Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Ooof. Civil War 2 was a bad time all around Tony was being an idiot. Carol essentially had her big hate club form after this event involving her arresting people over visions and the Inhumans were being gas mutant killing Inhumans.
    I'm curious how the MCU would tackle CW2 but I imagine them doing some version of Avengers vs Men instead.

Although having Riri deal with an enemy that could see the future would be cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Fair enough, and I still want to see Tomoe the Techno-Golem come back at some point. Speaking of villains, I do like your idea of legacy villains to challenge legacy heroes, setting up an interesting parallel in what could be their shared struggles to define themselves and gain recognition and respect outside the shadows of their predecessors.
    Legacy villians do exist and they are a way to deconstruct legacy. People get angsty about sharing villians but sharing villian groups is fine. So having Kamala fight a rookie ninja of the hand is a cool way to develop a villian for her. It could get tiresome if repeated to often but it's worth exploring.

Riri could have easily prevented most of "Wakanda Forever" from taking place if she just did a tiny thing differently.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Riri could have easily prevented most of "Wakanda Forever" from taking place if she just did a tiny thing differently.

Isn't that the way in general? If just a small thing by one person had been done or had occurred differently . . . so much could have changed, whether for the better or the worse.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

August solicits have leaked, and Riri has her own book again!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I hope they don't pretend that the rings she has are the originals. Even the originals were just circuitry the Mandarin ripped out of a spaceship and modified into weapons. They weren't the One Ring of Sauron, anymore than the circuitry in the Enterprize is the ring of Sauron.

Moreover, the Mandarin has long since replaced those rings, some because they were destroyed in battle, others because they became obsolete and got tossed in the garbage. So they doubly aren't the One Ring, being just the relatively recently invented gadgets of a guy who studied a spaceship.

The Mandarin, aka Tem Borjigin, was a threat because he was the ultimate polymath genius; a master of science, martial arts, and chi-mysticism. His reverse engineered spaceship circuitry gadget rings are just the cherry on top with him, so I'm going to roll my eyes so hard they practically fall out of my head if the story treats them as too big of a deal.

Huh? Bleeding Cool thinks it was solicited by mistake and won't be out in August.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/riri...disney-launch/
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Whenever it's out I'm buying it for sure. Love Riri.

Just in time with her show coming out later.

Also going more in-depth with the ring plotline.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Whenever it's out I'm buying it for sure. Love Riri.
    Same, glad that Riri will be getting some new material even if it is just because of her new tv show.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    August solicits have leaked, and Riri has her own book again!
    A four-issue limited should be good to test the waters, at least. I'm hoping Khem from this year's FCBD Marvel's Voices issue makes an appearance to expand her rogues' gallery.

I’m in for this mini
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Ironheart meets Tem Borjigin fanart.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post

Would be interesting if she met Temujin, the Mandarin's son --- legacy vs. legacy, as it were.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post

Mandarin be packing!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Huh? Bleeding Cool thinks it was solicited by mistake and won't be out in August.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/riri...disney-launch/
    Well, they were right about that considering nothing else has been solicited yet. That book ain't out this side of Christmas, looks like.

However, could Riri be the key to ending Fall of X?

INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #12

GERRY DUGGAN (W) • Ig Guara (A) • Cover by KAEL NGU

AVENGERS 60TH ANNIVERSARY VARIANT COVER BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER

VARIANT COVER BY KEN LASHLEY

• Tony Stark is a genius billionaire playboy philanthropist. His wife is a brilliant, brutal telepath. But neither of them have an answer to the Stark Sentinel problem.

• To solve that, Tony’s going to have to go to the smartest person he knows: IRONHEART!

• But with everything on the line, can Tony still trust her, or have the Rings of the Mandarin changed Riri?

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99