Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dioman-san View Post
    Little obvious to have Jed Mckay for Avengers. But it's a excited news.

I hope it will be diffrent from the Aaron Avengers. Because when he say this phrase, i'm not entirely reassured "This is big, loud Avengers stuff - nothing in this story should ever feel small or inconsequential". The Aaron stuff was already big and loud X)

For the line-up, it's not change so much for the precedent, but it interesting to have Sam Wilson AND not Steve Rogers. You think they're a reason ?
    Also, strange to see Vision and Scarlet Witch in a team together.
    It may have to do with the Cold War event happening in the Cap books?

It's going to be pretty interesting seeing Carol lead the team. May can't get here fast enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dioman-san View Post
    For the line-up, it's not change so much for the precedent, but it interesting to have Sam Wilson AND not Steve Rogers. You think they're a reason ?
    Also, strange to see Vision and Scarlet Witch in a team together.
    Steve is likely going to be in the Uncanny Avengers relaunch that's been teased recently. Also probably synergy since Sam will be the Cap in the next Avengers movie.

It's kind of hilarious that T'Challa's right back on the Avengers. I'm very grateful, mind you.

If there's anything I'll give the Aaron run, it's that it's given a lot of toys for other writers to use a whole lot better.

What a disappointment. The only one I wanted to see again form the previous team was Robbie and of course, he is removed.
    Good for MacKay to be on a major title, he deserves it. But there is not a single character I care about in that line up.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

I'm feeling very hopeful, especially with the return of two longstanding Avengers on the main team.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Well **** this is great news, MacKay has been kicking all sorts of ass recently

I like the lin-up, cool that Wanda and Vision are there, and hey finally a good writing is handling BP again

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I'm feeling very hopeful, especially with the return of two longstanding Avengers on the main team.
    Vision and Wanda rejoining the team is a huge plus for me as well. The only thing disappointing for me regarding the lineup is that I was really hoping Black Knight would be on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    And from the ruin of Aaron's mess, seems that the light returns!! The creative team is good and it's nice to see Wanda and Vision back in the Avengers.

Think I'll start reading Avengers again since Aaron's reing of terror started.
    Aaron's reign of terror is over. Mckay's reign of terror is about to begin

Scarlet Witch is on the main team for the first time since 2004! This title is her home. She is coming home again.

No Janet, even though her solo just revealed a new Avengers Lounge team headquarters. I wonder then, are we getting three Avengers books? The main one, Uncanny (which I think is Duggan again), and Al Ewing (Wasp's writer) back with a third team like in the Hickman and Waid eras?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I liked his work on Strange and Moon Knight so I'm excited. I might have to trade wait it like I'm doing with the others.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I'm very happy for McKay, and happy for readers. He's been great on Strange.

That said, like others, I'm not that thrilled with the line up. All these characters have books, except Vision. And Vision and Scarlet Witch are the only ones that I've interest in.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Hmmm...

Isn't that the same list of descriptors as the Twilight Court in Timeless? That suggests a 1:1 correspondence with the depicted team above.

Let's see…

The Star Lancelot Captain Marvel
    The Icon Parsifal Captain America
    The Witch Mordred Scarlet Witch
    The Construct Bercilak Vision
    The God Galehaut Thor
    The Engineer Bedivere Iron Man
    The King Artur T'Challa

Interesting. I figured Timeless would actually play out in some book. I wonder if anyone has told him that T'challa isn't King anymore? Will have to think about alternates.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Hmmm...
    Isn't that the same list of descriptors as the Twilight Court in Timeless? That suggests a 1:1 correspondence with the depicted team above.
    The Twilight Court were obviously Avengers analogues. Mackay wouldn't even be the first guy to try and draw parallels between various knights of the round table to various superheroes.

Yeah, I'm pretty much just going to parrot what almost everyone is saying. Love McKay as a writer (Moon Knight and Strange are currently two favorites) and think he's great for the book, but the line-up seems pretty run-of-the-mill, with no characters who joined the team since the late 70s. Love Wanda being back but wish we could have a mix of classic Avengers, some of the later B- or C-level recruits, and one or two wildcards who don't seem to make sense at first.

That said, if there does wind up being more than two (counting Uncanny) Avengers titles, then maybe those needs can be fulfilled there.