Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    Viv Vision or Sam Alexander Nova

Hey, if Rich is not about that life, someone has to be!

Attachment 132453
    Sam was...along with Mile and Kamala...before they broke off and formed the Champions.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The teleporter kid from the Champions? Interesting choice. Zub never really fleshed him out, so he's kind of a blank slate. His power is definitely useful too.
    That’s the one!
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    Viv Vision or Sam Alexander Nova

Hey, if Rich is not about that life, someone has to be!

Attachment 132453
    Sam's already been an Avenger. Viv might work on a secondary team, but her father is on the main one currently so I wouldn't expect her to join that roster.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by PLG1962 View Post
    Question What “newish” Character would you like to see join The Avengers?
    Not exactly "newish", but though he has been an ally to the Avengers and many of it's members in the past, I don't think he ever made the membership: Firelord.
    Not a fan of kids in the Avengers, so many of the new suggestions, and many characters that I even like, don't work for me. My second choice would be Son of Satan. And American Eagle would be my third, maybe replacing Sam, considering the forthcomming changes in the Captain America books.

Peace

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Not exactly "newish", but though he has been an ally to the Avengers and many of it's members in the past, I don't think he ever made the membership: Firelord.
    Not a fan of kids in the Avengers, so many of the new suggestions, and many characters that I even like, don't work for me. My second choice would be Son of Satan. And American Eagle would be my third, maybe replacing Sam, considering the forthcomming changes in the Captain America books.

Peace
    They used to NOT allow minors to join. That was the issue with Rage. They let him in then found out he was a minor and removed him from the team.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Yeah, he ended up joining the New Warriors instead. Ironically, a few years later they recruited two of the other New Warriors, Justice and Firestar. The charter was totally ripped up by the time of Bendis's run (his team didn't had any kids, but the Mighty Avengers team from the same era did use Vision and Stature from the Young Avengers, and Amadeus Cho), and Hickman, Waid, and Aaron all had teenagers on the team. Hickman had Nightmask and Starbrand, Waid had Ms. Marvel, Nova and Spider-Man on his first roster and the Unstoppable Wasp on his second, and Aaron had Ghost Rider and another Starbrand. Al Ewing's secondary teams had teens on too (White Tiger, Power Man, Squirrel Girl, Wiccan, Hulkling).
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

And despite being one of the first Young Avengers to join a adult Avengers team, Stature still ultimately was less successful then Kate, Wiccan, and Hulkling in the long run. It's almost lost to time that she was on Mighty Avengers, such a underrated run. I think Hank Pym made for a fascinating Wasp. I also forgot Cho was part of that run too, long before he was the Totally Awesome Hulk and then Braun.

As far as new/young heroes on the Avengers lineup for me it depends on the situation. The Avengers have been hypocrites on who they recruit for one reason or another and contradict memberships. Be it age or because they kill (Wolverine). One thing I do like about having a young hero on a team of veterans is their perspective is different from the adults and experienced veterans so we get good learning moments from them. This is something liked with Justice and Firestar in the Avengers, and Stature in Mighty Avengers, though I feel Jonas was too much like classic Viz when in a adult Avengers team. So honestly I could go either way so long as they have a good spot on the team and get good growth.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Stature was less successful because they killed her off before the YA got their big break in Gillen's YA.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Stature was less successful because they killed her off before the YA got their big break in Gillen's YA.
    And Eli had...issues.

I'm surprised Kate never was on a big Avengers team. She's led her own squads but to my knowledge never was on the big league team alongside a Captain America, Iron Man, or Thor type. Her West Coast Avengers team seemed more like a West Coast YA. I would have thought during the time of All New All Different she would have. Granted she wouldn't be a rookie hero.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post

Peace
    Hellstrom and American Eagle are definitely at the top of the list for me. When Bendis depowered Dr. Strange to join his team for reasons that remain mysterious (since he barely used him), I wondered why he didn't pick one of the many less Sorcerer Supreme-y magical heroes who would have better fit what power level he wanted Strange at for his run, like Hellstrom (or Voodoo).

And I've grown fond of American Eagle after seeing him dismantle Bullseye.

Mm, what a team one could make with C-tier Avengers (and allies) like Hellstrom, American Eagle, Living Lightning, Mockingbird, Songbird, Iron Patriot (Toni Ho) and Stingray.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Sam was...along with Mile and Kamala...before they broke off and formed the Champions.
    And I bought every issue!

punisher-the-punisher.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by PLG1962 View Post
    Question What “newish” Character would you like to see join The Avengers?
    Definitely, my choice would be John Proudstar: Thunderbird

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    I'm surprised Kate never was on a big Avengers team. She's led her own squads but to my knowledge never was on the big league team alongside a Captain America, Iron Man, or Thor type. Her West Coast Avengers team seemed more like a West Coast YA. I would have thought during the time of All New All Different she would have. Granted she wouldn't be a rookie hero.
    Yeah, the other Hawkeye was the only veteran member on that team, otherwise it was basically Young Avengers vol 3. It's not the writer's fault though. Kelly Thompson wanted a couple more older heroes on there - Tigra and She-Hulk - but got vetoed by editorial, who suggested Gwenpool (whose solo had recently finished) and Kid Omega (who wasn't being used in the X books at the time) instead, who are both teens. Jen was spoken for by the main Avengers book that Aaron was just starting, but Tigra did guest in the first arc.

It would be awesome if the Avengers teamed up with The Union.Their mini was well written with great art. Marvel should be pushing them as the face of Europe. union2020001_cov.jpg
    Last edited by Anthony W; 06-10-2023 at 06:25 AM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest