Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

So is there a reason we got Lockjaw on the cover of an X-Men variant???

X-men #25 Variant CF Villa Stormbreakers is up for final order cutoff this Monday.

The Inhumans greater history suggests that they periodically may go through such things, or things that end up deposing or causing them to abdicate. Wouldn't it be interesting if there was some genetic or coded reason this happens.
    Since they more or less do inbreeding, maybe certain genes or expressions are involved.
    Or their interactions with other gene pools, since over vast time they've come into contact with most humanoid type species I would think.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

X-men #25 Variant CF Villa Stormbreakers is up for final order cutoff this Monday.
    No idea. I think he was in a Wolverine Infinity series, but don't have enough motivation to look it up.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    The end of an inhuman Attilan monarchy was clear and coming as their story progressed and they were doing things like freeing the Alphas, meeting new inhumans with more independence, and Medusa and Black Bolt learned that the inhumans would benefit from a republic. I don't think it came out of nowhere. They usually appear and do big changes like moving all of Attilan or releasing Terrigen in the air.

I just think Marvel is stuck with a nostalgic reader base that are more comfortable with legacy characters staying the same. When the X-Men became inhumans light, not everyone accepted it and called them out on going against the 50 years of their mission of living with humans as a goal, to superhuman isolationism with a monarchy type rule

Also, the inhumans' biggest "Joker" villain was the monarchy and inhuman tradition. Abdicating and moving on to something new would imply too much work for a writer because they would have to come up with a new story and mythos for inhumans like Hickman did, and I don't think Marvel has any other writer like Hickman who would dedicate time to the inhumans to take them on their next adventure. It kinda why Cates just knew how to kill them, and try to make it seem like they were all dead.
    Was it though? Can you provide examples, refrences, quotes? You have "Medusa and Black Bolt learned that the inhumans would benefit from a republic." but where did they? Shortly after they left earth the Inhumans were all put into camps. I brought this up that I could see natives of Attilan loosing that trust in her that she would be to weak to rule, and the idea of elections was her idea so that would be weak as well.

That's the overall thing we know Marvel will usually forget important details unfortunately cause editors seem to forget their job to guide, and as fans we seem to have to do this job more often then not. So you are saying that was the path you saw the Inhumans going, while I am disagreeing that more things pointed to it not be the case.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Was it though? Can you provide examples, refrences, quotes? You have "Medusa and Black Bolt learned that the inhumans would benefit from a republic." but where did they? Shortly after they left earth the Inhumans were all put into camps. I brought this up that I could see natives of Attilan loosing that trust in her that she would be to weak to rule, and the idea of elections was her idea so that would be weak as well.

That's the overall thing we know Marvel will usually forget important details unfortunately cause editors seem to forget their job to guide, and as fans we seem to have to do this job more often then not. So you are saying that was the path you saw the Inhumans going, while I am disagreeing that more things pointed to it not be the case.
    They spent their time post Inhumanity learning about different inhumans' way of life and opened Attilan as not being exclusively inhuman and not forcing new inhumans to abide by Attilanian rules like they're doing with Krakoa. Them giving inhumans more independence was a segue into abdicating and being proud of Attilan's progression into a republic. They also took on a more protector role as opposed to a branch of the genetics council and protectors of Terrigen and the inhuman race. In the story Once and Future Kings, they added more to the argument of how the monarchy didn't serve a good purpose always and having such a head of state is the reason for the Alphas' existence and tyranny in Attilan.

The inhumans were showing a lot of progress and new stories that would replace the need for the repeated stories of a monarchy and it worked. We also started to see inhumans more as the race they are as opposed to the characters they focused on in the past.

All this said, I think it's too much to ask for a writer to write a plan like only Hickman is capable of, and he moved onto GODS. I have a feeling that they'll just rehash the old status quo and ignore their progress because it's easy and when people were trying to cancel Marvel for progress, Marvel ran backwards. And like I mentioned, even X-Men fans don't like the Hickman story, and the Fall of X might reboot them back to what they were.

Probably no real reason like the one variant cover a while back with a lockjaw plushie on it. Or it could be because CF drew Lockjaw's mini and X-men. A sorta tribute to his own marvel work for the stormbreakers thing.

