Page 20 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    i know people are upset bu the average fan should do a little research before whining and whining about her death as bc said zeb wells is contributing writing the marvels movies .....shes defintely coming back and maybe it would been better off is she was killed off it the miles morales book as opposed to asm. Im sure marvel would have preferred to do this in a ms marvel series but after her first couple series had really strong sales espically on the digital side the last few ms marvel series sales have a had a very downward trend because of the inhuman stink still on her..trust me . THere even was a supposed memo to writers and editorial to avoid using the word inhuman in any ms marvel book the last few years read every issue very cloesly to see. People need not worry ive heard rumblings besides the rebirth series there are HUGE HUGE plans for ms marvel in 2024
    does a plan exist? probably.

Is it a GOOD plan? Well, based on what I've seen, it's a symptom of the deterioration of the concept of comic books and a sad indication of the quality expected of professional writers in the modern era.

Come to think of it, did Ahmed's run mention her being an Inhuman at all? I don't think it came up in Champions after Waid's run ended either.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I think he was referring to Kamala fans since it's in Ms.Marvel's
    appreciation thread.
    lol. Did y'all like the Dark Web mini? Marvel better do a better job after the resurrection tbh.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Come to think of it, did Ahmed's run mention her being an Inhuman at all? I don't think it came up in Champions after Waid's run ended either.
    Tony or Dr. Strange mentioned that the illness Kamala's father had was caused by his Inhuman genes or something like that.

Astonishing Member

Reread a few issues and from it got: Issue 1 has the Terrigen brought up, issue 5 brings up her Inhuman dna reads as Kree, issue 9 had confirmation of Inhuman DNA from her father and possible also her mother.

There might be more but stopped the reread now at 9.

i know people are upset bu the average fan should do a little research before whining and whining about her death as bc said zeb wells is contributing writing the marvels movies .....shes defintely coming back and maybe it would been better off is she was killed off it the miles morales book as opposed to asm. Im sure marvel would have preferred to do this in a ms marvel series but after her first couple series had really strong sales espically on the digital side the last few ms marvel series sales have a had a very downward trend because of the inhuman stink still on her..trust me . THere even was a supposed memo to writers and editorial to avoid using the word inhuman in any ms marvel book the last few years read every issue very cloesly to see. People need not worry ive heard rumblings besides the rebirth series there are HUGE HUGE plans for ms marvel in 2024
    I mean, I’d say that people have very valid reason to be upset at this regardless of if there is a plan or not. As comic readers, we’re savvy enough to know that obviously she’s not going to stay dead but the whole thing just feels both hollow and disrespectful for such a high profile character. As the count showed, she was barely even in ASM to begin with, having only appeared as a glorified cameo in the year that this run has been going rather than being integrated organically as a cast member so that her presence could be felt and the death feel all the more tragic. Instead, it just feels like the kind of case where a C-lister is thrown into a bigger book and killed off for shock value. And as for the Inhuman stink, that’s definitely never been an issue as she’s proven to be a character that thrives in spite of being Inhuman, functioning separately from all of that 80% of the time and continuing to be a mainstay even after the Inhuman push crumbled.

It's also mentioned several times during the WANTED part. When she was having the weird coma dream about dying many times. Credits her Inhuman genetics for healing so quickly. If anything Ahmed mentions the Inhumans more than the post secret Wars run. Plus every book keeps her origin in the text blurb

Seems odd to blame the Inhumans for her sales. Your suggesting she held on through M-pox and all that nonsense only to take a sales hit AFTER Death the Inhumans

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Despite some weird fans wanting her to stay clear of her inhuman origin and inhuman status, that's her origin, everyone knows it, she co-starred in a video game with her being the main inhuman, her being inhuman was the premise for all of her media appearances, she was indeed mentioned to be inhuman in her recent comic appearances when necessary, and Marvel is going out of their way to kill her in a titled "Death of Ms. Marvel" book for the sole purpose of everyone knowing very well she's inhuman and rebooting her for MCU synergy.

It's just petty, cheap, and disrespectful of Marvel to do what they're doing in such a goofy way. And just like they always do, they're killing a character off to create commotion and later reboot them immediately to use the movie's marketing.

Mind you being an inhuman has never brought Kamala down. Just silly pseudo-fans who hate the inhumans bringing it up as if it were her Achille's heel. Disney making her the first mutant was reductive because the whole premise of her show was about her powers coming from her family's relationship with a secret society and the Kree Nega Bands, but it turns out everything was irrelevant because it's only because she's a human mutant. But Disney's a company killing the character looking to sell books off her death.

She's succeeded in spite of being an Inhuman. It might be for the best that she was though. We all know that if she was a mutant all along she'd have ended up lost in a crowd of X-Men instead of being an Avenger and then getting her own team.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

She's succeeded in spite of being an Inhuman.
    Who cares? Succeeding "in spite of" being inhumans just shows how toxic the community is and how detrimental it is to stories, and how being a creep is effective in bringing down characters for being inclusive, inhuman, or whatever comic fans want to attack in a concerted effort.

No new mutants being created despite being pushed and having 30 books goes to show how misoneist the X-community is. And how poorly the X-Office treats their own characters to an extent.

Ultimate Member

People need not worry ive heard rumblings besides the rebirth series there are HUGE HUGE plans for ms marvel in 2024
    Lets see....

If I had a dollar for every time someone including actual employees claim HUGE HUGE plans for a character-ESPECIALLY a character of Color. I could own the entire NFL with change left over to buy the city of Seattle an NBA team.

We heard this mess with Cyborg when New 52 arrived. How did that work out???

We heard that with Synch in X-Men-we are in June other than be man candy in his girlfriend's bed and a variant gala cover-what has he done?

the inhuman stink still on her..trust me
    REALLY???

I guess it would be better to have the Inhuman stink because Kamala is the most successful Asian descent and Muslim heroine (hero) at both companies. She bypassed X-23 and Cassandra Cain in terms of solo issues and BURIED both of them in trade sales.

In fact no other female of color (depending on how one feels about Catwoman) has done more than HER with that Inhuman stink.

That Inhuman stink has 2 females of color with over 50 solo issues. X-Men can't say that.

Oh and let this mess happen to say Jubliee or Kitty or EMMA in Ironman-I HIGHLY doubt their fans would tolerate anyone telling them to it's not a big deal.

Ultimate Member

She's succeeded in spite of being an Inhuman. It might be for the best that she was though. We all know that if she was a mutant all along she'd have ended up lost in a crowd of X-Men instead of being an Avenger and then getting her own team.
    THIS is the point folks keep missing.

Along with the fact if you had her-WHO gets pushed out of the way for her? Like a Storm being handed back to the Black Panther office.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Its pretty clear, Marvel has killed her off to reboot her to the MCU version. I would love to see the amount of Mumble Jumbo they use to justify the resurrection. And I wouldnt be surprised if it has nothing to do with Carol again and probably some unrelated other characters

It'll be Cyclops, bumping her to the front of the resurrection queue because she's his friend from the Champions. Since Judgement Day (which had them resurrect Steve Rogers), they do do non-mutant resurrections. They just need to acquire a memory backup (and his son Cable is a time traveller, so that's easy enough). As for her being a mutant - could easily be the Five making a mistake, like when Laura ended up with a full adamantium skeleton instead of just metal claws.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-03-2023 at 02:04 AM.