Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I doubt that you can establish legitimacy by killing z-listers.
    Were you reading DC comics in the 2000s? The first half of Dan Didio's reign of terror was chock full of D-Z listers from cancelled books and defunct team rosters being dug out of mothballs just to kill them off in order to provide story arcs and big events with cannon fodder so their deaths would provide those stories with the veneer of "gravitas" and "seriousness."

Just read GA #7 (I have DC Infinite so I'm always behind)
    -- So, Ollie's "state of the art" uniform is basically the one he had before? Also, he just came back from the future. I wasn't crazy about the design, but you'd think that outfit would've been better than "state of the art."
    -- It seems odd to me that they chose that design for Diana's plane. I appreciate the artist using real reference, but it feels too specific. (unless there's an in-universe reason her invisible plane is that model of plane - it's not even a jet, I don't think)
    -- Does Ollie not have a secret ID? Otherwise it was really sloppy of Batman to call him "Queen" in the middle of a fight. (I guess they might've thought he meant it in a "yas, Queen" kinda way...)
    -- Love that he and Hal had an extended sequence.
    -- It's really not smart to have a skylight in your secret vigilante lair.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I keep trying to understand why Red Canary is a thing. The Beast World one-shot shows yet again how devoid of a personality and useless in a fight she is. There’s nothing unique about her. I’d rather they forget her and focus on the many other more interesting members of the family. There are at least four other girls around her age now anyway (Mia, Lian, Sin and Emiko).
    Actually, Red Canary is a fair bit older than three of those, she's in college. Mia's the only one you mention who is a similar age (though Arrowette should be about the same age too), Lian and Sin are only about 15 and Emiko's 16.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Just read GA #7 (I have DC Infinite so I'm always behind)
    -- So, Ollie's "state of the art" uniform is basically the one he had before? Also, he just came back from the future. I wasn't crazy about the design, but you'd think that outfit would've been better than "state of the art."
    -- It seems odd to me that they chose that design for Diana's plane. I appreciate the artist using real reference, but it feels too specific. (unless there's an in-universe reason her invisible plane is that model of plane - it's not even a jet, I don't think)
    -- Does Ollie not have a secret ID? Otherwise it was really sloppy of Batman to call him "Queen" in the middle of a fight. (I guess they might've thought he meant it in a "yas, Queen" kinda way...)
    -- Love that he and Hal had an extended sequence.
    -- It's really not smart to have a skylight in your secret vigilante lair.
    I have to think it was intentional because not only is he back in an old suit but his "new wheels" are basically the old school Arrow Car. I'm half-surprised they didn't put him back in the Neil Adams look.

I'm kind of curious about how public his identity is too. There's a bit of that in the next issue as well.

Could be that the death of the JL outed him? Ollie was missing for a while even after the others returned.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Could be that the death of the JL outed him? Ollie was missing for a while even after the others returned.
    I might be mis-remembering but I think it was because he had two separate identities that they were able to prove he was alive and could keep all his money.

Extraordinary Member

GREEN ARROW #12
    Written by JOSHUA WILLIAMSON
    Art and cover by SEAN IZAAKSE
    Variant cover by GLEB MELNIKOV
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 5/28/24

This is it! For the last year, Oliver Queen has been on a mission to reunite his family and friends. Can the Emerald Archer overcome Merlyn’s final master move and get the family reunion we’ve all been dying to see?

Kind of curious if Williamson will stick around after resolving the main arc of the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Kind of curious if Williamson will stick around after resolving the main arc of the book.
    I really hope he does because this is the most a GA book has felt like a real GA book since Kevin Smith brought him back. Williamson seems to really love Ollie and the Arrow Family which isn't the type of writer DC normally has on a GA book for some reason. I also feel like he's just getting started with these characters. More please.

Spectacular Member AlligatorSky's Avatar

It’s all felt like set-up so far, so I really hope Williamson isn’t off the book after #12.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    I really hope he does because this is the most a GA book has felt like a real GA book since Kevin Smith brought him back. Williamson seems to really love Ollie and the Arrow Family which isn't the type of writer DC normally has on a GA book for some reason. I also feel like he's just getting started with these characters. More please.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlligatorSky View Post
    It’s all felt like set-up so far, so I really hope Williamson isn’t off the book after #12.
    Very much agreed .

Extraordinary Member

Green Arrow #9 Preview
    Writer: Joshua Williamson
    Artist: Sean Izaakse

Oh man I cannot wait for this issue!!!

Until this preview I almost forgot Mister Bones and Stormwatch currently working for Waller.

Also I can’t remember the last time we heard about the Psyba-rats
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Until this preview I almost forgot Mister Bones and Stormwatch currently working for Waller.

Also I can’t remember the last time we heard about the Psyba-rats
    I was gonna say, Psyba-Rats, man... that's a deep (albeit lame) cut.