Extraordinary Member

Default Gandalf vs Maleficent

Gandalf, from the Peter Jackson Lord of the Rings movies.

vs.

Maleficent, from Disney's Sleeping Beauty

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

I swear when I clicked into this I thought it was Gambit vs Mal, not Gandalf.

Anyways, is this Jolie Mal?
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    I swear when I clicked into this I thought it was Gambit vs Mal, not Gandalf.

Anyways, is this Jolie Mal?
    Nope, the OG

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

She already got killed by one magic sword, and Gandalf has already taken on the armies of Hell with Glamdring. (Well OK, they were mostly Goblins, but still)
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Intuitively I feel Gandalf should be able to pull it off, but I'm not sure how, and I'm certain he'd have a harder time of it than Phillip with he assistance of the Fairy Godmothers.

Specifically, Phillip was on the defensive during the dragon battle with an enchanted shield, and only got the killing blow with the sword because Flora turned on auto-aim. Maleficent also took direct sword strikes to the face to no visible effect, and the fire she throws out has a great deal of concussive force behind it, in that it blew apart the bridge to Aurora's tower.

While movie Gandalf's stamina is pretty up there, his shield requires some conjuring, and I honestly don't recall if he has any ranged options to contend with Maleficent summoning a storm and bombarding him with lightning at range.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Intuitively I feel Gandalf should be able to pull it off, but I'm not sure how, and I'm certain he'd have a harder time of it than Phillip with he assistance of the Fairy Godmothers.

Specifically, Phillip was on the defensive during the dragon battle with an enchanted shield, and only got the killing blow with the sword because Flora turned on auto-aim. Maleficent also took direct sword strikes to the face to no visible effect, and the fire she throws out has a great deal of concussive force behind it, in that it blew apart the bridge to Aurora's tower.

While movie Gandalf's stamina is pretty up there, his shield requires some conjuring, and I honestly don't recall if he has any ranged options to contend with Maleficent summoning a storm and bombarding him with lightning at range.
    He did "something" to drive off the Fell Beasts during the siege of Minas Tirith, when he went out to rescue Faramir and his companions.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

*eats popcorn watching movie-Gandalf getting his rear kicked*

Having real problems seeing him winning.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Maleficent's lightning also had pretty epic range and did quite a lot of collateral before she even turned into a dragon.

1:50 onwards in the below video:

Last edited by Nik Hasta; 01-20-2023 at 06:29 AM.

Well he did block strikes from the Balrog, and his lightning was enough to finally kill it. What's to say this won't be a repeat?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Well he did block strikes from the Balrog, and his lightning was enough to finally kill it. What's to say this won't be a repeat?
    Because Gandalf needs to get into stabbing range to make this happen, while Maleficent doesn't unless she's feeling particularly spiteful.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    *eats popcorn watching movie-Gandalf getting his rear kicked*

Having real problems seeing him winning.
    Ah I missed it was Movie Gandalf.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!