Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

He took the "I am dead" vacation.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Interesting, the Obsidian Age League era has been confirmed back in continuity.
    As did Bendis' week.
    I actually really liked that lineup. Nightwing would probably be a no-go now with his Titans commitment. But, take the rest of them, sprinkle in a few of the "classic" line up and launch that. I would read.
    But, I also tend to like team books that do a mix of classic and obscure characters.

It's funny how Ollie got a new car that is basically the same Arrow Car. And his suit is basically just the Rebirth suit again .

I was wondering what era the third panel was from. The Obsidian Age .
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Awwww poor Oliver, no one told him the League is currently taking a break.
    Yeah, you'd think Dinah would've told him unless she was so busy looking for him after she got brought back that even she didn't realize the League was on hiatus .

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    But, I also tend to like team books that do a mix of classic and obscure characters.
    Those are the best line ups.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

spoilers:
    It's nice to see Williamson working with Carmine again after they started off together on his Flash run.

Obsidian Age reference!

I love how Ollie talks about buying a new car (which is basically just the classic Arrow Car) and a new uniform (which is basically just his old Rebirth suit).

So the idea is that Ollie and Dinah were too busy making up for lost time (in the bedroom) and Dinah going off on her BoP mission for her to tell him the JL is on hiatus? Not sure I buy it.

The JL hiatus still feels kind of meaningless because the Titans haven't felt like they've stepped up that much and they aren't really doing anything different. We may as well have a JL team at this point.

It was cool to see Williamson touching on continuity with other characters' books like the Trinity's current status quo's and Hal's. And Ollie flying the Arrow Jet with Diana was priceless. It was also nice to see Barry and Iris, Ray/Ryan, Bobo, Arthur and Andy, and J'onn just relaxing.

Oh hey, Zatanna in her JLD suit. I didn't think we'd see that again after she went back to her classic look.

Ollie turning into the guy focused on the big picture and spying on everybody? Bruce can respect that. Though I love how he's the only one who seems actually focused on dealing with Waller.

So much for the new Arrow Cave being a secret! Onomatopoeia is here!
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

Who's the "other parallax" that Hal refers to?

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    Who's the "other parallax" that Hal refers to?
    I think he was referring to the one from Convergence that he fought in Venditti's run.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think he was referring to the one from Convergence that he fought in Venditti's run.
    Are you serious? Convergence is canon now?

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

Love Green Arrow but after seeing Ollie with the Legion, I would really enjoy him & Roy with the Justice Society especially since there's no League & Nightwing has dissed Arsenal in the Titans so the JSA isn't a far stretch
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    Are you serious? Convergence is canon now?
    Some version of it probably. That Parallax showed up in GL #50, so he's been canon awhile. (though I don't specifically remember him mentioning Convergence, so it could be an even different version if they want)

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Some version of it probably. That Parallax showed up in GL #50, so he's been canon awhile. (though I don't specifically remember him mentioning Convergence, so it could be an even different version if they want)
    What volume? The current series only seems to go up to issue 6.

Edit: Never mind. It's Volume 5. I'm going to read it now. Thanks.
    Last edited by blunt_eastwood; 12-26-2023 at 08:15 PM.

Out of all the deep continuity cuts, Waid's Brave and the Bold isn't one I'd expect. That was a fun exchange.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Excited to see Onomatopoeia again.

I love that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Excited to see Onomatopoeia again.

I love that guy.
    Bam.
    (10 characters)

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    So I read the end of #49 and 50 and it doesn't seem to explain at all where he came from. And from what I can tell there's no mention of him in #51 or 52. What's the story behind this? It seems like such a random plot element to add and then have disappear after a single issue.