Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    So the Hellfire Gala one-shot is out. spoilers:
    They confirm Kamala is a rare Inhuman-Mutant hybrid and that her mutant genes had previously been dormant. No other Inhuman show up, but the X-Men do note that it's curious the Terrigen Mist didn't cause her any harm given the previous affect it had on mutants.
    end of spoilers
    She hadn't become a mutant yet, and since Terrigenisis can happen at any age, she became an inhuman first, and they claim it suppressed her X-gene. The X-Men knew it all along and were keeping it from her until she was resurrected because they ignored the Avengers vs. X-Men vs. Eternals event, and claim that only mutants could be resurrected, and therefore were able to resurrect her and had to explain why she was resurrected, revealing to her she was a mutant-inhuman hybrid.

The thing is that this is telling us that there are a lot of inhumans that were hybrids and were supposed to have their X-gene activate, but their inhuman DNA manifesting during global Terrigenisis blocked their X-Gene from activating during puberty.

Technically, there are a lot of inhuman-mutant hybrids, they just need a mentor, which is what Professor X said he was going to be to Kamala, to help them manifest their X-Gene on top of their already manifested inhuman DNA.

They can use this as a story, or as a cheap gimmick to explain this marketing ploy.

For some reason I always thought Devlor was an Inhuman mutant.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    She hadn't become a mutant yet, and since Terrigenisis can happen at any age, she became an inhuman first, and they claim it suppressed her X-gene. The X-Men knew it all along and were keeping it from her until she was resurrected because they ignored the Avengers vs. X-Men vs. Eternals event, and claim that only mutants could be resurrected, and therefore were able to resurrect her and had to explain why she was resurrected, revealing to her she was a mutant-inhuman hybrid.

The thing is that this is telling us that there are a lot of inhumans that were hybrids and were supposed to have their X-gene activate, but their inhuman DNA manifesting during global Terrigenisis blocked their X-Gene from activating during puberty.

Technically, there are a lot of inhuman-mutant hybrids, they just need a mentor, which is what Professor X said he was going to be to Kamala, to help them manifest their X-Gene on top of their already manifested inhuman DNA.

They can use this as a story, or as a cheap gimmick to explain this marketing ploy.
    Although I've never elaborated much on it, my overall stance has been that Inhuman DNA, like Eternals (their children as 'demi gods') and Deviant DNA have been on the planet for thousands and thousands of years.

I've always believed that such hybrids happen, because there was Malestrom

and now we know there is some connection between Deviant DNA and the x-gene.

So none of this totally bad, it just needs serious storylines from it.

and yes, I now think Devlor was that too.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Although I've never elaborated much on it, my overall stance has been that Inhuman DNA, like Eternals (their children as 'demi gods') and Deviant DNA have been on the planet for thousands and thousands of years.

I've always believed that such hybrids happen, because there was Malestrom

and now we know there is some connection between Deviant DNA and the x-gene.

So none of this totally bad, it just needs serious storylines from it.

and yes, I now think Devlor was that too.
    Yeah, like proto-humans became inhumans after the Celestials put the same thing that makes mutants mutants. So there could've always been inhumans that developed an X-gene, but now, for the first time, they're telling us that inhumans that were always living on Earth were developing the X-Gene with their inhuman DNA, which was Kamala's case. But that when the Terrigen Bomb went off, those inhuman-mutant hybrids had their inhuman powers awaken, overpowering their X-Gene for it to manifest easily. It means that they have to work to have both powers.

But yeah, there are inhumans, probably more that mixed with humans, that were going to develop both, and the mutants that should've also become inhumans, magically died because they retconned Terrigen to give mutants the measles, instead of having two powers.

The screwed up thing is that we all know they'll never talk about this because writers don't like science or a lot of the science fiction at Marvel. Which is the anti-Kirby.

Last edited by Force de Phenix; 08-04-2023 at 11:00 AM.

Kinda surprising considering almost everything from death of the inhumans has been ignored including that none of the Inhumans living on earth were attacked. The power of a cool look I guess

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Yeah, if they use this as a story, keep her as an Inhuman, and make the fact that she's both meaningful, I won't hate this.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I have been rewatching the Avengers Assemble animated series. After a superhuman-related disaster the government agent Truman Marsh proposes the registration of all Inhumans. They all get chips, to track them at any time... and Black Bolt accepted it? What the hell? Wasn't he the leader of a hidden and isolationist society up until a couple of days ago? How can he be fine with that? Shouldn't he tell Marsh to go to hell?

...but then I remember that Jiaying did exactly that to Robert Gonzales in Afterlife, and it didn't turn out well for the Inhumans either. Guess that in this scenario they were screwed no matter what.

Well, that happened in 2016 and Marvel was still pushing for the Inhumans. SO of course the writers were forcing certin elements to fit their needs, even if were against thecoherence of the characters.

Also.. "Inhuman registration act", the "registration Act" it has been something already used first in Marvel with other characters I am not going to mention here.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Well, that happened in 2016 and Marvel was still pushing for the Inhumans. SO of course the writers were forcing certin elements to fit their needs, even if were against thecoherence of the characters.

Also.. "Inhuman registration act", the "registration Act" it has been something already used first in Marvel with other characters I am not going to mention here.
    Yeah, it was based on the comics/Avengers and Fantastic Four, and the MCU Civil War's Superhuman Registration Act for the Hulk, Spider-Man, Ant-Man, etc. that was happening in the Disney movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    I have been rewatching the Avengers Assemble animated series. After a superhuman-related disaster the government agent Truman Marsh proposes the registration of all Inhumans. They all get chips, to track them at any time... and Black Bolt accepted it? What the hell? Wasn't he the leader of a hidden and isolationist society up until a couple of days ago? How can he be fine with that? Shouldn't he tell Marsh to go to hell?

...but then I remember that Jiaying did exactly that to Robert Gonzales in Afterlife, and it didn't turn out well for the Inhumans either. Guess that in this scenario they were screwed no matter what.
    Lol reminds me that they tried to use the Sokovia Accords in AOS to register inhumans as some kind of Civil War movie synergy, even though in the actual movie they were obviously just for the Avengers specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post

If he literally told Marsh to go to hell, Marsh would be dead. Because, you know. Black Bolt.
    Last edited by ARkadelphia; 08-17-2023 at 04:35 PM.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

They've removed Black Bolt from the Illuminati just in time for their return which is probably because of MCU synergy since they're rumored to bring in Blue Marvel in The Marvels and maybe push Emma as the mutant representation for when she's a main character in the MCU. Kevin Feige is in charge of the comics now, so I'm not surprise they'd eliminate more inhumans from comics, even teams they logically belonged to.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    If he literally told Marsh to go to hell, Marsh eod be dead. Because, you know. Black Bolt.

Nah, Marsh does not fear Black Bolt. Does he have something to say about the chips and their hidden sinister purpose? By all means, let the man talk.

spoilers:
    Because he' actually, you know... ULTRON!
    end of spoilers

Another acknowledgement.