Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I am starting to get into new comics. I set up a pull list with my local shop after a couple of years. I still read the old stuff because I love my Silver Age. But I am learning the newer stuff is pretty decent as well.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Absolutely. Sometimes they age like fine wine, sometimes they turn to vinegar. But they are mostly fun to reread.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    I always burn after reading.
    As long as you don't burn after peeing.

Mighty Member

Yeah, but I try to space out when I reread stuff. Currently rereading the Bendis Avengers run after I first read it like 15 years ago...
    Marvel Zombies vs Army of the Darkness I used to read all the time.
    Same with Venom/Carnage, I think I reread that on an annual basis when I was younger.

When I get my collection sorted out in a few years, I plan to do the Avengers Dissassembled to Secret War readthrough.

Get out of the sun!
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Spectacular Member

I didn't know I could wait until after. I've been lighting up while reading.

Yes, There are some things I reread regularly (every few years), others just when the mood strikes me, and other stuff I intend to reread but haven't yet. I recently downsized my comics, and got rid of everything I had read already that I had no intention of ever rereading. There's no reason to keep stuff if you are not going to read it again.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Astonishing Member

Of course, a lot of comics weren't worth reading the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    Of course, a lot of comics weren't worth reading the first time.
    Sturgeon's Law. 90% of anything is crap. It's the other 10% that makes it worthwhile. This especially applies to comics, from all eras, but sometimes you have to wade through the piles of drek to find the good stuff. But the joy is in finding it and then revisiting it every so often once it's found.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato