Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Glad to see the announcement of the next Avengers run though I’m a little underwhelmed by the fact that 4 out of 7 of the members are the same as the previous team especially given the size of the character pool that there is to draw from when it comes to heroes that are Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I'm very happy for McKay, and happy for readers. He's been great on Strange.

That said, like others, I'm not that thrilled with the line up. All these characters have books, except Vision. And Vision and Scarlet Witch are the only ones that I've interest in.

Interesting. I figured Timeless would actually play out in some book. I wonder if anyone has told him that T'challa isn't King anymore? Will have to think about alternates.
    I'm just taking the King label as the archtype role that he fulfills.

Well looks like Avengers is back on the menu.

Now I have seen a few in here criticize the roster for not containing lesser know characters but the way I see that is exactly the point. They have spent years on Aarons experiments and the results have been middling to say it diplomatically. Now is the time to get the brand back into shape, especially for its 60th anniversary and this is the way to do it with its all-star lineup.

There was already an Uncanny Avengers team teased and maybe a few others are in the pipeline too. Those seem like more fitting places to experiment with the lineup at the current point in time.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Is Falcon going by Captain America now? If so, why is he back to that and where is Steve?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Is Falcon going by Captain America now? If so, why is he back to that and where is Steve?
    They are both Captain America now...have been for about a year. As far as why...probably just MCU synergy.

I wish they would get away from characters who have their own books. Swap BP, Sam, Carol and Thor with Wasp (Jan), Blue Marvel, Justice and Ultragirl
    Last edited by Chris0013; 01-20-2023 at 05:20 PM.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Both are active as Captain America with each having a ongoing currently.

I'm pretty pleased with this.

McKay is probably one of my favorite writers at Marvel now and I think he has the chops to write a good Avengers run and bring back anyone who left because of Aaron.

I'm curious if there's a specific reason Carol is in charge this time. I would've thought Sam would be in charge to promote him more as a Cap.

On the one hand, yeah, almost all these characters already have solo books and most were on the last team...but I feel like there's a lot of potential team chemistry here that I think McKay can pull off. Especially compared to Aaron.

It's nice to finally have Vision in a book again and Wanda to finally be on an Avengers team again. I'm curious if any relationship drama will brew between them now that they're back on a team together.

Anyone missing Steve will have to check out Uncanny Avengers, I guess?
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No Janet, even though her solo just revealed a new Avengers Lounge team headquarters. I wonder then, are we getting three Avengers books? The main one, Uncanny (which I think is Duggan again), and Al Ewing (Wasp's writer) back with a third team like in the Hickman and Waid eras?
    Yeah, I think Jan could liven this roster up a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Now I have seen a few in here criticize the roster for not containing lesser know characters but the way I see that is exactly the point. They have spent years on Aarons experiments and the results have been middling to say it diplomatically. Now is the time to get the brand back into shape, especially for its 60th anniversary and this is the way to do it with its all-star lineup.
    I certainly get the criticism with Aaron...I was a defender of his run longer than most, but I never felt Blade was a real, true fit for the team and the additions of the child Starbrand and the Mephisto-created Nighthawk just feel like obvious sacrificial lambs so that his final storyline has some "weight" when they get killed or whatever. But I think it can be done well...hell, even sticking with Aaron, the line-up of his Agents of Wakanda was infinitely more interesting than most of his recruits to the main team. You take a character from that team like, say, American Eagle and add him to the McKay line-up, it creates a dynamic nobody has seen before among a group of characters we've collectively read about for decades and can give the book a shot in the arm as far as character interplay goes, without sacrificing getting the brand back in shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    They are both Captain America now...have been for about a year. As far as why...probably just MCU synergy.

I wish they would get away from characters who have their own books. Swap BP, Sam, Carol and Thor with Wasp (Jan), Blue Marvel, Justice and Ultragirl
    Im assuming he didnt just start wearing this look again out of the blue. Was there an in story reason for this?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Well looks like Avengers is back on the menu.

There was already an Uncanny Avengers team teased and maybe a few others are in the pipeline too. Those seem like more fitting places to experiment with the lineup at the current point in time.
    For me it is more about characters who don't really have a home as opposed to just about everyone on the announced team has a solo book. I think Vision is the only one who does not.

Wasp is a founder and that should give her a certain importance, Blue Marvel has been around a while and has been on an associate team or two, Justice has a long history and has been an Avenger...but has not been seen in more that a cameo for a while, and Ultragirl is the 'newbie' who doesn't have a long history but plenty of potential for a writer who wants to do some serious development on a character without rehashing or retconning people who have been around a while.

Im assuming he didnt just start wearing this look again out of the blue. Was there an in story reason for this?
    That was pretty much it. They had an issue 0 where Steve and Sam both in Cap suits stopped an attack by Zola and just agreed to both be Captain America.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 01-20-2023 at 07:09 PM.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Extraordinary Member

deleted....

No in story reason was given. I guess with synergy they feel they don't have to bother with details.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Pretty interesting. I’m glad Wanda and Vision are back onboard. By the by, how about putting Viz back in his original costume, that’s my only criticism.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post

That might not be T'Challa in that suit.

Eve Ewing just did an interview and hinted about that.

Astonishing Member

About time Wanda was back on the Avengers.