy's time could be attributed to his and Ollie's time trip to WW2 era and their experiences with the Seven Soldiers of Victory. Granted, that is still very messy if any details are looked at too closely, but it's enough for me to think that there would be some sort of name recognition at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Roy's time could be attributed to his and Ollie's time trip to WW2 era and their experiences with the Seven Soldiers of Victory. Granted, that is still very messy if any details are looked at too closely, but it's enough for me to think that there would be some sort of name recognition at the very least.
    And Ollie and Roy back with the Seven Soldiers during the 1940s also raises questions about what happens to the stories that had replacements for Ollie and Roy, like Spider or TNT and Dan the Dyna-Mite?

And Ollie and Roy back with the Seven Soldiers during the 1940s also raises questions about what happens to the stories that had replacements for Ollie and Roy, like Spider or TNT and Dan the Dyna-Mite?
    That it does. I'm personally for junking any mention of the replacements and going with all Ollie and Roy. It's possible to have some as replacements at different times so Ollie, TNT, and Spider could all have been members at some point, but with DC's historic "continuity" changing on a regular basis, it's likely a solution in 2023 won't be valid for 2025 or even 2024.