Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Cool take.
    thanks man! I make tons of Duke pitches in my head all the time, his scattered developed has inadvertently given him a lot of material to work with. I tried to touch on everything surrounding Duke and fill in the gaps with ideas and concepts that already exist in the DC universe. it's unfortunate DC doesn't do more with him. I'd have really liked to see Brandon Thomas get a crack at taking on Duke in like a limited series of some sort and maybe progressing him toward his Future State self.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I've been really stuck on Duke's powers lately, just thinking about the possibilities of them given the ways DC's developed other heroes' powers over the years. I'm curious what are some ways you'd like to see Duke's powers or what are some ways his powers could be better developed for his character?
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I've been really stuck on Duke's powers lately, just thinking about the possibilities of them given the ways DC's developed other heroes' powers over the years. I'm curious what are some ways you'd like to see Duke's powers or what are some ways his powers could be better developed for his character?
    Can he do the same the telepathic abilities as his biological dad?

"Hollow Technique: Starbolt Green"

commission i had done recently by an artist by the name of ScythGrizz on Twitter. the concept is simple, what if Duke studied Starfire's solar abilities and learned to replicate them using his photokinesis. we used a still of Gojo's Hollow Purple from Jujutsu Kaisen season 2 as the reference.

and here's an edit I did of the piece:

Last edited by lemonpeace; 12-28-2023 at 04:57 AM.

currently following:

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Can he do the same the telepathic abilities as his biological dad?
    I don't think it's ever been shown is he can do that but I think that could be an interesting development. however, given how broad and potentially varied his current powerset can be with just his light and darkness manipulation, i feel like adding psionic abilities could be a step too far; a hat on a hat situation. although it could work if they say his photokinetic abilities are psionic in nature tho.

currently following:

We got the reveal of Duke's creative team in the upcoming DC Power special!

it looks like Brandon Thomas continues his stealth run with Duke Thomas, and I believe this issue makes him the 2nd most profilic Duke-centric writer behind Lee Bermejo with We are Robin. it looks like my pipedream of having the Excellence creative team work on Duke is finally coming to fruition all i need now is for DC to give them boys a proper limited series for Duke and it'll all come full circle.

currently following:

Extraordinary Member

He needs a new thread