Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    In-universe, it was explained in the Dark Web tie-in. She simply needs a job.

out-of-universe, it seems she's popular, but not popular enough to have an ongoing, and neither are the Champions. They had to fit her somewhere, but where? Here. A bad choice if you ask me (she would be better used with Miles Morales or with Captain Marvel), but that's why she' there: because she has to be somewhere, and that's the place they selected.
    Once upon a time Miles, Kamala and the kid Nova whose name I can't remember had a pecking order and it was...

Ms. Marvel
    Miles
    Nova

Then it became....

Ms. Marvel and Miles
    Nova

Then it became...

Miles
    Ms. Marvel
    Nova

Then it became...

Miles and friends

Hopefully The Marvels is a hit
    Last edited by Anthony W; 03-18-2023 at 10:33 AM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Nova's name is Sam Alexander.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Kamala was in Women of Marvel alongside Photon. But it's not a good showing. spoilers:
    Kamran captured her in New Orleans and tied her up, Monica had to rescue her... and trashed her hotel room in the process.
    end of spoilers
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Kamala was in Women of Marvel alongside Photon. But it's not a good showing. spoilers:
    Kamran captured her in New Orleans and tied her up, Monica had to rescue her... and trashed her hotel room in the process.
    end of spoilers
    They can't all be equal team-ups, unfortunately...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They can't all be equal team-ups, unfortunately...
    Alas, yeah. At least they got along well enough, though.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Next week's ASM. Looks like Kamala has busted Norman Osborn's secret identity.
    When did Kamala turn 35?
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    When did Kamala turn 35?
    I blame JRJR's art.

Agreed. I didn't like it on Bendis's Superman (where you could see the same problem with teens when Young Justice guested) and I don't like it here on ASM either. He's past his best, I'm afraid. Could be worse though, as least it's not Rossmo, the artist on Tim Drake: Robin - the art on that one pretty much killed that book stone dead (he should be doing comedy, not superheroes, IMHO).

Kamala cameo in the preview for the next Amazing Spider-Man issue.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2023/04/14/ma...ider-man-24-2/
    Peter visits New Jersey. Kamala's watching from a rooftop at the docks. I think this might be the issue that explains why she's working for Oscorp. And I wonder if Peter's secret identity was outed to her off panel, maybe by the Avengers after Peter beat up Captain America last issue?

Peter visits New Jersey. Kamala's watching from a rooftop at the docks. I think this might be the issue that explains why she's working for Oscorp. And I wonder if Peter's secret identity was outed to her off panel, maybe by the Avengers after Peter beat up Captain America last issue?
    Hmm, good question. Not sure how that would work, though.

Is Kamala an Avengers narc?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I blame JRJR's art.
    Well yeah. Of course.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is Kamala an Avengers narc?
    An informant? That's what I'm thinking, yeah, she's working for the Avengers. Though she would need to have been told Peter's secret identity for this to work, as otherwise why would she have any reason to spy on Peter Parker?

An informant? That's what I'm thinking, yeah, she's working for the Avengers. Though she would need to have been told Peter's secret identity for this to work, as otherwise why would she have any reason to spy on Peter Parker?
    Yeah, just not feeling it.

Kamala's first full appearance is getting reprinted.

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-solicitations-july-2023/
    ALL-NEW MARVEL NOW! POINT ONE #1 FACSIMILE EDITION
    Written by G. WILLOW WILSON, AL EWING, DAN SLOTT, JAMES ROBINSON, NATHAN EDMONDSON, & NICK SPENCER
    Penciled by ADRIAN ALPHONA, LEE GARBETT, MICHAEL ALLRED, STEVE PUGH, PHIL NOTO & RAGS MORALES
    Cover by SALVADOR LARROCA
    Kamala Khan makes her full debut as Ms. Marvel to help usher in a landmark era for Marvel Comics! See the 21st century’s greatest super-hero sensation in action for the first time, against the menace of the Inventor! And fresh chapters begin for a host of other iconic characters as well: Loki embarks on a mission for Asgard! The Silver Surfer and Dawn experience the cosmic rays of Nautikos! A Kree Pursuer and her Special Forces team prepare to invade the Earth! The Black Widow takes on a deadly assignment in Russia! And can Avengers buddy-duo Cannonball and Sunspot keep the Hulk’s power out of A.I.M.’s hands? It’s one of the all-time great Marvel comic books, boldly re-presented in its original form, ads and all! Reprinting ALL-NEW MARVEL NOW! POINT ONE #1.
    56 PGS./Rated T+ …$7.99