Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Avatar: The Way of Water

I've seen it in 3D before the Doctor Strange screening. Not impressed. Looked exactly like 12 years ago.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

I thought this was a Last Airbender sequel series and came here to ask "But wasn't Korra a Waterbender?" But I see it is the other Avatar series.

Eh. I only watched the original once - sure the CGI was impressive for the time, but it was just too weak a story for a rewatch.

Avatar 2: Hey, Remember Avatar!?!?!?
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

I hated the first Avatar and will definitely skip its sequel.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

really curious as to what the opening and total box office will be. At the time the tech was new and that was the best part of the movie. As someone said the story was too weak and too done before for rewatching it. I remember the fallout was every movie under the sun being labled '3d' when they were just 3d converted. I think we are well past that nonsense how will it fare this time around..?
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

I am looking forward to this. It really was a tremendous cinema experience. I expect the 3D to be even better. I also trust Cameron to do better with the story. He made the first one simplistic on purpose, so that the visuals would be the predominant thing. But I think the man who gave us Terminator, Terminator 2, Aliens 2, True Lies....can up his story game here.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Glorified tech demo

Ultimate Member

I was hoping this thread was about Aang.

Screw this franchise

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I am looking forward to this. It really was a tremendous cinema experience. I expect the 3D to be even better. I also trust Cameron to do better with the story. He made the first one simplistic on purpose, so that the visuals would be the predominant thing. But I think the man who gave us Terminator, Terminator 2, Aliens 2, True Lies....can up his story game here.
    I don't trust him to do that. Sometimes filmmakers just lose their touch.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I don't trust him to do that. Sometimes filmmakers just lose their touch.
    Like Ridley Scott. Love Alien. Hate all the Alien prequels. Just...so, so, so bad.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    I've seen it in 3D before the Doctor Strange screening. Not impressed. Looked exactly like 12 years ago.
    Exactly my thoughts.

Ultimate Member

Did anyone really care about the story in the past? Just sayin'.

Looking forward to this one. James Cameron can do no wrong.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    really curious as to what the opening and total box office will be. At the time the tech was new and that was the best part of the movie. As someone said the story was too weak and too done before for rewatching it. I remember the fallout was every movie under the sun being labled '3d' when they were just 3d converted. I think we are well past that nonsense how will it fare this time around..?
    It will be interesting to see how it does WW especially now that China seems to be boycotting the majority of NA blockbusters. And if interest has died down considerably waiting all this time.