Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    More importantly, will Black Cat make the jump to being an Avenger?
    I wonder how Tony would feel about that lol?
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 05-23-2023 at 01:33 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Exquisite first issue. This reminded me about what the Avengers are all about. Bang on mission statement. I was enthralled with the way Carol got everyone to join. She knew what she needed to say and what everyone needed to hear. When she stated that Tony was haunted by both his past and his future and he wants to know that his impact on the world is a net positive was fascinatingly simple and on point summarization on Tony. So this volume of Avengers is off to a thrilling start and I can't wait for issue 2! AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Anyone else feel the 1-page dedication to Aaron was a bit...awkward?

Might be my bias showing through. Just feels like it should have been included in a, y'know...book he wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Exquisite first issue. This reminded me about what the Avengers are all about. Bang on mission statement. I was enthralled with the way Carol got everyone to join. She knew what she needed to say and what everyone needed to hear. When she stated that Tony was haunted by both his past and his future and he wants to know that his impact on the world is a net positive was fascinatingly simple and on point summarization on Tony. So this volume of Avengers is off to a thrilling start and I can't wait for issue 2! AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!
    The issue really gave me a new appreciation for Carol. Like a great leader she knew just what to say to all of her recruits.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    The issue really gave me a new appreciation for Carol. Like a great leader she knew just what to say to all of her recruits.
    It's a fine line to walk with writing a good Carol.

Some thoughts...

This was the closest we have gotten to Kurt Busiek's Carol Danvers. The character hasn't been This likable since that run.

Black Panther isn't king anymore and we won't be seeing much of Wakanda? Works for me.

I was kind of hoping the team would see some smaller scale threats before jumping right into Kang. I'm kind of desensitized to the gigantic everything is in danger threats after Aaron's run.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    More importantly, will Black Cat make the jump to being an Avenger?
    I doubt it. But she'd probably make a guest appearance.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Some thoughts...

Black Panther isn't king anymore and we won't be seeing much of Wakanda? Works for me.
    Same. Just as I prefer the Inhuman outside of Attilan, I also prefer T'Challa outside of Wakanda. Those are nice places to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there (or read about them all of the time).

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Same. Just as I prefer the Inhuman outside of Attilan, I also prefer T'Challa outside of Wakanda. Those are nice places to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there (or read about them all of the time).
    The tradition of The Avengers being the only place to go if you enjoy Black Panther continues.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

The tradition of The Avengers being the only place to go if you enjoy Black Panther continues.
    Yeah! No argument here...

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Some thoughts...

This was the closest we have gotten to Kurt Busiek's Carol Danvers. The character hasn't been This likable since that run.

I was kind of hoping the team would see some smaller scale threats before jumping right into Kang. I'm kind of desensitized to the gigantic everything is in danger threats after Aaron's run.
    These two points for me. While I have liked Thompson's run on Captain Marvel, this was perfect Carol to me. I haven't been this happy with an Avengers book in a long time, however...I would have preferred if we just took on the Masters of Evil for a few issues or Roxxon or I dont know...anything other than the fate of all multiverses hangs in the balance type villains. I do have enough faith in Mackay's writing to feel he will still make it an awesome story, but it would be nice for some smaller scale stories for a change.

Roxxon got handed two ass kickings by Viv Vision not long ago (with the Champions in issue 9 of their last series and on her own in Love Unlimited) - honestly, that group doesn't need the entire Avengers team to fight them.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

A lot of us have big event fatigue. Honestly, would have loved an Avenges movie where they just took on some super powered crooks -- and didn't have to save the universe (again).

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Roxxon got handed two ass kickings by Viv Vision not long ago (with the Champions in issue 9 of their last series and on her own in Love Unlimited) - honestly, that group doesn't need the entire Avengers team to fight them.
    Especially *this* Avengers team. These guys feel like major heavy hitters in a way a lot of Avengers teams don't. Getting real JLA vibes here, and you need bigger villains than Roxxon for that.

I get the folks who are tired of the big extinction level events. But I think this team really favors that kind of scope. Anything small scale, and I'm gonna be wondering why seven of the most powerful/dangerous people on earth all have to team up for it. Hopefully Uncanny Avengers will have that smaller, more personal scale, for the fans looking for it. And I'm sure we'll have plenty of smaller, more personal moments in this run too.

Really enjoyed the first issue, now that I've finally got to the LCS. Great handle on the characters and their dynamics, good setup, everyone gets a moment to be cool. McKay handles Carol really well and it's great to see T'Challa get the respect he deserves. I haven't followed his solo since Coates, and I'm sick of the deconstruction/abuse of Wakanda, so being able to get T'Challa in his glory here was a real nice change of pace.

I don't think I have any real complaints here at all. Not even any nitpicks worth typing.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I'd still love to see this team chilling out at Avengers Mansion.