Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Laugh if you want, but for me, it's Murder She Wrote.

I never saw it when it was airing but knew what it was about. There's some channel on my Directv that runs marathons of it and I'm addicted. Angela Lansbury is so charming in that show.

It's like reading a new book with each episode.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post

I never saw it when it was airing but knew what it was about. There's some channel on my Directv that runs marathons of it and I'm addicted. Angela Lansbury is so charming in that show.

I feel the same when I watch reruns of Barnaby Jones with my dad. At first I just watched it to humor him when he wanted to watch a show together. But I have really grown to enjoy it.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I feel the same when I watch reruns of Barnaby Jones with my dad. At first I just watched it to humor him when he wanted to watch a show together. But I have really grown to enjoy it.
    I used to watch Barnaby Jones with my Grandma. It was a great show. My Grandma really loved detective shows: Barnaby Jones, Mannix, Columbo, McMillan & Wife, Cannon, McCloud, The Rockford Files, Charlie's Angels - we watched them all.

I used to watch Barnaby Jones with my Grandma. It was a great show. My Grandma really loved detective shows: Barnaby Jones, Mannix, Columbo, McMillan & Wife, Cannon, McCloud, The Rockford Files, Charlie's Angels - we watched them all.
    I am starting to get more into Cannon with my dad. They did the crossover episodes with Jones and I thought that looks like a good show also. Of course being made by the same guy helps.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Scripted shows: The Book of Boba Fett, The Mandalorian, She-Hulk, Squid Game

Documentary shows: To Catch A Smuggler, American Pickers, Ancient Aliens, The UnXplained
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

We see it on GAC or Hallmark, I don't recall which right now. Last night we saw "JB...as in Jailbird" and that one had the actor who plays the senior father on Blue Bloods and the sexy buxom cop from the Police Academy films but in a dramatic role. The show is loaded with guests galore. It was one of those shows where if your agent didn't get you booked on MSW you likely weren't seen as worthy.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    We see it on GAC or Hallmark, I don't recall which right now. Last night we saw "JB...as in Jailbird" and that one had the actor who plays the senior father on Blue Bloods and the sexy buxom cop from the Police Academy films but in a dramatic role. The show is loaded with guests galore. It was one of those shows where if your agent didn't get you booked on MSW you likely weren't seen as worthy.
    I knew she looked familiar - Police Academy of course. Thanks, it was driving me crazy.

I'm loving MSW right now and it's fun to see so many recognizable guest stars in each episode.

It's funny that so many people are mentioning Murder, She Wrote.

My parents use to watch it, so sometimes I'd see it. I have been watching it at night sometimes on the Hallmark Movies & Mysteries channel, but I think that's at a point where they keep showing the ones I have already seen over and over again.

I've been getting my Mom the Murder, She Wrote books that are published by Berkley; there have been 56 so far and there have been three different "co-authors" so far writing with "J.B. Flethcher" for this series.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Severance was the last show to which I was addicted. I could barely stand to wait for the next episode. Fortunately, the season finale had some closure, but I’ll be on season two immediately.

My favorite shows currently include the aforementioned Abbott Elementary and Ghosts (US version) for comedy. I think they’re both really funny. I’ve just started watching Black Bird, liking it a lot. Everything else is rewatching at the moment.

Abbott Elementary. It’s the only thing I make an appointment to sit down for.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Extraordinary Member

So many of you have mentioned Abbott Elementary and Ghosts that I am definitely going to try watching both of these.

Niffleheim

I don't watch current cable or network shows however I'm rewatching The Adventures of Merlin, The Mandalorian, The Rings of Power, Frasier, Martin and I'm currently watching Mayfair Witches (AMC+)
    Last edited by Tofali; 01-24-2023 at 10:34 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Right now, I like the Vinland Saga on Netflix.
    Much better than I thought it would be initially.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

On broadcast TV, it's Ghosts.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Retired

The funniest show I have ever watched, WOULD I LIE TO YOU (the British version) is back for another season--I catch it about a week after it airs in Britain.

Since a lot of old shows have been mentioned--I do watch several old series (that's the bulk of what I watch). Last fall I adopted a policy of watching episodes in the week and on the day of the week they originally aired. So I watch HERE COME THE BRIDES and ROOM 222 on Fridays when they aired. THE MARY TYLER MOORE SHOW and THE BOB NEWHART SHOW on Saturdays. And GILMORE GIRLS and THE OFFICE on Thursdays.

On Wednesdays, I have been watching MELROSE PLACE (although I didn't watch in its original run). It started out on Wednesdays but later moved to Mondays--however, Wednesdays work better for me so I'm staying with that day of the week.