Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    That might not be T'Challa in that suit.

Eve Ewing just did an interview and hinted about that.
    I said elsewhere that I wondered how they were going to resolve t’challa’s conflict with the avengers…

Extraordinary Member

Then who might it be? Let the speculation begin...

But even with that I stand by my preference for some characters who don't have their own solo books.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post

But even with that I stand by my preference for some characters who don't have their own solo books.
    To paraphrase the words of The Rock: "It doesn't matter what you want!" lol

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Is Falcon going by Captain America now? If so, why is he back to that and where is Steve?
    Too many Captain America in the United States of Captain America... Captain America has got a large fan club!
    Even Falcon went back to being Captain America!

Yup... Even in the last issue Bucky was back as Captain America.
    Last edited by ETMike1988; 01-20-2023 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post

Gentle!? Maybe the suit will be modified so he can more safely use his powers!?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I mean it kinda has to be T'Challa because of the tarot symbolism going on here

One of them is the King opposite to Arthur and that only fits T'Challa

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I mean it kinda has to be T'Challa because of the tarot symbolism going on here

One of them is the King opposite to Arthur and that only fits T'Challa
    Yeah plus considering that this launches a month before the new BP relaunch I think it is a safe bet that at least initially it's going to be T'Challa.

I was sorry to see that Jan (And, to a lesser degree, Hawkeye) wasn’t on the team. Between this team and the rumored new Uncanny line-up, seven of the ten oldest Avengers (not counting Hulk) are on teams.
    Now, it would be great if they brought Hank back in their anniversary year, but I’m not holding my breath....he seems to be in permanent comic purgatory.
    But Jim Zub seemed to leave a number of doors slightly ajar at the end of Thunderbolts....what it Clint & Bobbie decided to get the old gang back together....Tigra would be their first call, and since Tony is on the main team, maybe War Machine could take his place?
    If Wonder Man is still playing pacifist, maybe another classic Avenger could take his spot...Hercules!
    Clint would know from his recent Thunderbolts experience that ANY team would only be made better with having Photon on it, so Monica would get the next call.
    Finally, I think both Clint and Bobbie are a combination of softie and traditionalist, and that they would be in agreement that the Wasp needs to be on an Avengers team.
    And there you have it.....West Coast Avengers 2023!
    Hawkeye
    Mockingbird
    Tigra
    War Machine
    Hercules
    Photon
    Wasp
    (Maybe even written by Jim Zub!)

I guess this means Vision is getting a solo
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

I love Jed Mackay so him writing is enough to get me reading The Avengers again. Would have liked some more obscure/ B C Listers but in Jed I trust.

I knew it would be Jed Mackay writing Avengers and I'm psyched for it. I'm also liking the line up. Steve will probably be leading the Uncanny Avengers.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by SilverScarlet View Post
    Hercules!
    Damn! I thought Clint & Herc weren't on speaking terms...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm curious if there's a specific reason Carol is in charge this time. I would've thought Sam would be in charge to promote him more as a Cap.
    Remember what happened last time he was leader? Almost immediately after taking over when Tony went into his coma in Civil War II, half the team deserted him (first Nova and Spider-Man, then Ms. Marvel) as seen in Champions #1, meaning he had to recruit replacements. And later, when he stopped being Cap, he had a crisis of confidence, and Jane Foster did something very rare - she took her helmet off. The art avoided showing her face (we didn't see what she looked like as Thor without the helmet until the issue she died in), but she then put the helmet on Sam's head and literally knocked some sense into him. And then of course, No Surrender happened, which ended with the team splitting up. Nadia was already doing double duty having joined the Champions by that point, and another of the replacement Avengers, the older Spider-Man, had left the team before No Surrender due to Parker Industries going belly up in Secret Empire (which meant the team lost the HQ he'd provided).

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im assuming he didnt just start wearing this look again out of the blue. Was there an in story reason for this?
    In United States of Captain America he and Steve met a lot of other heroes wearing the star spangled colours. Steve pointed out that Captain America isn't just him, so Sam put on his Cap costume by the end of the mini. Then at some point before issue 0 of the current run, he got a new shield made.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-21-2023 at 03:27 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SilverScarlet View Post
    I was sorry to see that Jan (And, to a lesser degree, Hawkeye) wasn’t on the team. Between this team and the rumored new Uncanny line-up, seven of the ten oldest Avengers (not counting Hulk) are on teams.
    Now, it would be great if they brought Hank back in their anniversary year, but I’m not holding my breath....he seems to be in permanent comic purgatory.
    But Jim Zub seemed to leave a number of doors slightly ajar at the end of Thunderbolts....what it Clint & Bobbie decided to get the old gang back together....Tigra would be their first call, and since Tony is on the main team, maybe War Machine could take his place?
    If Wonder Man is still playing pacifist, maybe another classic Avenger could take his spot...Hercules!
    Clint would know from his recent Thunderbolts experience that ANY team would only be made better with having Photon on it, so Monica would get the next call.
    Finally, I think both Clint and Bobbie are a combination of softie and traditionalist, and that they would be in agreement that the Wasp needs to be on an Avengers team.
    And there you have it.....West Coast Avengers 2023!
    Hawkeye
    Mockingbird
    Tigra
    War Machine
    Hercules
    Photon
    Wasp
    (Maybe even written by Jim Zub!)
    War Machine would be a good choice...considering he was a founding member of the WCA as Iron Man.

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    Too many Captain America in the United States of Captain America... Captain America has got a large fan club!
    Even Falcon went back to being Captain America!

Yup... Even in the last issue Bucky was back as Captain America.

I found it lackluster. Steve is on record as not wanting anyone else to use the name Captain America as it make them a target for all his enemies. As well he is also firmly against untrained people being in the field...back in the 80s as "The Captain" he kept telling Priscilla Lyons to stay withe the van because of her lack of training.

I would have preferred a team of of Steve and a bunch of his old partners, friends and the like (Steve, Sam, Bucky, Free Spirit, Diamondback, Other Falcon, Partiot, Justice, D-Man, Vagabond, US Agent, Battlestar, et al...) exploring the concept of patriotism from a bunch of different world views while dealing with a major threat to America.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 01-21-2023 at 04:48 AM.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Extraordinary Member

Deleted...