Because… Lovkjaw… Is… Awesome… !!!
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Their titles like King and Queen are just like the American presidency. Once you’ve held the title, they call you that for life. For example, when an article is written about those that are still alive, they still call them “President Clinton” or “President Bush” or “President Obama” or “President Trump” even though they don’t hold that office anymore.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Their titles like King and Queen are just like the American presidency. Once you’ve held the title, they call you that for life. For example, when an article is written about those that are still alive, they still call them “President Clinton” or “President Bush” or “President Obama” or “President Trump” even though they don’t hold that office anymore.
    One could call them that for reference, but it's just lazy writing for them to use a monarchy again after their character development had them abdicate. I don't know if any republic became a monarchy again willing without a war. It would be like Stockholm syndrome.

Astonishing Member

One could call them that for reference, but it's just lazy writing for them to use a monarchy again after their character development had them abdicate. I don't know if any republic became a monarchy again willing without a war. It would be like Stockholm syndrome.
    UK, kind of all the countries in it were a player but it wasn't the UK yet.

UK, kind of all the countries in it were a player but it wasn't the UK yet.
    This doesn't change anything. It would be silly for people from Attilan to restore something like the monarchy because it would mean that they didn't like having the freedom to choose a representative. If they ran for an electoral campaign and won, it would be a different story. It's probably why they're going with Articlan, or whatever. They want to have their cake and eat it too. It's just annoying that Marvel doesn't want to give them a proper send off and left them hanging for half a decade.

Astonishing Member

They spent their time post Inhumanity learning about different inhumans' way of life and opened Attilan as not being exclusively inhuman and not forcing new inhumans to abide by Attilanian rules like they're doing with Krakoa. Them giving inhumans more independence was a segue into abdicating and being proud of Attilan's progression into a republic. They also took on a more protector role as opposed to a branch of the genetics council and protectors of Terrigen and the inhuman race. In the story Once and Future Kings, they added more to the argument of how the monarchy didn't serve a good purpose always and having such a head of state is the reason for the Alphas' existence and tyranny in Attilan.

The inhumans were showing a lot of progress and new stories that would replace the need for the repeated stories of a monarchy and it worked. We also started to see inhumans more as the race they are as opposed to the characters they focused on in the past.

All this said, I think it's too much to ask for a writer to write a plan like only Hickman is capable of, and he moved onto GODS. I have a feeling that they'll just rehash the old status quo and ignore their progress because it's easy and when people were trying to cancel Marvel for progress, Marvel ran backwards. And like I mentioned, even X-Men fans don't like the Hickman story, and the Fall of X might reboot them back to what they were.
    Wasn't the Alpha's existence by the Genetics Council to create cheap manual labour. That the Alpha's fell under their power and control so no Royals could do anything about that?

"They also took on a more protector role as opposed to a branch of the genetics council and protectors of Terrigen and the inhuman race."?

Yes Uncanny Inhumans had stories from different walks of life while still having a Monarchy, if it literally was fixing something you wanted without shaking the status quo Marvel likes to do a lot what is the issue here?

True they didn't force the Nuhumans to follow Attilan's laws though I don't recall a scene exploring this. Could have Auran and different high ranking member of Attilan/New Attilan talking about adding them her for the other against, so Medusa compromises and allows those Nuhumans with a former occupation to continue it if they so choose to. I admit that would be interesting to see and a shame we didn't get this, if we did tell me the book and issue. If you would like to quote please do.

The big thing is this, did the people of Attilan/New Attilan want this. For the most part most are quite happy with the Royals, the Uncanny X-men (2016) issue 18 had the native Attilan Inhumans want to save Queen Medusa, they like the Royal family.

Astonishing Member

This doesn't change anything. It would be silly for people from Attilan to restore something like the monarchy because it would mean that they didn't like having the freedom to choose a representative. If they ran for an electoral campaign and won, it would be a different story. It's probably why they're going with Articlan, or whatever. They want to have their cake and eat it too. It's just annoying that Marvel doesn't want to give them a proper send off and left them hanging for half a decade.
    Oh I get it, you don't know how things can work. I am from Canada, and our head of State is our Monarch King Charles the 3rd. We also have elections every few years for a number of things but the big ones are our Provincal elections for our Premier, and our Federal ones for our MP which decideds our Prime Minister.

