Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    I think the better choice for Inhumans in a society direction would have been to make Ahura King of New Attilan. This would have put him as the head of the 2 most powerful Inhuman nations New Attilan and Ennilux.
    New Attilan has plotical connections and reputation to multiple nations, along with its advanced technology puts it up there with the likes of Wakanda, and it hold ceremonial value to Inhumans.
    Meanwhile Ennilux took itself in the form of finances being to the rest of the world a company giving good revenue, along with territory with its branches.

With the other Kingdoms having been greatly crippled the choices would be either find a way to rebuild which was lost or to join one of the other Kingdoms that are stable . New Attilan and Ennilux will be busy with either answer and most likely would have need to coordinate with each other. Having one person undisputed in charge of this would allow clear direction, and would need to pick someone that wouldn't overshadow the other nation and/or show favourites as the savours of these people, so if the person who is already at the top of both leads rebuilding efforts it is shared credit without argument.
    On the other side if it is leaning more into the fallen Kingdoms populations decide to instead join the last 2 active Kingdoms this could easily form into a cold war for dominance to become the future path that establishes the direction Inhumans will look to.
    Unless we get an ongoing, I don't care that much. It's too little too late if not. New Articlan on the moon just means Marvel doesn't really care to give them further development and just feels obliged to put Black Bolt in the story reluctantly because he was in the Illuminati already.

Ultimate Member

If you want to read a comic that actually built this up at the time , it was Black Panther. Many different Wakandans were not liking different things about Wakanda. Some were not liking the social/political hierarchy and privileges, some didn't like the concept of Royals, etc. T'Challa met and allied with them to find a compromise which changes from a Autocracy Monarchy to a Constitutional one. We actually see issues people like and didn't like work together to come for a system that most agree with it.
    WORST example you could use if you are talking about the last 9 years.

That is writers OPENLY hating the character and ignoring everything that came before it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    WORST example you could use if you are talking about the last 9 years.

That is writers OPENLY hating the character and ignoring everything that came before it.
    Yes the comic had a lot of bad things, but the political shake up was actually focused, and not completely out of nowhere was what I want to address.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Unless we get an ongoing, I don't care that much. It's too little too late if not. New Articlan on the moon just means Marvel doesn't really care to give them further development and just feels obliged to put Black Bolt in the story reluctantly because he was in the Illuminati already.
    Well this was more for instead of the Inhuman republic. Now we don't know the situation. Maybe the they just renamed their city. Late now but Jonathan Hickman has twitter, late now (at least where I am) but later could ask him

"Hi was wondering if New Arctilan is the moon one, or a new different one"? This story was never going to be an Inhumans development story. Maybe more will be seen, maybe they all clash in some way with their ultimate counterpart and we see Black Bolt explain the Inhumans current situation.

I'm not sure we can expect just one comic to cover an entire race or species of super beings, characters.
    This is why they started as one small part of the Inhumans but over years have expanded to show other factions, characters, etc.

Publishing tends to be very sales dependent and almost any work gets only so much time to perform well.
    There is no easy formula to bring them back to the glory they were (?), let alone focus on new stuff.

Mind you, I'm all for the cool ideas, but I don't see a decent push to do something with it.

Kind of like Namor, Marvel's first character. Certainly gets the short shift a lot too.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I'm not sure we can expect just one comic to cover an entire race or species of super beings, characters.
    This is why they started as one small part of the Inhumans but over years have expanded to show other factions, characters, etc.

Publishing tends to be very sales dependent and almost any work gets only so much time to perform well.
    There is no easy formula to bring them back to the glory they were (?), let alone focus on new stuff.

Mind you, I'm all for the cool ideas, but I don't see a decent push to do something with it.

Kind of like Namor, Marvel's first character. Certainly gets the short shift a lot too.
    I feel like the 90's push and before when comics were omnipresent really affected the writers of today in chosing what they focus on and want to develop. I think it was the creator of the New Mutants that said he didn't really care about creating them or writing them because his goal was the X-Men, and I think he finally wrote for them.

