Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm not saying she's badly written although I lost faith in Bendis over at the big two recently. Most of his recent work has good ideas but bad execution. His second volume on Miles is weaker than the the first and his run on Jon Kent was a dud.

So introducing Riri as a replacement was a questionable idea but could've worked better than what we got.

I'm discounting the bigoted attacks because they are too common and not worth talking about.

Don't forget the following-

Bendis was on his way out at that time and he was very very very sick at the time and almost died.

So he might have had other things on his mind then a better way to introduce Riri and close out Miles.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Don't forget the following-

Bendis was on his way out at that time and he was very very very sick at the time and almost died.

So he might have had other things on his mind then a better way to introduce Riri and close out Miles.
    Fair but did fans know or would they care if they knew? Was introducing Riri in CW2 that necesary? They could've bench her like Blade's daughter or left her to Slott to introduce.

I'm not throwing shade or insulting Riri. I'm just saying she could've had a better first impression. Which matters because Marvel comic fans are more resistant to new characters and DC is just as bad.

I have my issues with Kamala but I though G.Willow Wilson did a better job establishing Kamala's setup than Bendis did with Miles or Riri. So it would be interesting to see how a G. Willow Wilson on Riri would shape up.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-21-2023 at 11:12 AM.

Fair but did fans know or would they care if they knew? Was introducing Riri in CW2 that necesary? They could've bench her like Blade's daughter or left her to Slott to introduce.

I'm not throwing shade or insulting Riri. I'm just saying she could've had a better first impression. Which matters because Marvel comic fans are more resistant to new characters and DC is just as bad.

I have my issues with Kamala but I though G.Willow Wilson did a better job establishing Kamala's setup than Bendis did with Miles or Riri. So it would be interesting to see how a G. Willow Wilson on Riri would shape up.
    Ooof. Civil War 2 was a bad time all around Tony was being an idiot. Carol essentially had her big hate club form after this event involving her arresting people over visions and the Inhumans were being gas mutant killing Inhumans.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

John Ridley or the writer behind Sam Wilson's run could be cool too.
    Hmm, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    In the interview I listed...

Eve left a ton of Easter Eggs in the background of the book.

Along with one that legally she couldn't but sort of did. A movie poster for Iron Giant.

She also worked with the artist to make sure black folks actually looked like black people.

The scene with Riri and her mother wearing a wrap in one scene took a LONG time to get right because Eve hunted done images of a woman wearing a wrap for the artist to get right. I think it was the 3rd try that it was finally right.
    Kudos to her on that one.

I'm not saying she's badly written although I lost faith in Bendis over at the big two recently. Most of his recent work has good ideas but bad execution. His second volume on Miles is weaker than the the first and his run on Jon Kent was a dud.

So introducing Riri as a replacement was a questionable idea but could've worked better than what we got.

I'm discounting the bigoted attacks because they are too common and not worth talking about.
    Fair enough on Bendis, though cosigning your last point.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Ooof. Civil War 2 was a bad time all around Tony was being an idiot. Carol essentially had her big hate club form after this event involving her arresting people over visions and the Inhumans were being gas mutant killing Inhumans.
    I think the hate club was there already for certain reasons, but Civil War II granted them a sense of legitimacy or justification that they might not have had otherwise.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I wanna see Riri meet the Dwarves of Svartelheim and Damage from the X-men.

Any teamups for Riri?

I wanna see Riri meet the Dwarves of Svartelheim and Damage from the X-men.

Any teamups for Riri?
    Those would be interesting team-ups. Since her Disney+ series is supposed to emphasize "technology vs. magic," maybe Riri could team up with Magik of the X-Men, Nico Minoru from the Runaways (Strange Academy/Midnight Suns more recently), or even Brother/Doctor Voodoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Those would be interesting team-ups. Since her Disney+ series is supposed to emphasize "technology vs. magic," maybe Riri could team up with Magik of the X-Men, Nico Minoru from the Runaways (Strange Academy/Midnight Suns more recently), or even Brother/Doctor Voodoo.
    Those are great ideas.

Those are great ideas.
    Thanks. I like yours, too.

Thanks. I like yours, too.
    Nico feels the most fitting for the MCU riri and the one most available for comic Riri. But Strange Academy's Emily Bright could also work.

Emily's turned villain now. I can see her trying to take Mandarin's rings!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Bendis didn't give Riri any villians beyond Animalia. So you gotta use what's available. Plus Strange Academy has a cool cast to bounce off Riri.

Gert, Chase, Victor and the Runaways would be a good pick too.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-23-2023 at 01:58 PM.

Nico feels the most fitting for the MCU riri and the one most available for comic Riri. But Strange Academy's Emily Bright could also work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Bendis didn't give Riri any villians beyond Animalia. So you gotta use what's available. Plus Strange Academy has a cool cast to bounce off Riri.

Gert, Chase, Victor and the Runaways would be a good pick too.
    Which is quite the shame, and also gives me the impression he tried somewhat harder in establishing Miles Morales as the "All-New Ultimate Spider-Man" than he did with Riri's initial run as Ironheart.

Which is quite the shame, and also gives me the impression he tried somewhat harder in establishing Miles Morales as the "All-New Ultimate Spider-Man" than he did with Riri's initial run as Ironheart.
    Most modern writers tend to use decompression in their storytelling so it's not unique to Bendis. I love Jace over at DC but he's got 2 villians unique to him.

A pair like Lanzing and Kelly or Jed McKay would be great. They tend to create new villians in droves.

I remember Blizzard being a kid genuis in Agents of Shield so you could do something like that for Riri.

Alot of Miles's villians are revamps of existing Spider-Man rogues. You could do the same with Tony's.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-24-2023 at 10:48 AM.

introduce lots of tech based villains for Riri. some can be American, some can be from foreign countries.

Mandarin's Rings can power up a new set of armor for her.

Most modern writers tend to use decompression in their storytelling so it's not unique to Bendis. I love Jace over at DC but he's got 2 villians unique to him.

A pair like Lanzing and Kelly or Jed McKay would be great. They tend to create new villians in droves.

I remember Blizzard being a kid genuis in Agents of Shield so you could do something like that for Riri.

Alot of Miles's villians are revamps of existing Spider-Man rogues. You could do the same with Tony's.
    Fair enough, and I still want to see Tomoe the Techno-Golem come back at some point. Speaking of villains, I do like your idea of legacy villains to challenge legacy heroes, setting up an interesting parallel in what could be their shared struggles to define themselves and gain recognition and respect outside the shadows of their predecessors.