Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

ED286171-9970-4B70-8667-E1242D31C7D9.jpg

I feel like there’s something important about these 4 (the ones definitely taken over by Sinister) being in this line of fire…. But I’m not sure what.

That said, the bubble’s right… they *are* dangerous!

3E196F56-2B88-4F95-BC66-34AC882FFEA5.jpg

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I'm still of the suspicion that there's a fifth Sinister running around somewhere, the original Essex who created the four clones - and given that we know the timeline of that last part thanks to #8, with it being in the forties.....I think the 1920s scene had to have been with original Essex, post his initial resurrection - which we know Irene still doesn't know HOW he pulled that off, just that he did.

So what I'm starting to suspect is maybe at some point during this event, Irene and Raven are going to track down the fifth Sinister, the original Essex, who is in the end the one Irene saw as needing to be on the same side with. Perhaps thinking he's the only one who can put the four Sinisters he unleashed back in the bottle, as it were.

Irene, busting down the door of some secret lab where original Essex is hiding fifty years into Sins of Sinister: Dude, you fucked up so bad.

Original Essex, hiding in some secret lab somewhere from the four clones who are destroying the universe, basically: Dude, I know, I fucked up so bad!
    Four clones were created in 1895, not in 1940s. So in 1919 from Immortal X-Men #1 and in 1943 from Immortal X-Men #8 it was already Sinister, not the original Essex. And Destiny do know how he "resurrected" initially - he hadn't. Raven believed what Essex in 1895 and Sinister in 1919 and 1943 are the same one, so she is confused how he resurrected after death in 1895. But he is not, the original one died when the clones were created. Irene saw it, but hadn't told it to Raven.

The current Xavier looks the same how he looked back in X-Men Legacy story about Cronus device when Sinister took over his body. Gillen clearly knows about it, as it was mentioned in Immortal X-Men #8. Maybe Cronus' effect resurfaced somehow then Sinister was put into Pit, like maybe he killed himself there and it activated the Cronus failsafe in Xavier's body. Although him contaminating the resurrection protocols seems more possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    No, that's not what I sound like when I say that because you're collating skin pigmentation with shooting razer sharp quills from my torso when I sneeze. That's the difference between perceived danger and actual risk. Being black, which I am by the way so thanks for including us in your analogy, does not make me radioactive. On the other hand, being radioactive certainly does make me radioactive, so again there's perceived risk and then there's actual risk. I sure hope my containment suit doesn't rupture on the way to my job walking puppies. That sure would be sad for the puppies.

Also, note that Xavier wasn't talking about excluding mutants from society, he was simply stating a fact that people are wise to be nervous about the existence of powers tied to emotional states.
    Congrats I'm black too

It doesn't matter if the risk is perceived or actual what matters is the result of the people who deem it a risk. That's what you are not getting. It's all well and nice to say the difference but to a person who deems you a risk regardless it's mute.

which is why talking about mutants as a threat in such manner is anti mutant because it leads to violence and bigotry. You are not going to have a rational convo with people who hate mutants to find a way to make certain mutants with uncontrollabl powers be safer. Its going to only lead to wanting to get rid of mutants all together

You can look at real world examples and see the lengths people will go to justify that.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Gillen kinda fumbled the bag with Judgement Day but if he keeps this up, I might actually like Sins of Sinister.

BEAST SUCKS AT HIS JOB. What is he even for? If a casual reader like me could figure out that the secondary protocols were tainted, then what does that say about the "genius" Spymaster? Fire that dipshit already. He's not even a fun source of conflict at this point. He sucks worse than that Velma cartoon.
    What are you talking about? All his data page said is that Hope is the most difficult mutant to replace for their resurrection process to work.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant_Lover View Post
    ED286171-9970-4B70-8667-E1242D31C7D9.jpg

I feel like there’s something important about these 4 (the ones definitely taken over by Sinister) being in this line of fire…. But I’m not sure what.

That said, the bubble’s right… they *are* dangerous!

3E196F56-2B88-4F95-BC66-34AC882FFEA5.jpg
    I definitely feel like there are more clues in the issue and you may be right about that panel up top. It didn't dawn on me until you mentioned it that it's those 4, again.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Gillen kinda fumbled the bag with Judgement Day but if he keeps this up, I might actually like Sins of Sinister.

What are you talking about? All his data page said is that Hope is the most difficult mutant to replace for their resurrection process to work.
    The data sheet also has Hank explaining where they got all their DNA samples from (Sinister) and how happy he was that each resurrection meant one less mutant they'd have to really on Sinister for.

Oh, now that I think about it as I'm writing this, Sinister stole every single one of those gene samples for his library from unwilling participants many of whom he tortured and killed. Krakoa relying on him to begin with was a lot like how America and England used adopted medical techniques and research derived from Germany's use of human experimentation during WWII.

Shoot. That's actually brilliant storytelling. Those medical advances have saved millions of lives over the decades since the war but they came from a VERY ugly place. Someone needs to do one of those youtube iceberg videos on Krakoa.

The data sheet also has Hank explaining where they got all their DNA samples from (Sinister) and how happy he was that each resurrection meant one less mutant they'd have to really on Sinister for.

Oh, now that I think about it as I'm writing this, Sinister stole every single one of those gene samples for his library from unwilling participants many of whom he tortured and killed. Krakoa relying on him to begin with was a lot like how America and England used adopted medical techniques and research derived from Germany's use of human experimentation during WWII.

Shoot. That's actually brilliant storytelling. Those medical advances have saved millions of lives over the decades since the war but they came from a VERY ugly place. Someone needs to do one of those youtube iceberg videos on Krakoa.
    Thing is, the idea that the Nazi's "research" helped has been heavily criticized as said "research" was more torturers torturing people than anything. So using that like this is kind of whitewashing the Nazis.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Thing is, the idea that the Nazi's "research" helped has been heavily criticized as said "research" was more torturers torturing people than anything. So using that like this is kind of whitewashing the Nazis.
    Torture is basically what it was. Whether the research was beneficial or not is waaaay over my head. I think it's generally understood that there were advances in the understanding of anatomy, discovery of harmful side effects of certain commonly used products of the era (some of which are still in use today) and advances into cancer research. But since we all know how they gained that knowledge; I feel that doesn't whitewash them all but instead reveals our own government's willingness to ignore ethical considerations in pursuit of knowledge and profit while indirectly doing an incidental good for others.

In other words, it's a super controversial, very ethically gray area. Just like using Sinister's resources and knowledge to provide immortality for mutantkind. Which is all I meant by it. It's an incidental good derived from a very, very dark place.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Still don't care for SoS, but this was just... crazy good.

Just read it! That was some amazing character work and the twist effed my mind. Gillen is killing it in this book!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Mystique and Destiny aren't running because of one of Irene's visions. They're leaving because Xavier just lowkey announced a purge of "bad" mutants at Sinister's trial. I don't think Irene even knows that Sins of Sinister is about to go down. Sinister was the last truly powerful villain on the council. Exodus has been tamed by Hope, and Kitty and Emma have Shaw locked down with blackmail. Apocalypse left and Max is dead. Irene and Raven no longer have any alliances they can rely on for protection.

Deleted post
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

I'm so glad Gillen is back with the X-Men. Immortal X-Men has been an extremely fun read that has given me more pleasant surprises than I had expected.

Going into Year Two post-Hickman the franchise seems like it has a much more solidified brand-wide direction than it did Year Two with Hickman.

Alright! The Mimic is back and a mutant, well that was a quick issue. Wait, what this about something sinister going on..

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/a-si...rtal-x-men-10/

my tweet is in there from september.. =) follow my twitter for eXclusive news