Page 6 of 68 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Escaping from all superheroes, Spider-Man recruits Norman Osbourne for an experiment that would move him to another dimension, so he can save Mary Jane and her new boyfriend. And to avoid unwanted interference from other superheroes, they do it in one of Norman's labs out of NYC, in New Jersey. Because there are no superheroes in New Jersey, right? The experiment worked, but it was a bit unstable and explosive, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Escaping from all superheroes, Spider-Man recruits Norman Osbourne for an experiment that would move him to another dimension, so he can save Mary Jane and her new boyfriend. And to avoid unwanted interference from other superheroes, they do it in one of Norman's labs out of NYC, in New Jersey. Because there are no superheroes in New Jersey, right? The experiment worked, but it was a bit unstable and explosive, so...

So this is why Kamala is involved in this run?

ASM #33 has a variant cover based on Ms. Marvel #1, with Daisy Duck cosplaying Kamala!
    https://aiptcomics.com/2023/04/20/10...-minnie-mouse/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So this is why Kamala is involved in this run?
    Hell if I know, but at least there's context now for Kamala interning at Oscorp to snoop around there and finding the Gold Goblin suit.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    ASM #33 has a variant cover based on Ms. Marvel #1, with Daisy Duck cosplaying Kamala!
    https://aiptcomics.com/2023/04/20/10...-minnie-mouse/
    Oh, and Minnie is Carol, huh...

Isn't Norman's dual identity public knowledge? Isn't it public knowledge as well his new identity as the "Gold Goblin"? Yes, he reacted negatively to Kamala being in that room, but not because of uncovering any secrets, just because she was at a room where she had no clearance to be.

Kamala clearly knows he's a supervillain, yes. Presumably there was nothing she could do as Ms. Marvel to stop his activities in New Jersey, so she takes the job in her civilian identity to watch him. She had recently lost another similar internship at Roxxon (on purpose, she only took that one to expose their involvement in Kamala's Law), so it would've been believable when she asked her dad (who doesn't know she's a superhero) to get her in there.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Now if only she was actually being used well.

Kamala clearly knows he's a supervillain, yes. Presumably there was nothing she could do as Ms. Marvel to stop his activities in New Jersey, so she takes the job in her civilian identity to watch him. She had recently lost another similar internship at Roxxon (on purpose, she only took that one to expose their involvement in Kamala's Law), so it would've been believable when she asked her dad (who doesn't know she's a superhero) to get her in there.
    Doesn't know anymore, it should be said, because both he and her mother knew at the beginning of Saladin Ahmed's Magnificent Ms. Marvel . . . and then by the end of the first arc, their memory of her secret identity was removed, which is still a great shame in my book.

I know. I think Ahmed didn't want her to have the same status quo as Miles, who he was also writing at the time. Miles' parents know he's Spider-Man, so Ahmed decided to have her mother forget, using the problems caused by her father finding out as the catalyst for them both to be mind wiped. Frankly, Mrs Khan acted out of character there, why would she suddenly tell her husband Kamala's secret when she'd kept it secret for over a year (since before Kamala's brother found out he was going to be a Dad)? And she found out on her own the first time (Kamala confessed when she thought the world was ending just before Secret Wars, and her response was "oh beta, I know", she'd already figured it out), so she could easily find out the same way again. Never made sense, honestly.

When I said her Dad doesn't know she's a superhero, I was only stating what the current status quo is.

In any case, Kamala is about to have the daydream of millions come true for her: give her boss a savage beating.

"And this one is for my low wages!"
    "And this one is for removing the free wifi!"
    "And this one is for cleaning the bathrooms only twice a week!"
    "And this one is for not remembering my name!"

I know. I think Ahmed didn't want her to have the same status quo as Miles, who he was also writing at the time. Miles' parents know he's Spider-Man, so Ahmed decided to have her mother forget, using the problems caused by her father finding out as the catalyst for them both to be mind wiped. Frankly, Mrs Khan acted out of character there, why would she suddenly tell her husband Kamala's secret when she'd kept it secret for over a year (since before Kamala's brother found out he was going to be a Dad)? And she found out on her own the first time (Kamala confessed when she thought the world was ending just before Secret Wars, and her response was "oh beta, I know", she'd already figured it out), so she could easily find out the same way again. Never made sense, honestly.

When I said her Dad doesn't know she's a superhero, I was only stating what the current status quo is.
    Fair enough.

In any case, Kamala is about to have the daydream of millions come true for her: give her boss a savage beating.

"And this one is for my low wages!"
    "And this one is for removing the free wifi!"
    "And this one is for cleaning the bathrooms only twice a week!"
    "And this one is for not remembering my name!"
    Ha, good ones.

Maybe. I did think Stormranger had potential as a spiritual successor to Spider-Man's alien costume-turned-evil counterpart. The idea of tying it to Kree technology instead of making it yet another symbiote from Klyntar was at least a somewhat inventive twist. Considering the Nanosuits from the Crysis videogames turned out to be reverse-engineered alien tech that behaved similarly to a symbiote, could be where Ahmed got some of the inspiration for Stormranger's origins.

I think it's too soon to even be giving her a new costume, but that's the MCU for you.