Page 28 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That says something about Galactic Heroines. I don't like Kamala's figure though. Her skin looks the same colour as Carol's. It should be slightly darker. I'd have used red instead of white for the base too.
    Yeah re-color the costume and she'd look like Cindy Moon.

Fantastic Member

So did something happen to Ms. Marvel's popularity? I was really enjoying Ms. Marvel a couple of years back and as I remember, the character was well liked. Now, I hear about her death and how she's unpopular?

It's not Kamala who's unpopular. It's what she was doing. It never really made a lot of sense why she was in Amazing Spider-Man until she died using her long disused shapeshifting power to fool a villain who wanted to kill Mary Jane Watson.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Why did other books not use the shape shifting?
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by evolutionaryFan View Post
    So did something happen to Ms. Marvel's popularity? I was really enjoying Ms. Marvel a couple of years back and as I remember, the character was well liked. Now, I hear about her death and how she's unpopular?
    Her show didn't do any favors. They rebooted her character in the comics to synergize with the MCU that'sbuildinga new status quo, and it's not really the same character in her own stories anymore and she's become a gimmick. They're prioritizing the MCU at the detriment of the comic character. Maybe they'll make up for it when she returns. Regardless, her revival is gonna be bad like every other revived comic character.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Because it wasn't one of her marketable powers?

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Because it wasn't one of her marketable powers?
    Basically, but neither will her stretching powers either soon. They could use it for interesting things. Like when Reed Richard's used his power to shape his brain into Professor X's to find someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Because her own book stated that it was incompatible with one of her other powers, a healing factor. In her very first arc, she was shapeshifted in Carol's form, but got shot, and had to revert to her normal self, therefore revealing her powers to Bruno. She couldn't heal while shapeshifted. And every time she did heal it made it harder to shapeshift, so she stopped doing it. ASM ignored that, making her look stupid as she died. She should've known her healing factor was going to fail, especially since she said she was hungry, and she needs a full belly to use her powers at their full potential as she burns off a lot of calories using them. She'd already burned off too much energy with the shapeshifting and had nothing left in the tank for her healing.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-06-2023 at 12:08 AM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mary Jane is a superhero now, and her costume includes something which looks familiar - a single golden bracelet. In honour of Kamala I assume.

Her powers come from her weird braclet but iirc it was silver before so maybe she did change it to match kamala. Would be a nice touch considering how things went down.

:Kamala comes back from being dead for thirteen minutes just to find Mary jane already in her RIP Ms. Marvel memorial T-shirt
    Last edited by mung; 07-06-2023 at 11:53 AM.

Mary Jane is a superhero now, and her costume includes something which looks familiar - a single golden bracelet. In honour of Kamala I assume.
    It stands out a bit too much. But this isn't a cohesive costume.

Peter steals her mask, MJ takes her bracelet…

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    Peter steals her mask, MJ takes her bracelet…
    They are literally scavenging her for parts lmao

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    Her powers come from her weird braclet but iirc it was silver before so maybe she did change it to match kamala. Would be a nice touch considering how things went down.

:Kamala comes back from being dead for thirteen minutes just to find Mary jane already in her RIP Ms. Marvel memorial T-shirt
    Take a closer look. She has silver bracelets on both arms, that's where her powers come from. The golden one next to one of the silver ones is completely new, it's not repainted.

Astonishing Member

Mj: I'm going to steal jewelry froma dead kid