Page 35 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

I just have no idea how to feel about this. It still comes off so forced.

It's interesting having the star and writer of her show involved, and they don't seem to intend to change her powers or Inhuman nature, but then what even is the point of calling her "The New Mutant?"

The new suit just doesn't hold a candle to her original and only exists for the sake of giving her an X-Suit. It just doesn't feel like Kamala.

Astonishing Member

So Marvel forced a whole M-pox story where the Terrigen Cloud causes M-pox to Mutants. She still seems to have her same powers, good that is an important factor for her IRL creation, but those powers take matter from her alternate selves. So will she be suffering from this every day, or will they be making her a hybrid so she won't suffer this. It is mentioned
    "I want to make it very, very clear that we are not reconning her Inhuman origin. That's a part of Kamala's identity that Marvel editorial and myself would very much like to keep and protect," so this looks to be the case. https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...s-iman-vellani

If I was a betting man I would say that simply means they won't be saying she was ALWAYS a mutant. I would be surprised if she ended up a hybrid or something

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Same designer as her original costume. Funny how both Carol and Kamala have new looks and therefore will no longer be wearing similar costumes to their movie counterparts - I wonder if the movies will change them to match whenever they appear again after The Marvels?

Also, with this calling her The New Mutant, I bet she'll end up on that team when the X line relaunches in January. Which likely means Fallen Friend is the final appearance of the Champions.
    Carol's new costume takes elements from her upcoming movie costume

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    So Marvel forced a whole M-pox story where the Terrigen Cloud causes M-pox to Mutants. She still seems to have her same powers, good that is an important factor for her IRL creation, but those powers take matter from her alternate selves. So will she be suffering from this every day, or will they be making her a hybrid so she won't suffer this. It is mentioned
    "I want to make it very, very clear that we are not reconning her Inhuman origin. That's a part of Kamala's identity that Marvel editorial and myself would very much like to keep and protect," so this looks to be the case. https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...s-iman-vellani
    Fans will finally start to learn the truth about Kamala’s mutant and Inhuman identity in the upcoming X-MEN: HELLFIRE GALA #1 one-shot later this month!
    Lets see what happens

Extraordinary Member

So they’re definitely going to give her the homage cover to “Welcome to the X-Men Ms Marvel…………….. hope you survive the experience.”
    Right???

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I like this outfit a lot, but only as a “Ms. Marvel but make it a mutant training costume”. Which, like, is what it is. But I hope it doesn’t last more than like six months lol. Can’t beat the original!
    Likewise! I do wish the lightning bolt was more prominent...

I hope that for next year she gets a new suit that combines the two looks into something more cohesive

The book's concept is...neat. I guess Vellani's involvement requires that this be a mini--she ain't signing on for 25 issues! But idk, I think an ongoing with a back-up or something would hit harder. Girl dies and gets reborn, and gets 4 issues? Jeez

Two artists have me raising my brow? 2!! For 4 issues?! The heck? I get Gorham, he's a gem. Everyone go read his and Al Ewing's Rocket mini. But Gomez? He leans into action and cheesecake. Not exactly two things most associated with Kamala.

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    It's been a while since I read House of X but I thought the five just puts DNA from Sinister's vault in the gold ball eggs and had tempus speed up the growing process. I didn't think they designed the DNA or anything.
    They reheated Steve Rogers's decrepit bones and had him pop out an egg! It's been known to happen lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That’s because it is. It’s transparently corporate-driven synergy. And we got to this point by slamming her with the full “Women in Refrigerators” treatment. I’m amazed they couldn’t come up with literally any other better idea.

The fact her death was so brief - shorter than even I predicted - is hysterical. It was a total dog and pony show.

Anyway, I agree it’s good they’re keeping her original powers and Inhuman nature too, as weird as it is. It almost makes the ordeal less impactful.

Hope for the best. Let’s hope she doesn’t disappear in the sea of X-Men mutants and never get a chance to shine because even Storm rarely gets a solo except once in a blue moon.

So if Kamala is still a Inhuman with all her Inhuman powers still in tact then what is the point in making her a Mutant on top of that? What's going to change other then putting her on a X-Men team?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    Likewise! I do wish the lightning bolt was more prominent...

I hope that for next year she gets a new suit that combines the two looks into something more cohesive

The book's concept is...neat. I guess Vellani's involvement requires that this be a mini--she ain't signing on for 25 issues! But idk, I think an ongoing with a back-up or something would hit harder. Girl dies and gets reborn, and gets 4 issues? Jeez

Two artists have me raising my brow? 2!! For 4 issues?! The heck? I get Gorham, he's a gem. Everyone go read his and Al Ewing's Rocket mini. But Gomez? He leans into action and cheesecake. Not exactly two things most associated with Kamala.
    The America Chavez comic wasn't too hard on the cheesecake.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

It's interesting having the star and writer of her show involved, and they don't seem to intend to change her powers or Inhuman nature, but then what even is the point of calling her "The New Mutant?"

The new suit just doesn't hold a candle to her original and only exists for the sake of giving her an X-Suit. It just doesn't feel like Kamala.
    Did you feel the same way when she had the Stormranger suit for a year?
    Relax.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Did you feel the same way when she had the Stormranger suit for a year?
    Relax.
    Well, I think most people assumed it would be like a Black Suit situation.

Extraordinary Member

Just say she is an Inhuman hybrid like Luna or Thane, done. Inhuman genes are already kinda a lock that blocks out other super powered genes until Terrigen exposure.
    That being said why she needs a presence in X-books? Hopefully like her inhuman part, it is just some special attention from the powerful folks and be done with it.

Well, I still think there had to be an easier way to do this, but Iman does seem pretty excited, and I don't ultimately hate the idea of Kamala being a mutant.