Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Black Bolt was the messiah of inhumans across the Galaxy. So he had a god-like attribute. They met their "makers" in the Royals, which were the ones who made the Kree. But it wasn't religious. For the most part the Terrigen Mists is treated like a god and is sentient.

Maybe this would be interesting: https://inhumansforever.tumblr.com/p...ys-third-issue

And this:
    I'd add randac in there. His name is used much in the same way someone would use god or jesus in when talking. Plus being the father of terrigenisis and the "first Inhuman"

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    What I recall hearing is that Tuk the Caveboy appeared in the very first issue of Captain America. I think that it was mentioned that he was walking to Attilan. This is WAY before the concept of The Inhumans even existed. In other words, Kirby recycled the name “Attilan” when he and Led started working on The Inhumans concept.
    Thanks I remember that now, It seems to be a worthy retcon.

After these apparent millions of years, Inhumans of Earth, no matter where they went to, are so scientific based that any sense of religion is more of a cultural appreciation.
    Like in modern Wicca/Paganism, there are "Humanist Pagans" who don't believe necessarily in any of the Gods, but appreciate the celebrations, the turning of the wheel (Fall Equinox to Hallows, for example).

Inhumans are too scientificly based to be that - other than more remote ones who may have gone more primitive.

just a thought. I'm fascinated how large their culture/race, should actually be.

X-Men fans are just jealous because it took them all these years to be like what the Inhumans always had.

A culture and race of their own, for the most part.
    Last edited by Oberon; 02-12-2023 at 07:59 AM.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    I'd add randac in there. His name is used much in the same way someone would use god or jesus in when talking. Plus being the father of terrigenisis and the "first Inhuman"
    But beyond that, they don't have any kind of mythology? Or they have their beliefs mixed with kree beliefs? Or the adoration of the mists is more pantheist in nature?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

First episode of the Moon Girl cartoon.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    But beyond that, they don't have any kind of mythology? Or they have their beliefs mixed with kree beliefs? Or the adoration of the mists is more pantheist in nature?
    I see them developing their own religion over the years. But after Crystal married Ronan, a few inhumans probably started to worship the High intellegence.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I see them developing their own religion over the years. But after Crystal married Ronan, a few inhumans probably started to worship the High intellegence.
    Do you mean the Kree Supeme Intelligence thingie with the tentacles in the tank?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Do you mean the Kree Supeme Intelligence thingie with the tentacles in the tank?
    yeah but do the kree have a religion? Its possible the Inhumans became secularists/atheists by the time we meet them.

yeah but do the kree have a religion? Its possible the Inhumans became secularists/atheists by the time we meet them.
    I do not know.

I have never seen an Inhuman pray or mention a deity. They usually mention their ancestors, like, "By Randac!"
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I can't remember what book it was in but Noh-varr said the kree are athiest and I think Fantomex was in it too.

Terrigen worship isn't really gotten into much but It largely based around the Idea that Terrigen acts in the interest of the Inhumans as well as making them what they are meant to be.

Last edited by mung; 02-12-2023 at 03:24 PM.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I'm fascinated how large their culture/race, should actually be.

X-Men fans are just jealous because it took them all these years to be like what the Inhumans always had.

A culture and race of their own, for the most part.
    This is why I saw the inhumans as an allegory to foreigners/a ethnicity of people that is passed down, but not necessarily practices, but has communities that do practice it. This was especially the case for the post-Infinity inhumans. And people rejected their "inhumanity" because they were bigoted towards inhumans, and the only way they'd be accepted was by saying "They're not those inhumans. They're the good kind." Some went to Attilan because they found their refuge there.

Mutants were never had this option because their own story was them being born different from human parents and trying to create harmony between humans and mutants. With mutants creating an (ethno)nation, a language, an army, and a society, and isolating themselves from humans, they basically turned into inhumans, but have a God superiority complex over other races. Something the inhumans avoided because they hid, but when they couldn't hide any longer, embraced everyone and tried to make it work.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Terrigen worship isn't really into much but It largely based around the Idea that Terrigen acts in the interest of the Inhumans as well as making them what they are meant to be.
    People ignored the fact that inhumans saw the Terrigen in a sacred sense, and made them into their true selves, as one of the arguments in IvX. The writers didn't do a good job at explaining this, and could've done a side story, or issue, about the meaning of Terrigen. Even when Medusa destroyed it, they could've explained what it meant for what she did, but knew mutant life was more important.

Astonishing Member

It really comes down to which Tribe, and Kingdom. Not counting Earth based Inhumans those that made the Universal had belief in things like Prophecy and Holy Sacrifice. The Kree and Attilan Inhumans were alike in the way of they greatly revered others to the line of worship with the Attilan Inhumans looking to be closer of crossing that line. The Kree had the best of the best join the Supreme Intelligence, while the Attilan Inhumans considered certain bloodlines great.

Astonishing Member

Terrigen worship isn't really gotten into much but It largely based around the Idea that Terrigen acts in the interest of the Inhumans as well as making them what they are meant to be.

It's kind of like what I put before, it looks more like the Force Religions from Star Wars.

Galaxies Wanderer

some people on twitter mentioned and I think it's worth sharing here... Medusa and Black Bolt appeared in the "Stormbreakers 2023 Sketchbook"