Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Default Cheetah Appreciation Thread 2023

Whether it's Priscilla or Barbara Ann, or someone else altogether, history has shown you can't have a Wonder Woman without a Cheetah to go with her.

PriscillaRich.jpg

AlexRossCheetah.jpg

Phil Jimenez

Yeah! Give some Cheetah appreciation...or get clawed!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Incredible Member

LOVE that Phil sketch. Really amazing. He's awesome.

I have to say, I miss seeing a human head on Cheetah's body. The Rebirth look just doesn't do it for me. It was a fair variation, of course, but it's not working IMHO.

Incredible Member

Cheetah.jpg
    Personal Favourite design of Cheetah will always be the "Justice League: Doom"

Spectacular Member

I think I'm one of the few remaining people who remember the Deborah Domaine Cheetah fondly!
    Cheetah-Deborah-Domaine-DC-Comics-Wonder-Woman-c.jpg

The post Crisis version is quite terrifying. But somehow writers depict her as a giant cat rather than cat god. Her speed should be frightening even to A1 tier superspeedsters. Throw in super strength, super stealth, teeth and claws that slice conventional materials like butter and she is a deadly foe.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    The post Crisis version is quite terrifying. But somehow writers depict her as a giant cat rather than cat god. Her speed should be frightening even to A1 tier superspeedsters. Throw in super strength, super stealth, teeth and claws that slice conventional materials like butter and she is a deadly foe.
    She has major nu52 feats for all that right? Catching slicing flash kal el. Her designs are atrocious sometimes. She can look like a random cat at times usually with no tear lines no spots. Ugly diamonds shapes like dcau. Cheetahs are my fave so I get personal about it. Gold bronze designs are bad. Perez is the goat for her look but he didn't do her face right without tear lines. I think 84' did decent. Hopefully gunn brings the cheetah back to dceu
    Last edited by Mysterious; 02-03-2023 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The I.A.D.C. View Post
    I think I'm one of the few remaining people who remember the Deborah Domaine Cheetah fondly!
    Cheetah-Deborah-Domaine-DC-Comics-Wonder-Woman-c.jpg
    You're not alone, she's by far my favorite Cheetah. Her backstory is so compelling and clearly based on Patty Hearst. While I did enjoy Barbara's history as a colonizer archeologist, Chuma and Urzkartaga, the most interesting parts to me have been left in the past because they're rightfully seen as slightly racist. So I'm ready for Deborah Domaine to come back, only there needs to be a better explanation of how she can physically go toe to toe, tooth and nail with Wonder Woman.

WW CHEETAH DEBBI DOMAIN 4.jpg

Astonishing Member

I prefer the pre-Crisis version as well. Trying to remake Cheetah into someone on Diana's level never worked for me. I liked the Debbie Domaine version because Diana knew she was out of her mind -- and wouldn't be as agressive -- giving Cheetah and edge. I liked the Golden Age version because she used her wits --- and not her physical prowess. The modern version seems like more of a rip-off of Marvel's Tigra.

Spectacular Member

Debbie is cool,but she can't hold the cheetah moniker position as one of the big 3 villains of the wonderverse

Cheetah's are kind of docile in real life.

What if the other Cheetah's are based on other big cats?

Pricilla: Leopard. Leopards are powerful hunters, solitary creatures, can track using scents. Leopard fur is also a luxury item so a rich socialite like Pricilla coming into contact with one makes sense.

Deborah: Jaguar. Most powerful and ruthless of hunters. The true king of the big cats. They fit Deborah's unhinged personality.

Sebastian: Tiger. Largest of the big cats which fits Sebastian since the most noticeable thing about him is that he is huge.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly