Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post

They've removed Black Bolt from the Illuminati just in time for their return which is probably because of MCU synergy since they're rumored to bring in Blue Marvel in The Marvels and maybe push Emma as the mutant representation for when she's a main character in the MCU. Kevin Feige is in charge of the comics now, so I'm not surprise they'd eliminate more inhumans from comics, even teams they logically belonged to.
    If that were so, why is Black Bolt in the other miniseries starring the Illuminati?

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    If that were so, why is Black Bolt in the other miniseries starring the Illuminati?
    Because he's gonna be killed off or ignored at some point. The Xavier on that team is also not the Xavier in the comics.

I doubt it's a synergy thing since Tony is dead and they had an MCU illuminati with a completely different team. The team is likely different for comic book reasons like Xavier being a sad boy on Krakoa and the Black Bolt being "In space", Namor being either in jail or wakanda. Not sure about T'challa since he got be on the Avengers. As for Hickman he makes his own rules and the only time he has seemingly been rebuffed is BB not being in the illuminati huddle on krakoa.

They've removed Black Bolt from the Illuminati just in time for their return which is probably because of MCU synergy since they're rumored to bring in Blue Marvel in The Marvels and maybe push Emma as the mutant representation for when she's a main character in the MCU. Kevin Feige is in charge of the comics now, so I'm not surprise they'd eliminate more inhumans from comics, even teams they logically belonged to.
    So are we accepting than Feige is not inhuman friendly?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    So are we accepting than Feige is not inhuman friendly?
    It's not about being inhuman friendly. It's about Disney being a business, and like they did before, they use the comics as commercial pamphlets to advertise their real money makers, the movies. So Feige has the same marketing prowess as Ike Perlmutter because he's using the comics to advertise upcoming projects instead of have non-MCU characters taking up marketing space.

That we can accept. I think he did want to do inhumans based on the interviews he had, it just became a DCEU situation, and ended up replacing them last minute with The Eternals. I don't know how long he really wanted to do them, and if his plan all along was to actually do The Eternals in the slot they had planned for The Inhumans. In any case, I enjoy eternals being in the MCU. But I don't think the narrative people invented about him being anti-inhuman is true, as opposed to him marketing up and coming projects.

Let's be clear that Disney is a business, that doesn't respect its workers, not a charity for creative writers.
    Last edited by Force de Phenix; 08-13-2023 at 03:11 AM.

It's not about being inhuman friendly. It's about Disney being a business, and like they did before, they use the comics as commercial pamphlets to advertise their real money makers, the movies. So Feige has the same marketing prowess as Ike Perlmutter because he's using the comics to advertise upcoming projects instead of have non-MCU characters taking up marketing space.
    I agree on those points.

That we can accept. I think he did want to do inhumans based on the interviews he had, it just became a DCEU situation, and ended up replacing them last minute with The Eternals. I don't know how long he really wanted to do them, and if his plan all along was to actually do The Eternals in the slot they had planned for The Inhumans. In any case, I enjoy eternals being in the MCU. But I don't think the narrative people invented about him being anti-inhuman is true, as opposed to him marketing up and coming projects.
    I am not convinced on that. One thing are words and other things are actions. And Feige actions were always antagonistic towards the Inhumans. He wasn't to say in interviews he disagreed with his bosses, but he pushed back the movie and left out of the schedule after he got full control of Marvel Studios. Maybe I am exagerating and he have nothing personal against the inhumans, but it was evident than Inhumans was a conflict point between Feige and the Marvel Creative Committee.

Let's be clear that Disney is a business, that doesn't respect its workers, not a charity for creative writers.
    And in this I agree too.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I agree on those points.

I am not convinced on that. One thing are words and other things are actions. And Feige actions were always antagonistic towards the Inhumans. He wasn't to say in interviews he disagreed with his bosses, but he pushed back the movie and left out of the schedule after he got full control of Marvel Studios. Maybe I am exagerating and he have nothing personal against the inhumans, but it was evident than Inhumans was a conflict point between Feige and the Marvel Creative Committee.

And in this I agree too.
    He has no reason to hate any comic book characters. They didn't do anything to him. So no, he doesn't have anything against him. Have producers and directors ever quit because of creative differences? Has anyone hated their boss? Did DC cancel Snyder's version of characters? Yes. Was Feige's ultimate goal to make the Eternals a movie with an Oscar winning director and cast all along instead of just not making something in that slot? Why did he personally request Black Bolt for Multiverse of Madness?

Like with most things on the internet, Fridge hating the inhumans was a bad telephone game fed by the Twitterverse that people insist on pushing. Why? Because they're simply haters.

Even if he hated them since he was a kid reading the Fantastic Four, is it important? No.

It's weird for people to think he has a soft spot for Echo, Agatha Harkness, etc.

Who said something about Feige hating the inhumans? What I am saying it is the inhumans were a conflict issue between Feige and the MCC. The MCC wanted to go in a direction which Feige didn't agree with and that included the use of the inhumans. Once Feige got control of Marvel Studios, he cancelled the movie. He didn't posponed it, he cancelled it. I don't think he did it because he hated the characters, but he was sending a message to his previous bosses with that action. Cancelling the Inhumans movie was killing the messenger.

And the answer of the members of the then dissolved MCC? You know it already.

Who said something about Feige hating the inhumans? What I am saying it is the inhumans were a conflict issue between Feige and the MCC. The MCC wanted to go in a direction which Feige didn't agree with and that included the use of the inhumans. Once Feige got control of Marvel Studios, he cancelled the movie. He didn't posponed it, he cancelled it. I don't think he did it because he hated the characters, but he was sending a message to his previous bosses with that action. Cancelling the Inhumans movie was killing the messenger.

And the answer of the members of the then dissolved MCC? You know it already.
    I don't think Feige cared about "going in that direction" given the fact that the direction he went with were making things like The Eternals, Guardians of the Galaxy, Moon Knight, House of Agatha, etc. Him not wanting to go with them implies he hated/hates them, when you can also read it as it was taken from his line-up, but the narrative is that the inhumans are hated by everyone, and people push this on him without him saying anything about hating them, but people prefer to make these suggestions and put words in his mouth for him.

Or basically he's worse than Perlmutter in regards with how he allegedly treated IP's he doesn't have projects in the works for. They were still making a consistent amount of X-Men movies and they were always parts of every event. We aren't getting any inhumans movies from another company, or less books. Feige eliminated them for business purposes, minus Multiverse of Madness and making Kamala a hybrid inhuman. It's disgusting.

I don't think Feige cared about "going in that direction" given the fact that the direction he went with were making things like The Eternals, Guardians of the Galaxy, Moon Knight, House of Agatha, etc. Him not wanting to go with them implies he hated/hates them, when you can also read it as it was taken from his line-up, but the narrative is that the inhumans are hated by everyone, and people push this on him without him saying anything about hating them, but people prefer to make these suggestions and put words in his mouth for him.

Or basically he's worse than Perlmutter in regards with how he allegedly treated IP's he doesn't have projects in the works for. They were still making a consistent amount of X-Men movies and they were always parts of every event. We aren't getting any inhumans movies from another company, or less books. Feige eliminated them for business purposes, minus Multiverse of Madness and making Kamala a hybrid inhuman. It's disgusting.
    I wouldn't say hate is the word. I would say than Feige considered the Inhumans not profitable enough or a risky investiment. It is evident than there was a conflict inside Marvel and the inhumans was part of that conflict. It was know than Feige demanded independence for Marvel Studios. He was not agreed with the desicions of Perlmutter, and Perlmutter was among the ones who pushed more for the inhumans. I don't say than Feige hated the inhumans, (that a word thanyou had repeated, Force de Phenix), but he helped to put them in the background.

I wouldn't say hate is the word. I would say than Feige considered the Inhumans not profitable enough or a risky investiment. It is evident than there was a conflict inside Marvel and the inhumans was part of that conflict. It was know than Feige demanded independence for Marvel Studios. He was not agreed with the desicions of Perlmutter, and Perlmutter was among the ones who pushed more for the inhumans. I don't say than Feige hated the inhumans, (that a word thanyou had repeated, Force de Phenix), but he helped to put them in the background.
    It's not evident the inhumans we're part of a conflict of him not thinking they were profitable. When he didn't "have to do them anymore" he chose the Eternals to push because people think that the Eternals were more popular, profitable and not a risky investment.

It's just speculation that's based on people not liking them or saying they aren't "popular" enough, or he found them less profitable and risky than the Eternals, Echo, Ironheart, etc. After the failed Secret Invasion series and how much Feige's projects are going now, I don't think we can give him the benefit of the speculated doubt.

He didn't ask for independence. When he got the Spider-Man deal and it worked, they restructured everything. But they never fired anyone. If anything, current management is just as terrible, and they're hiding the racism better, and probably made the other stories public to justify it to shareholders. It wasn't out of the goodness of their hearts, because we know these people are snakes.

Also, the inhumans "push" was a positive thing, just like the push for diversity and inclusion of lesser known characters being brought to the spotlight and not being left out. Other characters have always been pushed to the front and to say "push" like it's negative wouldn't have gotten us new stories.

Lockjaw gets kidnapped. Odd choice to make D-dog and entirely different breed when I'm pretty sure he is suppose to be his brother from the mini.
    http://www.multiversitycomics.com/pr...l-unleashed-1/

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    "some things in the works" Maybe an editor saw it and decided to sell it as a variant cover, It happened to Christian Ward's drawing of Cosmic ghost rider. Way too late for anything Gala related though.

At least one Inhuman will be in gods. Our favorite Doorman Eldrac. Not surprising since Hickman created him.
    Last edited by mung; 08-24-2023 at 07:52 PM.

Hey Medusa is on the cover, I wonder if she will actually be in it.