Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    Because it's boring, and she looks like she's headed to a PTA meeting.
    Well, technically she's a mother...

I want a bombastic Circe and not one who looks like she has a wine and painkiller addiction.
    Beats looking like she's in danger of catching a cold or suffering a wardrobe malfunction.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

I don't get why some readers don't like this design. It isn't my favorite look but it's more unique than her New 52 depiction and less embarrassing than some of what she wore in the 90s and 2000s.
    I love the breastplate, I think she could use it as battle armor sometimes, but the rest of the outfit is extremely boring.
    I don't like the haircut either, and her color should be purple; and I think the colors of her suit should go between green, red, gold and black.

Incredible Member

Well, technically she's a mother...

Beats looking like she's in danger of catching a cold or suffering a wardrobe malfunction.
    But PTA member with a drinking problem and a lady of the evening are not the only options for Circe, nor have those been the only depictions. I posted a picture of Circe from DC's Trinity and Justice League Dark. It's otherworldly, threatening, and powerful. In the first picture, I'll also add majestic and ethereal. In a comic book world, there's nothing that helps Circe to shine, tells us about the character, or her importance to the lore. That could be Veronica Cale with a dye job.

Circe Pic.jpg

Circe v Diana.jpg

Because it's boring, and she looks like she's headed to a PTA meeting.

I want a bombastic Circe and not one who looks like she has a wine and painkiller addiction.
    Canonically she has something like 7 children, one of which Diana has seen in person?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Canonically she has something like 7 children, one of which Diana has seen in person?
    The PTA meeting part isn't about having children or not. Beyonce, J.Lo., Madonna, etc. have children, and I'm certain they all go to PTA meetings. The PTA meeting - where I also said she looks like she drinks to much and is addicted to painkillers - is about how she looks like a bored and unfulfilled housewife.

Diana has several children, but she doesn't look bored out of her mind and out of place in a superhero setting.

The PTA meeting part isn't about having children or not. Beyonce, J.Lo., Madonna, etc. have children, and I'm certain they all go to PTA meetings. The PTA meeting - where I also said she looks like she drinks to much and is addicted to painkillers - is about how she looks like a bored and unfulfilled housewife.

Diana has several children, but she doesn't look bored out of her mind and out of place in a superhero setting.
    Not everyone in a superhero setting has to dress the same way. If anything, Rebirth Circe stands out more because she doesn't look like the typical supervillain.

Mighty Member

I don't get why some readers don't like this design. It isn't my favorite look but it's more unique than her New 52 depiction and less embarrassing than some of what she wore in the 90s and 2000s.
    Because it looks lame and don't fits to a character like Circe at all, barring the out of place armour piece that is someone you could at random meet in the streets, or at best looks like a generic fashion designer with a random out of place piece of armour.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I like the design for when she's laying low and mingling among mortals. It's good for a look, but not her only look.

I think her Godwatch appearance would have been good if she had that design for making a deal with Cale, then switched to something like her Dodson design when going toe to toe with Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    Because it looks lame and don't fits to a character like Circe at all, barring the out of place armour piece that is someone you could at random meet in the streets, or at best looks like a generic fashion designer with a random out of place piece of armour.
    In fairness. in that comic.... Circe was actually intentionally hiding her identity from Diana. I just re-read that and the 5 following issues.... I don't think WW found out it was Circe at all unless the lasso told her.

so in THAT regard it's a major success. Circe tricked WW into helping her best GODS and WW didn't even know WHO did it.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I like the design for when she's laying low and mingling among mortals. It's good for a look, but not her only look.

I think her Godwatch appearance would have been good if she had that design for making a deal with Cale, then switched to something like her Dodson design when going toe to toe with Diana.
    Said it before but I'd have it;

Dealing with regular people: Evely
    Fighting Diana: Dodsons
    Chilling on her island: Perez

Only consistency being the shade of purple hair.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

Thinking again.... the spell Circe used to trap Deimos and Phobos in those dogs.... NEEDED Circe to cast it while Diana had her in the magic lasso. Diana did so because she was trying to force Circe to identify herself. also the armor might have been part of the spell Circe was casting. It's one of the things you see while Circe and Cale are prepping to bind Deimos and Phobos. Circe doesn't say WHY she picked it up just that she needed to pick up some materials to make it work.

To me the Rebirth Circe look is less 'mom at PTA meeting' and more 'popular British actor with a strong theater background trying to make a statement by dressing androgynous'. My immediate first thought when I saw the look was 'female Dr Who'.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

I have this idea for a joke where Circe debuts a new look and no one recognizes her.

I have this idea for a joke where Circe debuts a new look and no one recognizes her.
    I mean she HAS on occasion changed her look intentionally to disguise her appearance. Usually if she wants recognized people do.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

In a swmi perfect world Circe would be like Media from AG. Everytime she shows up she's different depending on her mood

https://youtu.be/Tt3B4frTu0Y
    https://youtu.be/LQAq1aHI4lA
    https://youtu.be/-wm_lz3VP5s