Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    I just came across the cover to Green Arrow #10!

Attachment 138054
    I wonder if the girls are more of Waller's insurance policy.

Attachment 138054
    Looks great, but I'm still questioning the decision to add Arrowette to the Arrow family. She's never been that connected (plus she was one of the few characters who got to have full character arc before Bendis had her back in costume for no apparent reason).
    And then there's Red Canary... the least exciting new character from the last few years.
    Considering how big the family is, I think focusing on Mia, Emiko, Connor, Dinah, Roy and Lian would be perfect already.

I'm so excited to see Mia again after so freaking long.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Attachment 138054
    Red Canary is useless with Sin back in the picture

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Looks great, but I'm still questioning the decision to add Arrowette to the Arrow family. She's never been that connected (plus she was one of the few characters who got to have full character arc before Bendis had her back in costume for no apparent reason).
    And then there's Red Canary... the least exciting new character from the last few years.
    Considering how big the family is, I think focusing on Mia, Emiko, Connor, Dinah, Roy and Lian would be perfect already.
    I'm curious to see what Williamson does with her. I don't think she and Ollie have ever even met.

Williamson created Red Canary so that's probably more incentive on his part to use her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Red Canary is useless with Sin back in the picture
    Sin has her own thing going on with having a split-personality and being Sin, Red Canary fulfills a totally different archetype of being a pretty much average girl stumbling into being a vigilante and trying to honor Dinah.

Extraordinary Member

GREEN ARROW #13
    Written by JOSHUA WILLIAMSON
    Art by AMANCAY NAHUELPAN
    Cover by PHIL HESTER
    Variant cover by TIRSO CONS
    DC Pride variant cover by A.L. KAPLAN
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 6/25/24

Oliver Queen has become an AGENT OF AMANDA WALLER. Roy and the rest of the Green Arrow family want to know why Green Arrow would betray his family and friends and choose to work with Amanda Waller and her deadly plans for the heroes and villains of the DC Universe!

I'm starting to feel the "too much Waller" complaints.

Extraordinary Member

Green Arrow #10 Preview
    Writer: Joshua Williamson
    Artists: Sean Izaakse and Tom Derenick

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Green Arrow #10 Preview

Tom derenick kkk..they call him tô finish cancelled tittles.kk

Quote Originally Posted by Dougbauer View Post
    Tom derenick kkk..they call him tô finish cancelled tittles.kk
    What are you talking about? This book just got the go ahead to become an ongoing. It is not in danger of cancellation. Also I think in reality Tom is called in when there are tight deadlines because he delivers in the clutch.

What are you talking about? This book just got the go ahead to become an ongoing. It is not in danger of cancellation. Also I think in reality Tom is called in when there are tight deadlines because he delivers in the clutch.
    He’s the go-to fill in guy. I really don’t like his art as I think the faces he draws look terrible.

When you see his name on the cover it means the team is falling behind or the book is on its way out. With GA they probably just needed time for the main artist to catch up.

What I’m blown away by is that he's been doing most of the art for Justice League vs Godzilla vs Kong. It seems like DC put so minimal effort into a book that has the potential to do well in trades for years to come because Godzilla and Kong will bring in casual fans. The writing and art have both been so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Green Arrow #10 Preview

So is Waller not mentioning that Roy's team is the girls?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

spoilers:
    Okay everyone has met up and there is no hostilities. Happy reunions all around and some funny comments like Connor finally meeting his aunt and on how Cissie isn't a member of the Arrow family so she's out of the loop with the heartfelt reunions (we also got the reason why she's here, she did retire but Waller forced her back in with a brain bomb). Ollie and Roy finally reunites, and Ollie confirms he is trying to pull the long con on Waller so hopefully he succeeds at screwing her off.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    That ending… do they really want to revisit that story?
    It's hilarious how there was supposed to be so much anonymity being at Sanctuary, but everyone's in full costume for their interview sessions.

I love everyone having snow costumes, even the girls (though all Red Canary has was mufflers, which was also cute).

I thought we had already seen Ollie finding out Roy was alive in an earlier issue.

Waller is really putting bombs in teen girls? Even if it's not the same bomb as the Suicide Squad, that's still a lot.

I like that they acknowledged Arrowette has no real ties to Ollie or the Arrow Family. I kind of expected Ollie to talk more about Bonnie King because he actually knew her. But I also like how they acknowledged Cissie retired so she wouldn't have put the costume on otherwise if they hadn't forced her into it.

Emiko has long hair now? And now gets the "Aunt Emiko" treatment!

Red Canary is still a fangirl.

I love how Mia's return got the full page treatment compared to the other girls because they knew we've been waiting for her to come back.

"They have Jade" - And they should care, why? I mean, it's Cheshire. Then again, she's Lian's mother and Roy can't let her go.

Guess Green Arrow is going to have to beat the "weakest Justice Leaguer" complaints by fighting the Sanctuary Constructs of the Big Seven.