Default Linda Danvers/Supergirl Appreciation Thread 2023

dc994ko-0b925e1c-a876-4b00-b823-cbb99b9be87f.jpg
    tumblr_876b146eae6605a10b79b05ad525838f_6f78204c_1280.jpg
    From fallen sacrifice to half of the earth born angel of fire, letxs get to appreciating the fun and depth of Linda Danvers!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

In some ways I think Many Happy Returns was the main reason DC decided to bring back Kara Zor-El.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    In some ways I think Many Happy Returns was the main reason DC decided to bring back Kara Zor-El.
    Makes sense... Shame we lost Linda for it.

Kara and Linda should be able to both grace the comic page,they are different enough now thst you don't need to.snuff out the other
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post

The thing is,yes thsts Linda's super suit,but this is Linda imo
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

If they'd let Linda be Supergirl in her natural brunette bob cut I think more people would be aware of her today, comics are a visual medium so having distinct look is very important to longevity and recognition.

Even if you were to show images of her to people now they'd just say it's the Supergirl from the DCAU or wonder why Kara has flamewings.

Actually thinks it going to be something that hits Jon bad in a few years as nowadays he's indistinguishable from Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    If they'd let Linda be Supergirl in her natural brunette bob cut I think more people would be aware of her today, comics are a visual medium so having distinct look is very important to longevity and recognition.

Even if you were to show images of her to people now they'd just say it's the Supergirl from the DCAU or wonder why Kara has flamewings.

Actually thinks it going to be something that hits Jon bad in a few years as nowadays he's indistinguishable from Clark.
    Jon does have a slim build compared to Clark's big muscles, and a different costume. I think dedicated fans can tell them apart easily enough.
    If you put Linda and Kara side by side you can tell them apart because Kara is taller and more buff, but yeah, it's not as obvious if they're not together.

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    dc994ko-0b925e1c-a876-4b00-b823-cbb99b9be87f.jpg
    tumblr_876b146eae6605a10b79b05ad525838f_6f78204c_1280.jpg
    From fallen sacrifice to half of the earth born angel of fire, letxs get to appreciating the fun and depth of Linda Danvers!
    I'd lean into the Fallen Angel stuff. Renamed her as Seraph and use her as the mystical expert for the Supers.

Linda being blond isn't a problem if you have the right design and artist.

PS. I got the idea from Factor.

Amazing Member

Personally, I feel the Linda Danvers Supergirl was a product of her time (in the '90's DC Continuity sense). She is too tied to Peter David's run to be revamped or rebooted without making her a different character.

One idea I have is making it so her cross-reality adventures made her resistant to retcon (somehow). Didio said Infinite Crisis retconned her away (presumably replaced by the Reign in Hell version), but she was actually tossed into limbo or some other reality, where she can be recovered with her history intact.

Quote Originally Posted by GreyFox View Post
    Personally, I feel the Linda Danvers Supergirl was a product of her time (in the '90's DC Continuity sense). She is too tied to Peter David's run to be revamped or rebooted without making her a different character.

One idea I have is making it so her cross-reality adventures made her resistant to retcon (somehow). Didio said Infinite Crisis retconned her away (presumably replaced by the Reign in Hell version), but she was actually tossed into limbo or some other reality, where she can be recovered with her history intact.

I mean Matrix did come from another universe,and Linda went to Karas universe to marry Clark and have their daughter,so Mayne thst plus her having powers half come from "a higher power" she can be immune to change.heck Bart Allen is,it's a elite club thst are,and I wouldn't mind her being either.could make her invaluable with all these multiverse shenanigans going on all the time