Page 56 of 68 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I think she’s fine with her Ms. Marvel persona being out as a mutant because she wants to combat the negative PR from Orchis, but is hesitant about coming out as mutant in her personal life.
    I guess it also depends on how she wants to handle re-establishing her secret identity.

Quote Originally Posted by dang0 View Post
    Did Emma erase Ms Marvel's death or just Kamala? I feel like erasing Ms Marvels death was unnecessary.

Anyway I quite enjoyed this issue, the interactions between her and Bruno were well done and it sets up some interesting mysteries. Good 1st issue.
    Both apparently. It's mentioned that Bruno has forgotten she died. Since he knows she's Ms. Marvel, that means it wasn't just Kamala who people forgot died, but Ms. Marvel as well.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Iman at her LCS - they have a whole wall of her comic!
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Just read the full issue.
    spoilers:
    Kamala does tell Bruno about being a mutant. When he sees her new costume, he warns her it's a bad idea to wear an X uniform when there's so much anti-mutant stuff going on. But she doesn't have her old costume, presumably because it was destroyed when she died. Had she worn her old uniform a lot of trouble could've been avoided. The issue ends with Orchis aware that Ms. Marvel is around and is a mutant, though thankfully they haven't figured out her secret identity, and the TV news is reporting that Ms. Marvel has joined the X-Men, so it is indeed public knowledge now that she's a mutant.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Just read the full issue.
    spoilers:
    Kamala does tell Bruno about being a mutant. When he sees her new costume, he warns her it's a bad idea to wear an X uniform when there's so much anti-mutant stuff going on. But she doesn't have her old costume, presumably because it was destroyed when she died. Had she worn her old uniform a lot of trouble could've been avoided. The issue ends with Orchis aware that Ms. Marvel is around and is a mutant, though thankfully they haven't figured out her secret identity, and the TV news is reporting that Ms. Marvel has joined the X-Men, so it is indeed public knowledge now that she's a mutant.
    end of spoilers
    It was kinda dumb of her to change her costume. I didnt think that detail would matter but realistically it should

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Both apparently. It's mentioned that Bruno has forgotten she died. Since he knows she's Ms. Marvel, that means it wasn't just Kamala who people forgot died, but Ms. Marvel as well.

That was confusing bc in the same issue, someone said they thought Ms. Marvel died and others wondered if this was the real deal bc of that
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-30-2023 at 02:14 PM.

I really liked this issue ! Characterization was on-point and art was a delight ! Man, Bruno hugging Kamala, no-questions-asked, was a really nice touch :')

We already know Orchis are monsters, but what they did to that guy.. ugh.. I really hope they all get the Shadowkat treatment.. and soon !

And as others have said, Kamala sure had made an habit of infiltrating and spy into shady and/or evil organizations, huh?

Quick question tho.. didn't Bruno lost one of his hands/arms, and get a prosthetic? or does it look like a regular one now?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It was kinda dumb of her to change her costume. I didnt think that detail would matter but realistically it should

That was confusing bc in the same issue, someone said they thought Ms. Marvel died and others wondered if this was the real deal bc of that
    My guess is that Emma only erased the minds of people who know Kamala died so since he knew of that part the whole thing was erased.

Book was aces. Great read. I’ve never read a solo book of hers but I have read every Champions issue (well not the 1970’s version) and every Avengers issue she was in (I think). This was just a great kick off issue with strong characterization and fantastic launch of her new stays quo.

The only negative, as others have said, I’d that whole costume issue. They need to clear that up asap so it doesn’t linger in people’s minds too long. Simple explanation would be better than a complex one here. We’ll see how it goes.

Bottom line: 9/10 and I’m in for the rest of the mini.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Book was aces. Great read. I’ve never read a solo book of hers but I have read every Champions issue (well not the 1970’s version) and every Avengers issue she was in (I think). This was just a great kick off issue with strong characterization and fantastic launch of her new stays quo.

The only negative, as others have said, I’d that whole costume issue. They need to clear that up asap so it doesn’t linger in people’s minds too long. Simple explanation would be better than a complex one here. We’ll see how it goes.

Bottom line: 9/10 and I’m in for the rest of the mini.
    She was in the first 12 issues of ANAD Avengers (the last three issues were solo focus Civil War II tie-ins for Vision, Wasp and Thor, who all stayed on after the event), plus an FCBD issue, and of course the three issues later that were part of a Champions crossover, which ended Waid's run (the collab book No Surrender immediately followed Worlds Collide).

Look up a TPB called No Normal - it's Kamala's original origin, the first arc of her first book.

Spectacular Member

The book seems to be selling well right now. It's number 2 for comics this week behind Ultimate Invasion and ahead of the Night Terrors finale.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestseller...r_digital-text

And the physical issue is getting a second printing.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/prin...ade-w0rldtr33/

Did I miss something that Bruno is back to completely normal and doesn’t wear his brace?

That's good to hear .
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Did I miss something that Bruno is back to completely normal and doesn’t wear his brace?
    Might be an artist error.

The thing with the costume is that she was meant to use it when Krakoa was a thing. Then the mutant massacre happened. She should have locked the new costume away, and use again the original one, or fight with just a mask.

(and yes, the original costume was probably destroyed when she died and Peter has her mask, but that costume shouts "cheap homemade superhero costume", so she should be able to make a new one)

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

I still think the transition could have been handled better, but the story/issue was great! Too bad this is only a mini.

Unnecessary to change the costume, imo. Keep the original and just add an X or three.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier