Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    ROGUE & GAMBIT #2 (OF 5)
    Cover
    Stephanie Phillips (W) • Carlos GÓMEZ (A) • Cover by Steve Morris

X-MEN VERSUS AVENGERS WITH THE FATE OF KRAKOA AT STAKE!
    The future of mutantkind rests on Rogue and Gambit’s shoulders! Granted a vision of Krakoa’s demise, Destiny knows the one way to save their paradise: Find Manifold and hide him away, somewhere so deep that no one, not even his allies on the Avengers, can find him. That…won’t sit well with Earth’s Mightiest Heroes. The King of Wakanda comes for Marvel’s premier couple! But the Black Panther is just the first on a very long list of problems — and when someone else steals Manifold away, Rogue and Gambit find themselves in everyone’s crosshairs.

Really? Another X-Men vs Avengers?? UGH Why.....
    Same. I'm so sick of good guys fighting good guys. Just stop it already.

Fantastic Member

so the reason we are getting so many advance solicits for way down the line is im hearing the marvel sales for the fourth quarter were very disappointing, and marvel wants to create more buzz for some of their books also from what i heard the sales on judgement day were very very poor. Early word on sins of sinister is steady but nothing to crow about.dark web is performing well . as ive said rememebr even though we are getting the april solicits this week may and june and even july books are locked in and even aug sept are pretty much slotted in

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    so the reason we are getting so many advance solicits for way down the line is im hearing the marvel sales for the fourth quarter were very disappointing, and marvel wants to create more buzz for some of their books also from what i heard the sales on judgement day were very very poor. Early word on sins of sinister is steady but nothing to crow about.dark web is performing well . as ive said rememebr even though we are getting the april solicits this week may and june and even july books are locked in and even aug sept are pretty much slotted in
    . The big 2 are horrible at geting the word out and marketing there books and there's no easy way to jump in to comics. If marvel wants books to sell maybe do more then 2 or 3 articles over the 4 months leading to the comics release isn't a good marketing strategy

The irony is I know for a fact they would get great sales if they properly acknowledged and used history of characters like Polaris where relevant for these matters. Instead, they just do random stuff and figure either their personal interests reflect what readers will go for, or that they can force their personal interests on readers and it'll work out great.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

2 black men on the main Avengers team in May. What you got, X-office? Lolololol

Ultimate Member

Well how much if that is EARNED by what Marvel has done?

Do we EVEN need to discuss the last 7 years of Black Panther? He is getting trashed in his own book. What message does that send to fans of others? If he can be trashed that long with no care to low sales-what does that say for anyone else?

Nobody asked for Judgement Day.

Nobody wants another story of heroes being banned in New York.

How many fans of certain characters are TIRED of being teased? What did having Polaris, Rogue and Sunfire do for X-Men? Where are guys like Prodigy at? He was killed and it was treated like it was nothing.

I could've sworn I read some time ago that higher-ups in the industry say that comics ultimately don't matter. As in, it doesn't matter if they sell or not, which begs the question of why publish them then.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Well how much if that is EARNED by what Marvel has done?

Do we EVEN need to discuss the last 7 years of Black Panther? He is getting trashed in his own book. What message does that send to fans of others? If he can be trashed that long with no care to low sales-what does that say for anyone else?

Nobody asked for Judgement Day.

Nobody wants another story of heroes being banned in New York.

How many fans of certain characters are TIRED of being teased? What did having Polaris, Rogue and Sunfire do for X-Men? Where are guys like Prodigy at? He was killed and it was treated like it was nothing.
    You know, it'd be easier to list the heroes that are AREN'T getting trashed. The I think that Beast is the worst example, Spider-Man, Black Panther, Polaris, etc. Marvel seems to love destroying or tearing down their heroes.
    Last edited by Mungho; 01-20-2023 at 05:24 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    I could've sworn I read some time ago that higher-ups in the industry say that comics ultimately don't matter. As in, it doesn't matter if they sell or not, which begs the question of why publish them then.
    I recall some claim it's because the comics are the source of the Marvel's IPs, so they keep them up to maintain it.

Another is that while the comics barely make much profit anymore, they aren't enough of a loss either. Mostly because of the dedicated collectors market and comic hobbiest who buy habitual, rather than because they like the actual comics (otherwise they would vote with their wallet and not buy them regardless of who is in them). Hence as long as they get a small profit line going with reboots, variant covers and so on, they don't get shut down and outsourced to other companies.

And then there is a combination of these two that because their billion dollar franchise is based on the comics, it would be odd if they don't actualy make any comics of them anymore (seemingly ignoring the option of just producing trades and reprints of what has been proven to be popular and "classic").
    So it's all about preserving a bit of prestige, as long as it's not too much of a loss.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

this is veryyyyy interesting

I wonder if we're gonna start getting solicits 4-5 months in advance, possibly for a full arc so people can preorder and pull the entire thing

I personally wouldn't mind it, I wanna know how long I gotta invest in the current arc. Comics always rely on uncertainty, maybe removing that will help.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    A black female as the kinda-sorta Queen of the Solar System!?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    Didn’t they announce years ago that Colossus was going to be on the x-force team and everyone gave up waiting. I’m happy he’s on a team but it’s been a long wait for this plan to be followed through.
    Around the same time, I think they were also saying this X-Force arc would be the biggest Colossus story EVAH, right before he disappeared from the title

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    This team doesn't scream exciting to me. It needs a alpha to lead them. A Sam, a Nate, a Logan hell even a Warren. Too many wildcards here. This team is going to implode.
    Hell bring in Sunspot. Sure he’s also busy with Arakko but he’d be perfect especially after his time leading the New Avengers.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    A black female as the kinda-sorta Queen of the Solar System!?
    An entirely hollow title with no true meaning, value or weight to the fans of Marvel media overall.

Titles only hold value when they are based on locations/groups/nations which actualy affect Earth or are important for the Marvel Universe at large. Neither of which is the case with "Queen of the Solar System".

The Marvel Universe isn't The Expanse. The Sol system isn't a heavily populated and interconnected setting with many events, developments, history and story potential. There is practically nothing to rule over and for added lack of impact, what she rules over doesn't even include the actual important location Earth.

Infact her entire domain is Mars, which merely contains a single colony of mutants. It's like someone declaring themself Queen of Gobi Desert, but only having actual control over a single village within it.

She could just aswell be the empress of the Kuiper Belt or divine ruler of the Oort cloud. Being declared Empress of Belgium and actualy having in universe control over that nation would carry more prestige.
    Last edited by Grunty; 01-21-2023 at 05:28 PM.

would love to see some more black women on the team but i think that would be asking for a bit too much
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

“Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”