Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Spider-Punk has a story in Marvel Voices Spider-Verse, and his world's Kamala is in it (she debuted in his last mini).
    https://aiptcomics.com/2023/03/02/ma...-preview-2023/
    Oh, yeah, that was fun.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Next week's ASM. Looks like Kamala has busted Norman Osborn's secret identity.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

She still feels really off here...I have to wonder what the impetus for bringing her into this run was.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She still feels really off here...I have to wonder what the impetus for bringing her into this run was.
    Digifiend back in the Spider-Man threads came up with a plausible explanation --- maybe the Avengers asked her to go undercover in Oscorp as an intern so they could determine for sure whether or not Norman's reform was sincere.

??? Shouldn't the Avengers expect this from Gobby by now?

Maybe Wells is angling for a Kamala book like Cantwell did having Patsy in Iron man/

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    Maybe Wells is angling for a Kamala book like Cantwell did having Patsy in Iron man/
    I hope with someone else writing it, though I expect if Kamala gets another book it will be from someone with a similar ethnic background again.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Good point, though I'd wonder why they couldn't just ask Spider-Man . . . then again, with Spider-Man (once more) being on the outs with pretty much everyone in his life at the start of the current run . . .

I hope with someone else writing it, though I expect if Kamala gets another book it will be from someone with a similar ethnic background again.
    Likely, yeah.

In-universe, it was explained in the Dark Web tie-in. She simply needs a job.

out-of-universe, it seems she's popular, but not popular enough to have an ongoing, and neither are the Champions. They had to fit her somewhere, but where? Here. A bad choice if you ask me (she would be better used with Miles Morales or with Captain Marvel), but that's why she' there: because she has to be somewhere, and that's the place they selected.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Yes they ought to have, but they haven't.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    In-universe, it was explained in the Dark Web tie-in. She simply needs a job.

out-of-universe, it seems she's popular, but not popular enough to have an ongoing, and neither are the Champions. They had to fit her somewhere, but where? Here. A bad choice if you ask me (she would be better used with Miles Morales or with Captain Marvel), but that's why she' there: because she has to be somewhere, and that's the place they selected.
    Need money so got a part time job, where in highly advanced lab. You know average part time stuff. Really you wonder what these people are thinking, then remember Paul happened not to many issues ago, and realize no one was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Digifiend back in the Spider-Man threads came up with a plausible explanation --- maybe the Avengers asked her to go undercover in Oscorp as an intern so they could determine for sure whether or not Norman's reform was sincere.
    Yeah, like they sent Victor Mancha to spy on Vision and his happy family. Considering the results... I hope they are wrong.

In any case, the Avengers are kinda busy, fighting a lot of somebodies somewhere for some reason. And there are at least 4 Phoenixes on the battlefield. The Green Goblin killing someone by accident or not is too mundane for them right now.

Bear in mind, not long before Kamala took this Oscorp internship, she'd also taken one at Roxxon in Champions. That was an infiltration mission, where they successfully exposed their involvement in CRADLE and Kamala's Law, leading to the law getting repealed (only for the Champions to apparently disband soon after, as half the team was Outlawed again by the Powers Act in Devil's Reign). The six month timeskip in ASM means Kamala would've graduated from school (she was 16 when she debuted, her brother became a Dad since then so that ages her up a year, Secret Wars adds another eight months, so ASM's six months makes it more than two years since she got her powers, meaning Kamala is now 18) so as you said, she needed a job (she has looked into college, maybe she couldn't afford it). The Avengers could've taken advantage of that. A teenage superhero with a lot of extra free time on her hands, who's already been an Avenger. And since she has a secret identity, she can spy on them in her civilian identity - as she'd already done at Roxxon. Makes more sense than her not knowing what she wanted to do in life and being pushed into it by her Dad (her friends are baffled as to why she took the job, as shown in Dark Web).

Kamala's solo writers have always been Muslims, right?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-17-2023 at 03:48 AM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Yeah, like they sent Victor Mancha to spy on Vision and his happy family. Considering the results... I hope they are wrong.

In any case, the Avengers are kinda busy, fighting a lot of somebodies somewhere for some reason. And there are at least 4 Phoenixes on the battlefield. The Green Goblin killing someone by accident or not is too mundane for them right now.
    Oh, yeah . . . that was not a good time . . . or a good look. And yeah, they're caught up in Multiverse shenanigans with Mephisto vying for total domination of reality itself, though since that's nearing its conclusion soon enough . . .

And has probably already happened in ASM's timeline - I'd expect Avengers to catch up when the creative team changes.