Page 17 of 68 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    How would everyone feel if this turns out not to be Kamala that due to her powers another her from another universe came here and she has just been busy.
    That’s even worse.

hmm... illusion from magic?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    1. Quicksilver was never made an inhuman. He was retconned as being human. You should correct this.
    2. You're giving Marvel too much credit for actually caring. They only really made Ms. Marvel as part of the new inhumans status quo, and they need her to be a mutant now for the movies status quo. If it weren't for Marvel needing new inhumans, she wouldn't even exist. She was made on order, just like her death.

This isn't the first fiasco Marvel has done with an inhuman.
    1. At the time, he was an Inhuman though, right? The point is converting someone from Inhuman to mutant or vice versa does not involve killing as mandatory. Still, I'll fix that. Thanks for the heads up.

2. Obviously. But I'm not sure how that contradicts my point that it was a terrible decision and that Spidey Editorial is out of touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Stop it. You are just giving them what they want. They thrive on attention.
    In this case, it's appropriate to make some noise. Plus it's an article more about Editorial and how out of touch they are.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 05-25-2023 at 02:37 PM.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    1. At the time, he was an Inhuman though, right?
    No. He went from mutant to human. There was a telephone game and rumors that led people to believe it, but it actually never happened. The change was to synergize the Maximoff's with their MCU counterparts - human science experiments - like they're doing to Ms. Marvel.

Both bad ideas.

Astonishing Member

Are you all going be boycotting the upcoming issue(s)?

that would imply I had any desire to buy modern comics.

Spectacular Member

I'll read the next two issues but I'll probably be dropping it after. The only reason I was still reading ASM was because Kamala was in it so I have no reason to continue afterwards.

This was always a cool look for Kamala.

Also, do you think she's gonna ditch the mask after her resurrection like in the movie? I'm assuming when she dies, people are gonna know her identity and she's gonna see it as unnecessary. And it would synergize with her mutant status.

I feel like masks are more a part of inhuman culture.

Last edited by Force de Phenix; 05-26-2023 at 10:09 AM.

I feel like masks are more a part of inhuman culture.

Not really. Most of them dont wear mask and its not used consistently to the point where it can be said its a part of their culture. Its more an aesthetics choice

Kamala wears a mask because Carol did when she was Ms. Marvel. The domino mask has never been good at hiding her identity though. Her friends and her mother worked out who she was long before she admitted it to them. And yeah, if her death results in her secret identity being broadcast on the news (Kamala's actually famous in her civilian guise due to being the face of Kamala's Law in Outlawed, so her death SHOULD actually be on the news regardless of whether she gets outed or not), the mask will be redundant, and will probably go when she updates her costume.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-26-2023 at 03:26 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Not really. Most of them dont wear mask and its not used consistently to the point where it can be said its a part of their culture. Its more an aesthetics choice

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Kamala wears a mask because Carol did when she was Ms. Marvel. The domino mask has never been good at hiding her identity though. Her friends and her mother worked out who she was long before she admitted it to them. And yeah, if her death results in her secret identity being broadcast on the news (Kamala's actually famous in her civilian guise due to being the face of Kamala's Law in Outlawed, so her death SHOULD actually be on the news regardless of whether she gets outed or not), the mask will be redundant, and will probably go when she updates her costume.
    Yeah. It's already going to be removed for the movie and merchandise. She's going to get more exposure out of the mask, so people might see it as her look. They're basically rebooting her as a character.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Kamala_Khan-Attilan_Rising-Marvel_Future_Fight.jpg

Kamala_Khan_(Earth-61610)_from_Inhumans_Attilan_Rising_Vol_1_2_001.jpg

For what it's worth, I thought the Attilan Rising costume would have been great for her to wear once she grew up a bit.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Yeah. It's already going to be removed for the movie and merchandise. She's going to get more exposure out of the mask, so people might see it as her look. They're basically rebooting her as a character.

It's probably just for marketing. I'm sure she'll wear her mask at some point in the movie. Or I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's probably just for marketing. I'm sure she'll wear her mask at some point in the movie. Or I hope.
    And even if she doesn’t, let’s be real, that’s just the MCU being the MCU. Like how they’d constantly have characters who wear a mask or cowl take it off so they could near constantly show the actor’s face.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    And even if she doesn’t, let’s be real, that’s just the MCU being the MCU. Like how they’d constantly have characters who wear a mask or cowl take it off so they could near constantly show the actor’s face.
    Can't wait until we get Kamal with a nano-domino mask .