Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Do you reread comics?

Do you reread comics? If so, what are they?

I sometimes re-read comics. but I re-read manga more often than comics. But there are too many, that I can't remember all of them. But the most recent re-reads were Meshinuma., Dark Gathering, WxY (MADOKA Machiko), Sense (Haruki) and Parallel Paradise.

I reread comics a lot. mostly 60's and early 70's Marvel along with Golden Age DC as those are my favorite eras of comics
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!

There are some story arcs that I reread at least once a year.

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

yeah usually i re-read a long running series that has gone on hiatus like saga or fables

but i have reread a few completed ones like the weatherman or east of west

Occasionally but I mostly reread the comics I bought from Comixology.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 05-08-2023 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chongjasmine View Post
    Do you reread comics?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by chongjasmine View Post
    If so, what are they?
    Juxtaposed pictorial and other images in deliberate sequence, intended to convey information and/or to produce an aesthetic response in the viewer. But that's not important right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Yes.

Juxtaposed pictorial and other images in deliberate sequence, intended to convey information and/or to produce an aesthetic response in the viewer. But that's not important right now.
    Dont call him Shirley.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Fantastic Member

I may be 4 YEARS, GOING ON 5, behind in the current monthlies, but I’m into the Society of Serpents Cap epic, and the Byrne FF Omni…I love to reread the Stern Avengers, and am hip deep in Robin/Nightwing Dixon..but to answer, yes I do…my G.I. Joe collection gets played with too by the children in my life..no point in just staring at the boxes or stuff on a shelf, that’s wasted $$$..

Retired

Yes, but not as much as I did when I was a little kid. Back then, I had limited funds, so I couldn't get a lot of comics and I would simply reread the ones I had. Consequently most of the comic books I bought in the 1960s (and even a few in the early 1970s) completely fell apart--leaving me to have to pay later huge sums to get copies of the same comics that I had ruined. I think this is why I have such a good memory of comics from way back then, but have vague memories of more recent comics.

With the pandemic, I started rereading a lot more comics. I have to reread lots and lots of Superman comics for the thread I'm doing. But I'm also rereading the Legion. And lately I've been rereading early Justice League, Adam Strange and Flash. I have Archives and other modern reprints for most of these; however, I don't like to read the modern reprints--they look ugly to me. So I'm mostly looking at my old comics or the vintage reprints (like Giants and Super-Spectacular) or else the scans I have for many of these vintage comics.

Yes.

I very rarely buy new comics these days, so it is mainly rereads from my teenage years, specifically Uncanny X-Men, New Mutants and Legion of Superheroes.

BANNED

The last one was Gantz. I re-read the part I had read back in the day, and then finished it.

I don't buy new comics often so I tend to re-read comics. I love to re-read comics!

I often re-read comics. I tend to forget at least somewhat after awhile, so it's fun to reexperience them.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

I always burn after reading.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!