Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Wow the League really should have cleaned out the place when it stopped being in use. All that stuff lying around for the taking.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Until this preview I almost forgot Mister Bones and Stormwatch currently working for Waller.

Also I can’t remember the last time we heard about the Psyba-rats
    Oh yeah Bones is with working with her.

They should really emphasize more the types of big wigs working with Waller, it at least better explains how she's able to do the stuff she does. Its cause she has a lot of backers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Green Arrow #9 Preview
    Writer: Joshua Williamson
    Artist: Sean Izaakse

Wonder Woman is not going to want that costume back .

It does seem pretty dumb the League cleaned up nothing from the Hall when they shut it down.

spoilers:
    It really makes the League look kind of dumb that they shut down the Hall of Justice and left it alone with a lot of stuff they should not have left in there in case someone broke in or, heaven forbid, ended up getting the rights to it so they could grab it for themselves. As soon as the League went on hiatus they should have removed it.

I don't think I want to know what Peacewrecker is going to do with that Wonder Woman costume. Also is she a Peacemaker from another Earth? Is she from Earth-11?

So Bright is also from another Earth, one where he knew Ollie? Is he from Earth-3?

Connor looks great out of his costume. I didn't really need to see Diggle again but he looks even less recognizable. And still wants nothing to do with Ollie (which seems like a trend every time he appears in the book). Although I think I remember Merlyn killing his girlfriend from the Ben Percy run so him joining in to take him down makes sense.

Even Ollie brings up how Waller is acting even worse than usual but her excuse is "I saw how messed up Earth-3 is, it's obviously the same here on Earth-1 and must be prevented" which is...a choice.

At least they finally clarify how Waller got back from Earth-3. Was it The Light who helped her?

Sanctuary coming back to bite the Superhero community once again. I guess Waller wants all the juicy personal details about the heroes and their emotional hang-ups.

Is Ollie going to go through with it? The deal seems way too convenient and he'd really be screwing his friends over, even if it's for Roy and stopping Merlyn.
    end of spoilers

That ending… do they really want to revisit that story?

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Yeah, it gave me some PTSD.
    At least is Williamson, he was the one that started to undo the damage that it was caused by that book.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I just had to laugh because it's screwing over the hero community yet again .

Incredible Member

The concept of it, yeah, I'm on board with that. The particular story? I hope it is swept away forever. And I say that as a big King fan.

Heh, that's funny you know?
    A couple days ago I was just thinking that, aside from the fallout of the Wally/Roy stuff, the HIC/Sanctuary events were practically never mentioned again in-universe.
    So, it's a surprise to see Wlliamson planning on using the seemingly-forgotten Sanctuary Database, as its importance on HIC went basically nowhere after that whole "ozymandias" scene

I trust in Williamson, and will wait for next issue !
    However, PLEASE no more 8x8 King-esque therapy scenes, please

On another note, as someone else posted above, leaving all kind of powerful and/or dangerous stuff on the open just like that.. that's sheer stupidity right there, huh? :P
    Last edited by TheMaker1610; 02-27-2024 at 01:35 PM.

Sanctuary is one of those ideas that, IMO, will probably always be around now that it's been introcuded. With the proper writer it can be a powerful feet of clay feature.

I'm intrigued about how Bright is. I can't really think of anyone who would be obvious, nor an Earth that would make sense for him to hail from.

I also want to note that single panel appearance of the Psyba-Rats! I'm a sucker for that kind of Geoff Johnsian single panel cameo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    Sanctuary is one of those ideas that, IMO, will probably always be around now that it's been introcuded. With the proper writer it can be a powerful feet of clay feature.

I'm intrigued about how Bright is. I can't really think of anyone who would be obvious, nor an Earth that would make sense for him to hail from.

I also want to note that single panel appearance of the Psyba-Rats! I'm a sucker for that kind of Geoff Johnsian single panel cameo.
    On paper (actually, on King's interviews) it seemed like a great idea, but the execution made me never want to see it again

In regards to the League leaving all of that stuff in the Hall- wasn't the Hall being used as a museum after they left? It would make sense to leave some stuff there as exhibits (and I would love to learn that all of the other tech was sabotaged so it wouldn't work).

I don't see Ollie doing this. I see him going along with it long enough to get to Roy (and maybe find Merlyn), but I full expect him to double-cross Waller at the end.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Yeah I hope Ollie has a sleight up his hand for this, Waller really needs a good loss at the hands of the heroes.

She's been getting everything she wants with no set-backs.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaker1610 View Post
    However, PLEASE no more 8x8 King-esque therapy scenes, please
    Heh, I think you may be disappointed. Waller is probably putting all those on tv and make it go viral everywhere.

"Is that who you guys want protecting you? A Green Lantern who doesn't know what "will" means?" and stuff like that.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Yeah I hope Ollie has a sleight up his hand for this, Waller really needs a good loss at the hands of the heroes.

She's been getting everything she wants with no set-backs.
    Yeah, i doubt Ollie will sell out his fellow heroes just like that.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I just came across the cover to Green Arrow #10!

large-2125503.jpg