Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Mistress of Magic: Circe Appreciation Thread 2023

An appreciation thread for the daughter of Hyperion and Perseis, former Princess of Colchis, servant of Hecate and enemy of Wonder Woman.

First appearance: Wonder Woman #37 (September/October 1949)

Created by: Robert Kanigher (writer) and Harry G. Peter (artist)

THAT'S Circe now? Looks like someone who would go for drinks with Dr. Barbara Minerva and Veronica Cale to take a break from the lab. I'll take the classics...

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Fantastic Member

I love Circe in almost all her forms. A great foe for Diana and wonderfully introduced by Perez. I love her Beastiamorphs - absolutely horrifying.

I hope she gets a prominent role in Lazarus Planet.

The many looks of Wonder Woman's Wicked Witch.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    The many looks of Wonder Woman's Wicked Witch.

Don't forget Trashionista CIRCE (and her daughter Lyta!) from the Jimenez run.

Last edited by Thirteen; 01-21-2023 at 08:09 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

I kind of liked Ares and Circe’s romance, but I always enjoy it when Wonder foes interact with one another. I’d be interested in seeing her interact with more Olympians, being the daughter of a Titan and a nymph.

Incredible Member

Circe Trinity.jpg

Circe is effortlessly Wonder Woman's best villain, for me. She's smart, cruel, diabolical, extremely powerful, bombastic, and usually visually appealing. She's a villain that can go toe to toe with Diana, but her intelligence and cunning is the biggest threat she causes. The only Wonder foe to get two events as a result of her machinations held her own in Trinity with the Trinity, Ras Al Ghul, Luthor, Constantine, Zatanna, Red Hood and the Outlaws, and of course the Justice League Dark arcs.

I always want more Circe. I can't wait to see what 2023 has in store for her.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I really need a writer/artist to UTILIZE all of her Circes major forms. Dont just stick her to one (esp the later 2)

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

This is still my favorite look for her

Circe.JPG

I would have liked her to have her Rebirth look when making deals with Cale, then switching over to this when she went out to fight Diana. And her classic Perez era green dress when lounging about on her island.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I kind of liked Ares and Circe’s romance, but I always enjoy it when Wonder foes interact with one another. I’d be interested in seeing her interact with more Olympians, being the daughter of a Titan and a nymph.
    Honestly liked it from what little we saw of it. Liked the wrinkle Lyta added to Circe's characrer, and potentially Ares had Rucka been allowed to continue his run.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Yeah was thinking about that.... Donna Troy.... as Troia... empowered by the Titans of Myth.... One of them was Hyperion.... Circe's FATHER!!!!!

Then there's Thia's daughter Lilith Clay.

And Devastation who is.... kinda like Circe's cousin?

I wish Circe's look had been consistent through the years (like say, Joker has). It's very important for the branding aspect of any product to create visual consistency that cements its stronghold in pop culture. One of ths things that I wish DC Comics had done better is the matter of consistency within the Wonder Woman product they release. Circe is awesome whatever she wears, but I just want my girl to become the multi-media iconic villain I know she could be.

Fantastic Member

Circe!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Honestly liked it from what little we saw of it. Liked the wrinkle Lyta added to Circe's characrer, and potentially Ares had Rucka been allowed to continue his run.

This was definitely a good idea that went unexplored. They skipped over most of it to facilitate the Donna Milton twist, and then Rucka just gets back to it and is ousted from the book. Darn.