Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Ben Percy Reveals Beast’s Clandestine Agenda for Wolverine and the X-Force

“Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

And a badass new Cassara cover for X-Force with Laura:

Astonishing Member

Would be more interesting if there was a clandestine operation to get him off those titles.

As usual, reading his interviews are enlightening as you can see what he's going for here, and it does make sense. It's exciting even! At least IMO. But he just seems to fall flat in the execution. Maybe show us Beast wrestling with his decisions a bit more, and take us through the mental calculus in his head that leads him to determine that what he's doing - while morally reprehensible at times - is indeed for the greater good of mutantkind as he sees it. That kind of stuff just isn't fleshed out on the page, though as Percy states it is his intention and what's in his head as he writes it.

Also, highly interested in this part...

In April, Laura Kinney and Colossus join X-Force. What does it mean for them to be part of this group, considering their connections to past X-Force incarnations and this team's ongoing conflict with Mikhail Rasputin? Which of their qualities do you find most interesting?

I can't say too much because: spoilers. But X-Force needs a Wolverine, and if Logan is walking away, they desperately need someone to take his place. The thing is, Laura isn't interested. The Chronicler and Mikhail are about to become a huge problem for Krakoa, and Colossus is caught up in the middle of this design.
    I wondered when I saw that cover why Laura would step back onto an X-Force team, and then he addressed it. Looking forward to what brings her into the book. I always enjoy seeing her and Logan interact. Ever since the amazing 'Logan' film in 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Would be more interesting if there was a clandestine operation to get him off those titles.
    lol burn. this series is really the never ending story.

why does Beast look different on every page? clones already?

I stopped reading this book a loooooong time ago, but seeing the Mikhail story end/develop, interests me.

Very interesting read indeed. And Laura possibly joining if Logan walks is very interesting.

Seems like a climax is approaching.

CBR: The fact that Beast has been able to do things like turn Wolverine into his personal assassin and build a black site prison raises the question -- just how aware of his activities is the Quiet Council?

Percy: The Quiet Council doesn't know what's going on. Xavier never wanted X-Force to be a bureaucratic institution, but that's about to change. There's a reckoning in the near future as Beast's actions spill out into the open and can no longer be ignored.

CBR: In Wolverine, we saw the awful things Logan was forced to endure as Beast's assassin. It reminded me of what the Weapon X program did to him. Has Beast done the same thing they did?

Percy: That was exactly the intention. "Krakoan Weapon X" is how I pitched it. We're just getting warmed up. The Beast Agenda is about to kick into gear. He has been waiting for the day he's found out, and he's a clever Beast, so he has a plan.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Very interesting read indeed. And Laura possibly joining if Logan walks is very interesting.

Seems like a climax is approaching.

CBR: The fact that Beast has been able to do things like turn Wolverine into his personal assassin and build a black site prison raises the question -- just how aware of his activities is the Quiet Council?

Percy: The Quiet Council doesn't know what's going on. Xavier never wanted X-Force to be a bureaucratic institution, but that's about to change. There's a reckoning in the near future as Beast's actions spill out into the open and can no longer be ignored.

CBR: In Wolverine, we saw the awful things Logan was forced to endure as Beast's assassin. It reminded me of what the Weapon X program did to him. Has Beast done the same thing they did?

Percy: That was exactly the intention. "Krakoan Weapon X" is how I pitched it. We're just getting warmed up. The Beast Agenda is about to kick into gear. He has been waiting for the day he's found out, and he's a clever Beast, so he has a plan.
    I havent been reading this story often but I was under the impression the council had an inkling of an idea what Beast is up to. Since we know from Percy that they are too left in the dark I wonder what Beast does to catch the attention of the QC and what do they do to Beast, does he get thrown off X-Force? sent to the pit? Exiled?
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Can't wait for more Beast-Force and Beast-verine.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    I havent been reading this story often but I was under the impression the council had an inkling of an idea what Beast is up to. Since we know from Percy that they are too left in the dark I wonder what Beast does to catch the attention of the QC and what do they do to Beast, does he get thrown off X-Force? sent to the pit? Exiled?
    Yeah I'm glad Percy confirmed the QC is in the dark because I'm not sure if it's been clear. Kinda funny that whenever the QC learns what he's been doing they'll have to deal with more clones after dealing with Sinister lol

Sidenote: I wonder if this interview is related to his tweet yesterday: https://twitter.com/Benjamin_Percy/s...32456422203405
    Last edited by JB; 01-19-2023 at 11:43 AM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Logan isn't on X-Force anymore. Good. Now i only want someone else to take him on the team. Probably X-Men or UXM.

This interview was more interesting than the book.

Also, we really gotta sit through two different Lauras taking up roster spots in books while tons of other X-characters get nothing, don't we?

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    To be fair, we saw Beast approach the QC about resurrecting Omega Red with a rigged carbonic syntheisizer or w/e and even when Sage called him out in front of the QC they were like "We don't care".
    "Cable was right!"

How come Mystique isn't in the X-force? Her whole thing is espionage and assassination. You telling me they couldn't write an interesting book with her in the roster?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    How come Mystique isn't in the X-force? Her whole thing is espionage and assassination. You telling me they couldn't write an interesting book with her in the roster?
    There's this book called Immortal X-Men tho.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I agree
    She did better off here than just being a love interest. She has lost a lot of steam after Hickman left.
    Also on another note she is being used by Aaron again with Old Man Phoenix lol