Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    The funniest show I have ever watched, WOULD I LIE TO YOU (the British version) is back for another season--I catch it about a week after it airs in Britain.

Since a lot of old shows have been mentioned--I do watch several old series (that's the bulk of what I watch). Last fall I adopted a policy of watching episodes in the week and on the day of the week they originally aired. So I watch HERE COME THE BRIDES and ROOM 222 on Fridays when they aired. THE MARY TYLER MOORE SHOW and THE BOB NEWHART SHOW on Saturdays. And GILMORE GIRLS and THE OFFICE on Thursdays.

On Wednesdays, I have been watching MELROSE PLACE (although I didn't watch in its original run). It started out on Wednesdays but later moved to Mondays--however, Wednesdays work better for me so I'm staying with that day of the week.
    You can't go wrong with Mary Tyler Moore and The Bob Newhart Show. Two of the all-time best shows ever IMO.

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Rewatching NYPD Blue, love it. Currently enjoying the hell out of The Last of Us.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

The Last of Us

rewatching ST:TNG (bc of "Gallifrey Gals" YT channel)

Green Lantern: TAS (my "go to" when I just want something on the tv)

The funniest show I have ever watched, WOULD I LIE TO YOU (the British version) is back for another season--I catch it about a week after it airs in Britain.

Since a lot of old shows have been mentioned--I do watch several old series (that's the bulk of what I watch). Last fall I adopted a policy of watching episodes in the week and on the day of the week they originally aired. So I watch HERE COME THE BRIDES and ROOM 222 on Fridays when they aired. THE MARY TYLER MOORE SHOW and THE BOB NEWHART SHOW on Saturdays. And GILMORE GIRLS and THE OFFICE on Thursdays.

On Wednesdays, I have been watching MELROSE PLACE (although I didn't watch in its original run). It started out on Wednesdays but later moved to Mondays--however, Wednesdays work better for me so I'm staying with that day of the week.
    Where/how do you watch Room 222? I’ve been looking for that.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    Where/how do you watch Room 222? I’ve been looking for that.
    The first two seasons were on sale from an independent seller on amazon. The video quality isn't perfect, but good enough. Once I've finished the second season, I'm out of luck for the rest of the series, unless more come available.

Fantastic Member

The first two seasons were on sale from an independent seller on amazon. The video quality isn't perfect, but good enough. Once I've finished the second season, I'm out of luck for the rest of the series, unless more come available.
    I loved Room 222. Denise Nicholas, be still my heart.

Right now I'm enjoying Kaleidoscope on Netflix and The Fabulous Mrs. Maisel on Prime. On network TV, I still look forward to new seasons of The Amazing Race. But the show that is really hitting me is This Is Us on Hulu. Have your tissues ready.

Slowly rewatching Gilmore Girls and Will & Grace, some episodes for maybe fourth or fifth time. Even though I have several series that I need to watch for the first time, I still prefer those two at the moment. Shrug.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    Slowly rewatching Gilmore Girls
    There's some holiday weekend - maybe Thanksgiving - where they do a marathon on some cable channel. That show is addictive.

How those actors ever memorized that much dialog is beyond me. And it always sounds like it's in Fast Forward mode. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    There's some holiday weekend - maybe Thanksgiving - where they do a marathon on some cable channel. That show is addictive.

How those actors ever memorized that much dialog is beyond me. And it always sounds like it's in Fast Forward mode. LOL
    I'm watching on Netflix, so I can pace it as I like. Actually, it's the first time I watch in English instead of dubbed (if I don't count the revival).

I think Lauren Graham said something about the scripts being twice as long as on different series.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I just thought the rapid talking by Loreli and Rory was just part of who the characters were. They were more City girls, ergo fast talking, fast acting etc vs the small slow town they were in which drove a lot of the drama.
    Now, knowing the scripts were so long comparatively it makes me think, "hmm, maybe they had to speak that fast just to get all of the dialogue out?", hahaha!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Today it’s the German spy drama/black comedy Kleo.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Not sure if anybody watches Sentai, but Donbrothers has to have one of the craziest (in a good way) stories I seen in a long time

I'd borderline kill to get a second season.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Today it’s the German spy drama/black comedy Kleo.
    On recommendation from my Austrian friend, I was able to stream Staffel 1 of DER PASS (a Krimi set on the border between Germany and Austria). For some weird reason this show is called PAGAN PEAK in English. The name "Der Pass" is so much more clever because it has multiple meanings.

However, my efforts to stream Staffel 2 have so far failed. The first series ended on a big cliff-hanger.

On recommendation from my Austrian friend, I was able to stream Staffel 1 of DER PASS (a Krimi set on the border between Germany and Austria). For some weird reason this show is called PAGAN PEAK in English. The name "Der Pass" is so much more clever because it has multiple meanings.

However, my efforts to stream Staffel 2 have so far failed. The first series ended on a big cliff-hanger.
    I’ve not seen it, but I have Sky. I'm not a huge fan of serial killer dramas, though I’ll watch one occasionally. Is this one particularly good?