Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132 LastLast

Man, this was a great issue! I absolutely loved seeing these 4 girls together as a team. Their snow costumes look amazing. I also feel like all of their voices were perfect. I especially loved the reunion scene between Mia and Ollie. So well done. It has occured to me that Waller might be lying about the brain bombs concerning the girls though. Can't wait for the next issue.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    Man, this was a great issue! I absolutely loved seeing these 4 girls together as a team. Their snow costumes look amazing. I also feel like all of their voices were perfect. I especially loved the reunion scene between Mia and Ollie. So well done. It has occured to me that Waller might be lying about the brain bombs concerning the girls though. Can't wait for the next issue.
    Williamson rocks! I have enjoyed so much this issue that I can also forgive rehashing heroes in crisis
    Last edited by failo.legendkiller; 03-31-2024 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Waller is really putting bombs in teen girls? Even if it's not the same bomb as the Suicide Squad, that's still a lot.

I like that they acknowledged Arrowette has no real ties to Ollie or the Arrow Family. I kind of expected Ollie to talk more about Bonnie King because he actually knew her. But I also like how they acknowledged Cissie retired so she wouldn't have put the costume on otherwise if they hadn't forced her into it.

Emiko has long hair now? And now gets the "Aunt Emiko" treatment!
    I wondered if that was an art error. It's easily handwaveable because Red Canary wears a wig - she could've given Emiko a spare, as a way to help her keep warm. Which would also serve as a meta reference. Before Red Canary's identity was revealed to the readers, some fans wondered if she was Red Arrow with a new codename (others thought she might be Sin, who it turns out there was other plans for as she's now a Bird of Prey) - if you look at the concept art, you might notice that Sienna's real hair is a similar bob like Emiko's.

Cissie actually already came out of retirement during Bendis's Young Justice run - Meghan Fitzmartin's mini ignored that, and that mini is in turn ignored here. She didn't come out of retirement due to being brain bombed, she was already back.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 04-03-2024 at 04:31 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I really enjoyed the last issue.
    As some have said, I like that Williamson acknowledged that Cissie is not really part of the family and that she’d rather be retired. I still think she could have been left out given the crazy number of actual family members involved, though.
    It was great seeing Emiko, but she felt a bit off for me. As if she wasn’t as close to Ollie as she’s been shown to be. I hope her role expands as the series continues.
    I absolutely love the focus given to Mia. She’s overdue some screen time and the reunion with Connor was cute.
    And then there’s Red Canary… still the least interesting character of whatever comic she stars in. I was hoping that Williamson could bring her some personality since he created her in the first place, but it feels like zero thought went into her creation beyond the costume design. All she was going for her is that she’s Dinah’s legacy, but that’s hardly unique with Sin around. Hopefully Cissie can influence her to retire too.

I want the family to finally reunite in one place, but with a “simplified” roster:
    - Ollie, Dinah
    - Roy (Arsenal), Connor, Mia (Speedy) and Emiko (Red Arrow).
    - Lian (not necessarily as a costumed hero).

I’d keep Sin as part of the Birds of Prey and as an occasional guest in the Green Arrow comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I really enjoyed the last issue.
    As some have said, I like that Williamson acknowledged that Cissie is not really part of the family and that she’d rather be retired. I still think she could have been left out given the crazy number of actual family members involved, though.
    It was great seeing Emiko, but she felt a bit off for me. As if she wasn’t as close to Ollie as she’s been shown to be. I hope her role expands as the series continues.
    I absolutely love the focus given to Mia. She’s overdue some screen time and the reunion with Connor was cute.
    And then there’s Red Canary… still the least interesting character of whatever comic she stars in. I was hoping that Williamson could bring her some personality since he created her in the first place, but it feels like zero thought went into her creation beyond the costume design. All she was going for her is that she’s Dinah’s legacy, but that’s hardly unique with Sin around. Hopefully Cissie can influence her to retire too.

I want the family to finally reunite in one place, but with a “simplified” roster:
    - Ollie, Dinah
    - Roy (Arsenal), Connor, Mia (Speedy) and Emiko (Red Arrow).
    - Lian (not necessarily as a costumed hero).

I’d keep Sin as part of the Birds of Prey and as an occasional guest in the Green Arrow comic.
    I feel like the appeal of Red Canary is that she's a hardcore fangirl...and kind of a hot mess making it up as she goes along as a vigilante.

Yeah, they're trying to get their own answer to Ms. Marvel, aren't they? Sienna and Kamala are both superhero fangirls who became superheroes themselves. Though DC seemed to forget that they already have someone like that - Wonder Girl Cassie Sandsmark.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, they're trying to get their own answer to Ms. Marvel, aren't they? Sienna and Kamala are both superhero fangirls who became superheroes themselves. Though DC seemed to forget that they already have someone like that - Wonder Girl Cassie Sandsmark.
    The other issue is that Kamala actually had a book where she appeared in such as her ongoing.

Red Canary suffers from the fact before now she's only appeared in event specials so she's very underdeveloped.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    The other issue is that Kamala actually had a book where she appeared in such as her ongoing.

Red Canary suffers from the fact before now she's only appeared in event specials so she's very underdeveloped.
    The Lazarus Planet one is probably what's developed her the most.

I'm really late to this but I just wanted to express my happiness to see Mia Dearden and Cissie King Jones back! I love the page hug with Mia and Oliver in it. They acknowledged their history and that powers that be have been trying to keep them down and separated. Mia has been done so dirty, but now she's back with a red arrow girl team and I couldn't be more overjoyed to see her. I do wish I could have seen her more in action though. I'm also pleased that Arrowette got to appear as well. Being a retired superhero really brings the threat of being axed altogether. So I'm glad she's getting remembered as a classic Young Justice heroine

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like the appeal of Red Canary is that she's a hardcore fangirl...and kind of a hot mess making it up as she goes along as a vigilante.
    I guess so, but it’s such an overdone trope… she needs at least a personality so she can stand out.

True, but Kamala was a fully-realized character with many distinct traits from the very start. In one issue she proved her worth by providing a point of view that no other character did. Plus a great visual and very creative use of her powers (RIP pre-MCU Kamala).
    Red Canary is just a rookie with no real abilities and the most generic ever backstory.
    Thankfully they’re finally remembering Cassie exists and are having her play a bigger role in King’s Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    I'm really late to this but I just wanted to express my happiness to see Mia Dearden and Cissie King Jones back! I love the page hug with Mia and Oliver in it. They acknowledged their history and that powers that be have been trying to keep them down and separated. Mia has been done so dirty, but now she's back with a red arrow girl team and I couldn't be more overjoyed to see her. I do wish I could have seen her more in action though. I'm also pleased that Arrowette got to appear as well. Being a retired superhero really brings the threat of being axed altogether. So I'm glad she's getting remembered as a classic Young Justice heroine
    Is this legit the first comic Ollie and Cissie have been in together?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I'm still trying to see why Red Canary is a thing? She seems rather useless and forced into the GA family. But always great to see the others. THey need a team book

Last edited by Primal Slayer; 04-05-2024 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I'm still trying to see why Red Canary is a thing? She seems rather useless and forced into the GA family. But always great to see the others. THey need a team book

They should have Mia join Steph in her babysitting teen hero team.

Extraordinary Member

For DC as a whole?
    We have Cassandra and Stephanie already

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

Wasn’t red canary suppose to get superpowers after Lazarus rain, like claws or something?