Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    Terrigen worship isn't really gotten into much but It largely based around the Idea that Terrigen acts in the interest of the Inhumans as well as making them what they are meant to be.

So that means the Terrigen have soem kind of will? As a living thougt entity?

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    It's kind of like what I put before, it looks more like the Force Religions from Star Wars.
    Except than at diference the Force, the Terrigen mist have a lot more tangible quality. The Force always seemed more akin to Spinoza's pantheism, but the way the previous pages define the Terrigen seems more like some form of animism.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Perhaps. It's been tip toed around a lot. Especially during the cloud era where it inexplicably changed course to head for Inhuman heavy areas. Also it's revenge on Medusa. So far it hasn't been recognized as sentient.

Astonishing Member

Except than at diference the Force, the Terrigen mist have a lot more tangible quality. The Force always seemed more akin to Spinoza's pantheism, but the way the previous pages define the Terrigen seems more like some form of animism.
    What I mean kind of combinds your 2 replies. That it connects Inhumans (of Earth), and that it gives as well reacts but it isn't like an elemental spirit or something. The Force acts in a similar way, where both aren't alive but there is also a sense of life to it.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Yes. It's like it's following inhumans to give them their true forms, helping them and punishing them at the same time. There's also other type of -gens. Terrigen comes from "Terra" (Earth). Other species of inhumans have their own. They haven't gotten into them though.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    What I mean kind of combinds your 2 replies. That it connects Inhumans (of Earth), and that it gives as well reacts but it isn't like an elemental spirit or something. The Force acts in a similar way, where both aren't alive but there is also a sense of life to it.
    Ok. Terrigen and The Force acts in similar ways, I see that. But they are conceptualy different because meanwhile the Force is not something material, but more like an spiritual phenomenon, it can be feel but not measured. There are force sensitive creatures and those can be measured, but not the Force itself; terrigen, on the other hand, it is something material, either in form of gas or crystal, it is something solid than you can see and measure, it is something than reacts chemically with materials of the enviroment. The Terrigen it is a tangible object.
    So that is why the Force is a pantheism vision and the Terrigen is more like animism, as I understand it. I have seen tha the inhumans respect the terrigen as a sacred object. If that sacred object is considering to have certain spiritual qualities, it is an animist belief. Maybe the Terrigen have not spiritual qualities likes the gods explained in the Marvel universe, but still could be somekind of life form then. Specially if has showed being capable of some kind of thinking capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    Perhaps. It's been tip toed around a lot. Especially during the cloud era where it inexplicably changed course to head for Inhuman heavy areas. Also it's revenge on Medusa. So far it hasn't been recognized as sentient.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Yes. It's like it's following inhumans to give them their true forms, helping them and punishing them at the same time. There's also other type of -gens. Terrigen comes from "Terra" (Earth). Other species of inhumans have their own. They haven't gotten into them though.

And this is where the idea of the Terrigen having thinking capacities turn really dark. As you has explained, the Terrigen choose how the mutations of the inhumans are going to happen, in ways unknown to the inhumans themselves and with them unsuspecting such situation, thinking it just as random changes, as if the inhumans are slaves to an unknown force who uses then to it own ends.
    I remember than in the Inhumans series by Pacheco and Ladronn it was explained than the changes were preprogramed for the inhumans to operate as kree infiltrators on aliens populations and that was not something the inhumans liked too much.

Now, if the Terrigen itself is some kind of intelligence changed them at its will, for who knows whatever ends (could be simply to ensure its own survival), that would be something far worse than what the kree wanted to do them. That really could shake the core of the inhuman society on several levels, making them the epithome of "illusion of change" to an invisible master. Have this route ever been explored?

( And I must say than all these ideas had just came from what you explained to me, I just wanted to know if the inhumans have some gods or not.)
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 02-13-2023 at 01:16 PM.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

And this is where the idea of the Terrigen having thinking capacities turn really dark. As you has explained, the Terrigen choose how the mutations of the inhumans are going to happen, in ways unknown to the inhumans themselves and with them unsuspecting such situation, thinking it just as random changes, as if the inhumans are slaves to an unknown force who uses then to it own ends.
    I remember than in the Inhumans series by Pacheco and Ladronn it was explained than the changes were preprogramed for the inhumans to operate as kree infiltrators on aliens populations and that was not something the inhumans liked too much.

Now, if the Terrigen itself is some kind of intelligence changed them at its will, for who knows whatever ends (could be simply to ensure its own survival), that would be something far worse than what the kree wanted to do them. That really could shake the core of the inhuman society on several levels, making them the epithome of "illusion of change" to an invisible master. Have this route ever been explored?

