Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

The thing about Ollie and Roy is they kind of blur the line between father/son and older/younger brother, more than Bruce and Dick do, but I think there were implications that Ollie sees Roy as a son like Connor.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Yeah there are a lot of heroes to focus on. So having her be a hero that quit is a strong hook to me.

Yeah but you don't need her to be a hero for that. So I'm skeptical of undoing the David runs take on it.
    ^^^Seeing in a supporting role (as in lending support/giving advice) would be preferable if they insist on having her there, I think.
    I’m more than willing to be proven wrong though, and blown away by whatever is actually done w. her!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The thing about Ollie and Roy is they kind of blur the line between father/son and older/younger brother, more than Bruce and Dick do, but I think there were implications that Ollie sees Roy as a son like Connor.
    ^^^I think it’s the other way around. I think, as much as he enjoyed doing what they did, Roy always wanted a relationship dynamic Ollie just never provided.

As an example, when Batman brought Robin in as a sidekick he def. took it seriously:

Ollie meanwhile, was pretty damn casual about it:

Ollie’s remarks in the first panel are def. more sibling than parent.

Roy enjoyed a lot more freedom than his fellow sidekicks, but that translated to Ollie just taking off on him to go cross country w. Hal Jordan, and we all know what that led to.

Always Rakzo

Ollie is like a father to Roy.

Sadly, he might have been a much worse father than Bruce ever was to Dick (even at his worst). It doesn't help that Roy knew Ollie at his lowest when he was trying to portray this "holier than thou" Liberal persona when he was in fact as flawed as he ever was and abandoned Roy on his own when he needed him the most. Ollie abandoned Connor as well but at least he thought he was leaving him with a better person than himself (and he was probably right), but there's simply no justification for what Ollie did to Roy, it was an extremely selfish act that only terrible father could commit.

And yet Roy still forgave Ollie because Roy is a better man than Ollie.

Extraordinary Member

Word Balloon: joshua williamson talks superman, dark crisis green arrow bane and more
    • Confirms that there is the possibility of this being extended beyond the 6 issues. Points to the sales for issue #1 as being a key factor.
    • First issue focuses primarily on Ollie, Dinah, Roy and Connor Hawke.
    • Confirms Mia will be returning in the book, not just appearing on the cover

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Seeing in a supporting role (as in lending support/giving advice) would be preferable if they insist on having her there, I think.
    I’m more than willing to be proven wrong though, and blown away by whatever is actually done w. her!

^^^I think it’s the other way around. I think, as much as he enjoyed doing what they did, Roy always wanted a relationship dynamic Ollie just never provided.

As an example, when Batman brought Robin in as a sidekick he def. took it seriously:

Ollie meanwhile, was pretty damn casual about it:

Ollie’s remarks in the first panel are def. more sibling than parent.

Roy enjoyed a lot more freedom than his fellow sidekicks, but that translated to Ollie just taking off on him to go cross country w. Hal Jordan, and we all know what that led to.
    You could still have Cissie play a supporting role in Ollie's operation. Diversity in skillset would help the legacies stand out more.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-22-2023 at 06:36 PM.

You could still have Cissie play a supporting role in Ollie's operation. Diversity in skillset would help the legacies stand out more.
    ^^^Exactly what I’m advocating.
    I know there are times previous stories need to be put aside to better use a character but I don’t believe this is one of those times. PAD told a GREAT story w. Cissie, and using her going forward would benefit from not undoing it.

She may never headline a movie or sell a ton of books, but the hard work put in on her shouldn’t just be trashed. TBH she brings nothing to the table w. a bow all the other GA cast members can’t replicate, her strength lies in what she brings as a character.

I know there are times previous stories need to be put aside to better use a character but I don’t believe this is one of those times. PAD told a GREAT story w. Cissie, and using her going forward would benefit from not undoing it.

She may never headline a movie or sell a ton of books, but the hard work put in on her shouldn’t just be trashed. TBH she brings nothing to the table w. a bow all the other GA cast members can’t replicate, her strength lies in what she brings as a character.
    I liked Conner being the Martial Arts expert and being spiritual while Roy is good with gadgets. So another specialty helps her be a more rounded character.

I also remember her being a stage kid as her mother was Arrowette before her. So I'd tackle that through Cissie and make her a less dark version of Hellcat from Jessica Jones.

That’s some great art with all the characters together. Kind of like the Young Justice animated series, I wouldn’t mind if Sportsmaster and Tigress showed up as villains. (Maybe they’re being saved for the Justice Society.)

I’ve always thought Count Vertigo should be an opponent of Black Canary… something about how their powers work against one another works for me.

I’m not a regular Arrow reader, but the idea of the whole family and new characters coming together excites me. (Similar to what’s going on over in the Superman books - Power Girl getting acknowledged as a Super.)

I hope we see some other Arrow adversaries too!
    Last edited by WonderScott; 01-23-2023 at 12:34 PM.

I forgot to mention that I’d love to see Onyx Adams show up as part of the family - definitely an underutilized character from my POV.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    That’s some great art with all the characters together. Kind of like the Young Justice animated series, I wouldn’t mind if Sportsmaster and Tigress showed up as villains. (Maybe they’re being saved for the Justice Society.)

I’ve always thought Count Vertigo should be an opponent of Black Canary… something about how their powders work against one another works for me.

I’m not a regular Arrow reader, but the idea of the whole family and new characters coming together excites me. (Similar to what’s going on over in the Superman books - Power Girl getting acknowledged as a Super.)

I hope we see some other Arrow adversaries too!
    You could retool Sportmaster and Tigress as rivals for Ollie and Dinah.

I forgot to mention that I’d love to see Onyx Adams show up as part of the family - definitely an underutilized character from my POV.
    I agree. I'm hoping the weapon clans pop up again.

I liked Conner being the Martial Arts expert and being spiritual while Roy is good with gadgets. So another specialty helps her be a more rounded character.

I also remember her being a stage kid as her mother was Arrowette before her. So I'd tackle that through Cissie and make her a less dark version of Hellcat from Jessica Jones.
    ^^^ooh! That’s a cool take on her, well done!!!

^^^Upvote.

I'm curious how Ollie and Cissie would interact.

^^^ooh! That’s a cool take on her, well done!!!

^^^Upvote.
    She's the teen idol superhero..... I feel like she would've been a good foil for Conner as he's a more spiritual and disciplined character.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm curious how Ollie and Cissie would interact.
    ^^^Well, she’s the daughter of his old stalker w. a crush, so…

OLLIE: “Heh, if things had gone differerently 18 years ago, I coulda been your father.”

CISSIE: “As if. My mom was twenty. Way too old for you.”

She's the teen idol superhero..... I feel like she would've been a good foil for Conner as he's a more spiritual and disciplined character.
    ^^^Man, you’ve got a real good handle on how this could work.