Yes a story explaining how they came to power again would be good, but so would the story of how they saw becoming a Republic would be good. Cause all I got was Medusa stepped down, abdicated the throne (which I explained in an earlier post doesn't mean get rid of the Monarchy here is a refresher "Abdicate (verb) (of a monarch) renounce one's throne, abdicated past tense of abdicate."), Iso got power because they trust her, who was the one who said they should hold elections. This is right near the end of IvX issue 6.

If you want to read a comic that actually built this up at the time , it was Black Panther. Many different Wakandans were not liking different things about Wakanda. Some were not liking the social/political hierarchy and privileges, some didn't like the concept of Royals, etc. T'Challa met and allied with them to find a compromise which changes from a Autocracy Monarchy to a Constitutional one. We actually see issues people like and didn't like work together to come for a system that most agree with it.

For the Inhumans it is like with freeing the Alpha's we actually got a comic that went into it. Saw the Alpha's rise, we got an actually voice of complaint. We haven't got that from the citizens of Attilan/New Attilan about the Crown.

Oh I get it, you don't know how things can work. I am from Canada, and our head of State is our Monarch King Charles the 3rd. We also have elections every few years for a number of things but the big ones are our Provincal elections for our Premier, and our Federal ones for our MP which decideds our Prime Minister.

Yes a story explaining how they came to power again would be good, but so would the story of how they saw becoming a Republic would be good. Cause all I got was Medusa stepped down, abdicated the throne (which I explained in an earlier post doesn't mean get rid of the Monarchy here is a refresher "Abdicate (verb) (of a monarch) renounce one's throne, abdicated past tense of abdicate."), Iso got power because they trust her, who was the one who said they should hold elections. This is right near the end of IvX issue 6.

If you want to read a comic that actually built this up at the time , it was Black Panther. Many different Wakandans were not liking different things about Wakanda. Some were not liking the social/political hierarchy and privileges, some didn't like the concept of Royals, etc. T'Challa met and allied with them to find a compromise which changes from a Autocracy Monarchy to a Constitutional one. We actually see issues people like and didn't like work together to come for a system that most agree with it.

For the Inhumans it is like with freeing the Alpha's we actually got a comic that went into it. Saw the Alpha's rise, we got an actually voice of complaint. We haven't got that from the citizens of Attilan/New Attilan about the Crown.
    I think Marvel was taking the next step in their inhumans story after freeing the Alphas by making Attilan a republic, which is what they did. It was the natural next step. Be that as it may, as I've said, I think writers are too lazy to move forward with this concept and create the next steps and are just going to ignore Attilan and stick with Articlan because it's the easiest way out, especially for people who don't read inhumans, which is apparently Marvel's target audience.

Astonishing Member

I think the better choice for Inhumans in a society direction would have been to make Ahura King of New Attilan. This would have put him as the head of the 2 most powerful Inhuman nations New Attilan and Ennilux.
    New Attilan has plotical connections and reputation to multiple nations, along with its advanced technology puts it up there with the likes of Wakanda, and it hold ceremonial value to Inhumans.
    Meanwhile Ennilux took itself in the form of finances being to the rest of the world a company giving good revenue, along with territory with its branches.

With the other Kingdoms having been greatly crippled the choices would be either find a way to rebuild which was lost or to join one of the other Kingdoms that are stable . New Attilan and Ennilux will be busy with either answer and most likely would have need to coordinate with each other. Having one person undisputed in charge of this would allow clear direction, and would need to pick someone that wouldn't overshadow the other nation and/or show favourites as the savours of these people, so if the person who is already at the top of both leads rebuilding efforts it is shared credit without argument.
    On the other side if it is leaning more into the fallen Kingdoms populations decide to instead join the last 2 active Kingdoms this could easily form into a cold war for dominance to become the future path that establishes the direction Inhumans will look to.