( And I must say than all these ideas had just came from what you explained to me, I just wanted to know if the inhumans have some gods or not.)
    This is a pretty cool concept. Inhumans series by Pacheco and Ladronn was, in my opinion, the best to explain the reason of the inhumans existence.

Terrigen could be treated as a symbiotic relationship in that it makes inhumans god-like, or rather enlightens them, and has become a type of mystical-sentient drug for happiness, and Terrigen keeps living. It supposedly punished Medusa in the Royals book.

They have underestimated the stories they could tell with inhumans. But I think most writers hold back a lot, except Hickman, who gave us global Terrigenisis, inhuman tribes, and the universal inhumans.

I thought they were going the evil terrigen route a little while. Both instances where the cloud changed course(Flints adoptive family and later his biological one) were cases where populace were Inhumans who knew they would not survive terrigenisis.

What exactly is the state of the Inhumans now? Wasn’t it pretty much just Black Bolt, Medusa, Gorgon, Karnak and Crystal left at the end of Death of the Inhumans?
    Has this been addressed anywhere since then, or have they basically been blacklisted since then?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverScarlet View Post
    What exactly is the state of the Inhumans now? Wasn’t it pretty much just Black Bolt, Medusa, Gorgon, Karnak and Crystal left at the end of Death of the Inhumans?
    Has this been addressed anywhere since then, or have they basically been blacklisted since then?
    It's a weird situation where only a few named in Inhumans died and the rest were still back on earth completely untouched but every mention of the situation acts like most of the Inhumans died. Nobody really knows where they are besides somewhere in "deep space" possibly Nova Hala based on the background Slott's F4. They are currently rebuilding according to Black Bolt and Crystal. As for being Black listed who knows. There have been a few cameos, and most notably Black Bolt being in Darkhold, otherwise nothing. We recently learned that Rainbow Rowell wanted to use Medusa in her She-hulk but was told the character was occupied. I can't imagine with what since there has been no hint of her in months.
    Last edited by mung; 02-13-2023 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverScarlet View Post
    As far as the inhumans we know/have seen before, they're all alive except Triton, Maximus, Naja, and Flagman. They really only killed universal inhumans. There was a big campaign against using them in the comics, and when they replaced their movie with The Eternals, the only inhumans used were Moongirl and Ms. Marvel. The Moongirl comic is using inhumans now. So they haven't completely disappeared.

Cates created a whole event to kill off the universal inhumans and tie Lockjaw to Beta Ray Bill so he can use him in the Guardians of the Galaxy without including any inhumans too.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    This is a pretty cool concept.
    They have underestimated the stories they could tell with inhumans. . . . . But I think most writers hold back a lot, except Hickman, who gave us global Terrigenisis, inhuman tribes, and the universal inhumans.
    It's mind-blowing.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Astonishing Member

Really if no body, no death. People outside the fanbase really underestimate how many Inhumans there are. Which fair for those asking, unfair for when it is people using this to slander them, and/or are using them in a book for Marvel.

After the Inhumanity backlash I wouldn’t be surprised if they do just continue to ignore the Nuhumans going forward, even once we do start seeing the Royals again.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    After the Inhumanity backlash I wouldn’t be surprised if they do just continue to ignore the Nuhumans going forward, even once we do start seeing the Royals again.
    They could still be used, but the whole element of them being Nuhuman would be ignored (which is a shame the culture exchange/clash could be cool to view) and just reat everyone as Inhuman on their new planet. I bet any surving Universal Inhumans like the Light Brigade could also be used but just treated as an Attilan Inhuman.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The backlash was just whining about them getting more page time and being involved in Marvel more like the Guardians of the Galaxy during the whining about "they're shoving (diversity/Inhumans/POC characters/women/any other complaint) down our throats" era. And them thinking the X-Men were going to be canceled by Marvel. Since that never happened, it just made them look like idiots.

The X-Men have already coopted the inhumans pre-Inhumanity position and most people actually liked the new inhumans. They were just attacking inhumans as a whole.

Also, the "royals" aren't royal because Cates destroyed their new moon base and every non-Earth inhuman post, and if they go back to Attilan, it's a republic. They'd have to attack Attilan and claim it as a kingdom, or everyone would have to give up their rights to be ruled undemocratically again. The only inhumans left are the new inhumans on Earth.

I'd love to see Reader and Enilux, and see how Attilan is as a republic. The last writers were just hellbent on destroying everything and never wrote something to hint at what would come next for the Boltagon family.