Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Excellent issue. And It continues the long tradition that Black Panther is better written in the Avengers series than in his own comic book.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    Excellent issue. And It continues the long tradition that Black Panther is better written in the Avengers series than in his own comic book.
    I know that's right!! It's been a while since T'Challa got through a whole issue without getting his ass kicked. I'm very glad that Mackay is giving us a competent Black Panther.

CBR has an interview with McKay with some early previews for #2

https://www.cbr.com/avengers-1-jed-mackay-interview/

"This is me being reasonable"

"This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    CBR has an interview with McKay with some early previews for #2

https://www.cbr.com/avengers-1-jed-mackay-interview/

I would say that this looks great but that would be an understatement. Also I'm all for a recurring Mackay interview. Today has been a very good day for this old man and I love seeing all of the positive posts for this series.

I loved this issue after reading bits and pieces of the previous run

I do have a question
    Can anyone tell me why Black Panther and Captain America have beef?

Looks like there's a time-skip in issue 2 where Wanda changes to her current suit and Thor loses the beard.
    Quote Originally Posted by PLG1962 View Post
    I loved this issue after reading bits and pieces of the previous run

I do have a question
    Can anyone tell me why Black Panther and Captain America have beef?
    It was in Sam's title. Something to do with White Wolf and Sam being all judgemental about Wakanda not stepping in or something.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Ah this was fun. Great action, great art, and the characters were all on point for the most part. Great first start.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Looks like there's a time-skip in issue 2 where Wanda changes to her current suit and Thor loses the beard.

It was in Sam's title. Something to do with White Wolf and Sam being all judgemental about Wakanda not stepping in or something.
    As I recall Sam is annoyed because he thinks Wakanda should have been able to stop the whole colonization of Africa and prevent the slavery of black people from being a thing

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Ah this was fun. Great action, great art, and the characters were all on point for the most part. Great first start.

As I recall Sam is annoyed because he thinks Wakanda should have been able to stop the whole colonization of Africa and prevent the slavery of black people from being a thing
    I think I read that issue. Was that the one where Shuri puts on her boss pants and kicks all the immigrants out of Wakanda because Sam didn't follow her directions? I'm curious to see how well Sam and T'Challa will get along in the series as it goes on.

And I'm loving the preview showing Thor and Wanda working together with their OPness!

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Absolutely loved this issue. THIS is what the Avengers should feel like and read like. The writing was perfect, the art was superb. My only not even complaint...maybe regret is that there aren't at least a couple more members. Photon, Hellcat, Tigra, Mockingbird, Wasp...Rita DeMara Yellowjacket!! the team needs another female member definitely. It would also be fun to have a newbie character...someone never actually having been an Avenger...Ultragirl, Arana, Gravity, Sungirl?

The absolute best part though...Carol's definition of the Avengers, their mission statement...firefighters! I LOVE IT! They have been the police for too long. They have abused that privilege (mostly against each other). It's time for a rebranding and this is a perfect execution.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    I think I read that issue. Was that the one where Shuri puts on her boss pants and kicks all the immigrants out of Wakanda because Sam didn't follow her directions? I'm curious to see how well Sam and T'Challa will get along in the series as it goes on.

And I'm loving the preview showing Thor and Wanda working together with their OPness!
    Yeah that was the story. Sam went into Wakanda, got into a little scrap with BP told him he and his country should have done more for people, and after dealing with the threat Shuri kicks out all the immigrants out of spite towards him for for solving a problem for them.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Absolutely loved this issue. THIS is what the Avengers should feel like and read like. The writing was perfect, the art was superb. My only not even complaint...maybe regret is that there aren't at least a couple more members. Photon, Hellcat, Tigra, Mockingbird, Wasp...Rita DeMara Yellowjacket!! the team needs another female member definitely. It would also be fun to have a newbie character...someone never actually having been an Avenger...Ultragirl, Arana, Gravity, Sungirl?

The absolute best part though...Carol's definition of the Avengers, their mission statement...firefighters! I LOVE IT! They have been the police for too long. They have abused that privilege (mostly against each other). It's time for a rebranding and this is a perfect execution.
    Well said and I couldn't agree more especially when it comes to the mission statement. I already knew Mackay would hit a homerun with this issue, but when Carol made the firefighter analogy I knew that Mackay truly understands what the Avengers are about.

Yeah that was the story. Sam went into Wakanda, got into a little scrap with BP told him he and his country should have done more for people, and after dealing with the threat Shuri kicks out all the immigrants out of spite towards him for for solving a problem for them.
    Ouch! This makes me really wanna see Sam and T'Challa forced to work in situations even more! When does issue 2 come out already?

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Well said and I couldn't agree more especially when it comes to the mission statement. I already knew Mackay would hit a homerun with this issue, but when Carol made the firefighter analogy I knew that Mackay truly understands what the Avengers are about.
    The firefighter line was really good! This issue really showed how cool of a team the Avengers are! I've already reread this issue so many times today with it's gorgeous art! I plan to follow this through the ongoing run!

The thing about Wakanda is they regard everyone else as cultural barbarians. And the cultural barbarians they fought most frequently for most of their history would have looked like them. When those weird looking pale barbarians from across the ocean started kidnapping the barbarians right next door, they wouldn't have viewed it as a problem. Especially not hundreds of years ago. It would just have been barbarian on barbarian crime. They likely even viewed it as a plus. A good riddance to bad rubbish kind of thing. The white barbarians were taking the black barbarians next door thousands of miles away. From the Wakanda of that era, that would have been a reason to cheer.

Sam seems to expect that hundreds of years ago a deeply culturally jingoistic nation would have acted out of some sense of racial loyalty or justice, which is absurdly unrealistic of him.

Such a perfect start to the new run. I absolutely love the way McKay established everyone’s personalities and their interactions. We’re one issue in and everybody has gotten to shine at least a little bit.
    The art was also a great fit. Very energetic and clean.
    My only complaint is that the book is not weekly. It’s been so long since I enjoyed an Avengers ongoing that I want more already.