Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
Especially *this* Avengers team. These guys feel like major heavy hitters in a way a lot of Avengers teams don't. Getting real JLA vibes here, and you need bigger villains than Roxxon for that.

I get the folks who are tired of the big extinction level events. But I think this team really favors that kind of scope. Anything small scale, and I'm gonna be wondering why seven of the most powerful/dangerous people on earth all have to team up for it. Hopefully Uncanny Avengers will have that smaller, more personal scale, for the fans looking for it. And I'm sure we'll have plenty of smaller, more personal moments in this run too.

Really enjoyed the first issue, now that I've finally got to the LCS. Great handle on the characters and their dynamics, good setup, everyone gets a moment to be cool. McKay handles Carol really well and it's great to see T'Challa get the respect he deserves. I haven't followed his solo since Coates, and I'm sick of the deconstruction/abuse of Wakanda, so being able to get T'Challa in his glory here was a real nice change of pace.

I don't think I have any real complaints here at all. Not even any nitpicks worth typing.
Thank you for saying as it is. It's very annoying to not have characters written to their potential. Nobody wants to read a story about this team getting clowned on by the Punisher or The Hood or whatever other small-time villain you can imagine. That would be borderline offensive and could not be taken seriously. It's great to see that #1 already made it clear that McKay has understood the assignment and actually uses the skills and powers this team has.