Page 38 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    So if Kamala is still a Inhuman with all her Inhuman powers still in tact then what is the point in making her a Mutant on top of that? What's going to change other then putting her on a X-Men team?
    Because she's a mutant in MCU. That's literally it.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Well, I still think there had to be an easier way to do this, but Iman does seem pretty excited, and I don't ultimately hate the idea of Kamala being a mutant.
    She has to. She's getting paid. She should use her spotlight to support her union and the strike though. It would actually be useful and help the cause that's affecting her and her colleagues.

So if Kamala is still a Inhuman with all her Inhuman powers still in tact then what is the point in making her a Mutant on top of that? What's going to change other then putting her on a X-Men team?
    That's why the retcon is stupid. It makes the X-Men look like they've rejected her on their team because of her race and to claim it's not changing her when it's a strong reboot plus death... it's gross even for Marvel.

Spectacular Member

My guess is that she'll get a second set of powers from her x gene on top of her current powers. And if they're smart they might parallel her dual mutant-inhuman identity with her Pakistani-american identity.

What bugs me about the funeral is not the people who attended it (everybody had interacted with her to some degree), but those who didn't. Or rather, the one who didn't. We have her civilian friends and relatives, her superhero friends, her superhero acquaintances and "we met a pair of times" guys, but you know who is missing? Mary Jane, the woman who owns her her life, and the reason she's dead to begin with! Attending the funeral is the least you could do...

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    What bugs me about the funeral is not the people who attended it (everybody had interacted with her to some degree), but those who didn't. Or rather, the one who didn't. We have her civilian friends and relatives, her superhero friends, her superhero acquaintances and "we met a pair of times" guys, but you know who is missing? Mary Jane, the woman who owns her her life, and the reason she's dead to begin with! Attending the funeral is the least you could do...
    There's only so many characters you can put in a 37 page comic before you end up hurting it. If they'd had more characters it would have have reduced the time the current characters had.

Quote Originally Posted by dang0 View Post
    There's only so many characters you can put in a 37 page comic before you end up hurting it. If they'd had more characters it would have have reduced the time the current characters had.
    It doesnt take away by having a splash page to show all the attendees. I dont think he's saying that every character needs to have a moment, like a speaking role and focus like the Champions or Cap got

Of course that not everybody can have a moment. There have to be priorities. And I would say that, under the circumstances I mentioned, Mary Jane would take higher priority than Wolverine, Captain America, or Dr. Strange.

And another absentee: the Inhuman Royal Family, or at least Black Bolt. The man has time to deal with a mundane jailbreak (and fail, now that we are at it... even if he was in a 7 against 1 fight!), but can't be bothered to attend the funeral of the most famous Inhuman living among humans? Add that to the "100 reasons to hate the Inhumans" list.

Aren't the Royals off-world?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They can be wherever the writer wants them to. Kinda like resurrection making someone a mutant or whatever the writer comes up as an excuse. And this is gonna be full of excuses.

Yes, they are supposed to be... but we have seen Black Bolt on Earth less than a month ago. Meaning, either they are back or they have a way to return when needed. Meaning, no "I was off-world" excuses.

Extraordinary Member

Doesn't matter where they are...Lockjaw can get them to the service.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Also, they aren't royalty anymore until we get a retcon, which they're giving out like candy these days. Marvel has a black list against the inhumans because they don't want to confused their adult readers with so many characters.

I don't see what the speculation is about when its clear each writer stuck to what was relevant to THEIR runs with kamala. The majority of Kamala's inhuman interaction happened under Soule and Rosenberg. Most likely anything to do with MJ would be done through Wells. As for Ultimate Invasion, Namor is in jail, New articlan was destroyed and there are way more people than Miles and Maker left over from the Ultimate universe. Clearly Hickman is beyond continuity. Besides I wouldn't be surprised the Inhumans were just not allowed to come. Rowell wanted to use Medusa in She-hulk and her editor denied it.
    Last edited by mung; 07-17-2023 at 07:16 AM.

Yeah, but most are linked to Miles. The other characters from 1610 include Miles's parents, his friends Judge and Ganke, the Aaron Davis version of Prowler, and the two Bombshells, plus Jimmy Hudson (Ultimate Wolverine II).

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Also, they aren't royalty anymore until we get a retcon, which they're giving out like candy these days. Marvel has a black list against the inhumans because they don't want to confused their adult readers with so many characters.
    If I remember right, Medusa abdicated, and left Iso in charge as president of New Attilan. The former royals left Earth in Death of the Inhumans, and apart from Black Bolt's involvement with Ultimate Invasion, haven't appeared since?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-17-2023 at 07:26 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

1) Yes the Royal Inhumans should have been there, but we don't know maybe they know she is going to be resurrected, and they have members helping the 5 with the Inhuman gene details. I doubt it, might be as in a before post put, editorial not allowing it.

2) Status as Royals, yes end of IvX Medusa abdicated, though people should really look up the definition of that word. However they are on a new world now, and from how it is being prestented is if you are an Inhuman and not living in a human majority populated building, you are not on earth but on this unkown planet. New planet new government and the government seems to have chosen some type of Monarchy.