Page 53 of 68 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Kamala's story from ASM #31, was five pages. Here's the ending.
    it was a cute read
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I dunno, it kind of just reminded me how forced her entire role in this story was .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    it was a cute read
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I dunno, it kind of just reminded me how forced her entire role in this story was .
    Yeah, and did Wells have to slip in that jokey reference to "The Kid Who Collected Spider-Man" before Spidey unmasked to Kamala?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

So how long before Sentinals kill this poor girl again?

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    So how long before Sentinals kill this poor girl again?
    hmmm i give it 10 issues.

that or they pull a plot device where she only flags as "Mutant" when using her Mutant powers.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post

that or they pull a plot device where she only flags as "Mutant" when using her Mutant powers.
    I’ll take the over in that
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

This seems quite likely actually. Cerebro actually managed to track her, but it took a long time, and apparently that was due to her Inhuman gene suppressing it - which is also why her mutant power hasn't manifested yet. I can see Sentinels having the same problem - they ignore her because they detect her as Inhuman instead of mutant. I wouldn't be surprised if her powers end up being mutually exclusive, i.e. she can't create construct stepping stones and embiggen at the same time - much like how her shapeshifting prevents her using her healing factor. Because the mutant power would gave the same effect on the Inhuman one, it'd suppress it.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-11-2023 at 02:44 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Kamala's story from ASM #31, was five pages. Here's the ending.
    They're really pushing this marketing on her.

She had to repeatedly tell the consumer "remember, I'm the X-Men now."
    Tom Holland Spider-Man: The X-Men, remember.

You know, there's one major sour note here - it seems that she hasn't contacted the Champions yet, and they don't know she's back. I can imagine Peter talking to Miles about it, and Miles would be pissed off because of it because he hadn't even heard about the resurrection. It would suck for them to find out because they see her wearing her new X uniform on the TV news.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

You know, there's one major sour note here - it seems that she hasn't contacted the Champions yet, and they don't know she's back. I can imagine Peter talking to Miles about it, and Miles would be pissed off because of it because he hadn't even heard about the resurrection. It would suck for them to find out because they see her wearing her new X uniform on the TV news.
    I think thats already been addressed. In X-men 25, Emma said that she took care of it and that no one would have any recollection of her death. We saw her work on Kamala's family but it seemed more like a blanket statement to cover everyone else given the context to how she was recounting what she did

BANNED

I still don't think the new mini series is going to sell all that well.

This seems quite likely actually. Cerebro actually managed to track her, but it took a long time, and apparently that was due to her Inhuman gene suppressing it - which is also why her mutant power hasn't manifested yet. I can see Sentinels having the same problem - they ignore her because they detect her as Inhuman instead of mutant. I wouldn't be surprised if her powers end up being mutually exclusive, i.e. she can't create construct stepping stones and embiggen at the same time - much like how her shapeshifting prevents her using her healing factor. Because the mutant power would gave the same effect on the Inhuman one, it'd suppress it.
    Yeah, would explain why she can just wander around to be sure. but she's wearing a costume that's Sentinel bait.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I think thats already been addressed. In X-men 25, Emma said that she took care of it and that no one would have any recollection of her death. We saw her work on Kamala's family but it seemed more like a blanket statement to cover everyone else given the context to how she was recounting what she did
    What Emma did was erase people's knowledge of Kamala's death. Not Ms. Marvel's. Anyone who knows her secret identity should still know she died... as Peter proves. So Miles, Sam, and Viv at minimum would still know what happened.

What Emma did was erase people's knowledge of Kamala's death. Not Ms. Marvel's. Anyone who knows her secret identity should still know she died... as Peter proves. So Miles, Sam, and Viv at minimum would still know what happened.
    Oh ok, then maybe it will be touched on in her mini. Its not like she's had alot of appearances post-resurrection where they would have come up

Yeah, would explain why she can just wander around to be sure. but she's wearing a costume that's Sentinel bait.
    Not really. In universe we know that cosplayers exist. Sentinels dont track costumes, but rather the X-gene

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Not really. In universe we know that cosplayers exist. Sentinels dont track costumes, but rather the X-gene
    Yes... but actually no.

Sentinels HAVE scanners to detect X-Gene, but it's not the only thing they can be programmed to attack. Besides they can also be programmed to "detain" people instead of killing them immediately.