Extraordinary Member

Default The Great British Bump-Off by John Allison and Max Sarin

Come April, the crew at Dark Horse Comics is going to explore what would happen if you combined The Great British Bake-Off with Glass Onion or Die Another Day. ComicBook.com can exclusively reveal the publisher is gearing up to release The Great British Bump-Off, an "Agatha Christie-style mystery set in the world of English competitive baking."

The four-issue limited series will makes its way into shops this April from the creative team of John Allison (Steeple), Max Sarin, and Sammy Borras. The first issue will also have a variant cover by breakout artist Dan Hipp.

"I've made a lot of comics, I've read a lot of mysteries, and I've eaten a lot of cakes," Allison tells ComicBook.com. "You might say that I've been preparing for this series since I tasted my first fondant fancy. And as I'm working with Max and Sammy again, readers can be assured that the confection will look as good as it tastes."

Extraordinary Member

Not gunna lie, it's like this was tailor made in a lab for me.

Extraordinary Member

The Great British Bump-Off #1 Preview
    Writer: John Allison
    Artist: Max Sarin

Extraordinary Member

Issue #1 was an extremely enjoyable read.

Extraordinary Member

Looks like I may have been the only one on these boards to pick this up - the series was very good, if you enjoy either The Great British Bake off or murder mystery comedies I highly recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Looks like I may have been the only one on these boards to pick this up - the series was very good, if you enjoy either The Great British Bake off or murder mystery comedies I highly recommend.
    Thanks for creating a thread for this! I would've been none the wiser if I hadn't been browsing the threads here. I'm a huge fan of John Allison's work but this completely went under my radar. Definitely need to pick this up as soon as possible because it sounds like a blast!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amacent View Post
    Thanks for creating a thread for this! I would've been none the wiser if I hadn't been browsing the threads here. I'm a huge fan of John Allison's work but this completely went under my radar. Definitely need to pick this up as soon as possible because it sounds like a blast!
    If you want to wait a few more months the trade is out in December I believe.