Another con is that comics are second to the MCU and they prefer to develop more with the hope of being in the MCU. All of these are formulas for a continuation of the black list the inhumans are on. I read somewhere that they black listed them for Kamala apparently. She was an important part of their story whether dumb fans like it or not, and they're nowhere to be found in the Death of story. You'd think they'd have an inhumans send off or ceremony for one of their own.

Astonishing Member

Using the new planet works well for a relaunch, maybe an event has them called on as a last minute help or something. Use this as the pre Inhuman comic launch, then put out 3 books a City/Politics/narrative book, a team/action book, and a solo character with NO overlapping characters,. That would get at least 10 Inhumans getting focus, this is also quite close to what they were doing in there past 2 multi book launches.

Using the new planet works well for a relaunch, maybe an event has them called on as a last minute help or something. Use this as the pre Inhuman comic launch, then put out 3 books a City/Politics/narrative book, a team/action book, and a solo character with NO overlapping characters,. That would get at least 10 Inhumans getting focus, this is also quite close to what they were doing in there past 2 multi book launches.
    I would support new Inhuman comics of any sort.
    I think having all sorts of Inhumans involved in a larger event would help.
    Back-engineer?
    If we want Inhumans to be very important to the Marvel Universe, what would that be?
    Is it a certain status, within stories that are more cosmic?
    Stories that show their status in as many settings as possible?
    (Universal Inhumans?)

Is there 'something' between Universal Inhumans and...

Mutants, or X-genetics of *other races*?

Is there always some inherent conflict, genetic even, between the bearers of Inhuman genes and other similar but not "inhuman DNA" members of that race, who have their own version of

a mutant, X-gene.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Astonishing Member

I would support new Inhuman comics of any sort.
    I think having all sorts of Inhumans involved in a larger event would help.
    Back-engineer?
    If we want Inhumans to be very important to the Marvel Universe, what would that be?
    Is it a certain status, within stories that are more cosmic?
    Stories that show their status in as many settings as possible?
    (Universal Inhumans?)

Is there 'something' between Universal Inhumans and...

Mutants, or X-genetics of *other races*?

Is there always some inherent conflict, genetic even, between the bearers of Inhuman genes and other similar but not "inhuman DNA" members of that race, who have their own version of

a mutant, X-gene.
    The Universal Inhumans stayed hidden with the different tribes being together so I don't think they had any contact with the cousin spieces. That said they made a home on Centauri-IV, which is home of the Centaurians so they and the Incentaurians might be ok.
    As know real known contact I am guessing no there wasn't a conflict.

A new threat that comes from the outside the universe, and it starts affecting beings as a vanguard attack. At a Galactic Council meeting all there are taken over save for the Inhuman representatives, as it is discovered the different Materia that is inside them prevents the take over. Being the only ones who can fight without risk of being compromised they set out to end this threat.

Well that explains the Wolverine cover
    https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1678894463790333954
    At least our good boy got some recognition

Astonishing Member

Ah ok variants.

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    Well that explains the Wolverine cover
    https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1678894463790333954
    At least our good boy got some recognition

It's ridiculous how they practically put the inhuman on a black list even with Black Bolt back on the Illuminati. I guess they still want to stay clear of them for Ms. Marvel's departure.

Steve still out here barehanded trying to dig up the Inhumans. Next time he does a QA someone should ask if that project he teased a months ago is going to happen.
    https://twitter.com/thesteveorlando/...46592342204417
    Last edited by mung; 07-12-2023 at 06:03 PM.

Astonishing Member

Steve still out here barehanded trying to dig up the Inhumans. Next time he does a QA someone should ask if that project he teased a months ago is going to happen.
    It is short at least we know that going in. I am curious what it will be. I wonder if this is the Inhumans thing he said he was working on.

Like, it could be a panel and that's it.