Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    The one thing I am actually liking about this book is that Fitzmartin is not writing Tim like a Gary Stu. He makes mistakes, he misses some obvious things, and he is shown going to the library to do research, he still like a lot of the family that are shown to know a lot about a topic and are able to put together clues conveniently but not to the point that he comes off like a 'know it all' super genius like he has been written a lot since the new 52.

Outside of the over-indulgent self-pity narration from Fitzmartin, I think Fitzmartin and Zdarsky's Tim is similar.
    If anything, I'd argue he's portrayed slightly too prone to obvious errors. He kept needing prompts in issue 4 to realise what the clues meant. It was understandable with the missing books, but it kind of reeks when he had trouble realising that one of the clues was a cypher. I don't know, maybe it was the fact they kept using that as a plot device in immediate scenes.

I absolutely agree that the narration feels melodramatic tho.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Are there no other LGBT+ comics?

*sees Taylor's take on Jon Kent*

Well, crap. How about Marvel? Or one of the smaller companies?

Anyway, this art would be at home on someone like Lobo (weird/bad art is practically a must for his solos). But for Tim? And then Fitzmartin going full fanfiction gary stu? I pity Tim as a character now.
    Yes they nominated 10h.

I Hate This Place Kyle Starks Image Comics
    Immortal X-Men Kieron Gillen Marvel Comics
    New Mutants Vita Ayala, Danny Lore, Charlie Jane Anders
    The Nice House on the Lake James Tynion IV DC Comics
    Poison Ivy G. Willow Wilson DC Comics
    Sins of the Black Flamingo Andrew Wheeler Image Comics
    Star Wars: Doctor Aphra Alyssa Wong Marvel Comics
    Superman: Son of Kal-El Tom Taylor, Nicole Maines DC Comics
    Tim Drake: Robin Meghan Fitzmartin
    Wynd: The Throne in the Sky James Tynion IV Boom! Studios

Issue was meh. The new artist is not much better than Rossmo (they split the issue). There are a few pages near the end, I had a hard time figuring out what was going on because the art was too jumbled and messy.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Issue was meh. The new artist is not much better than Rossmo (they split the issue). There are a few pages near the end, I had a hard time figuring out what was going on because the art was too jumbled and messy.
    I agree. I didn't really understand what was going on in some places too. There is a scene where Tim is being held by a bunch of enemies and in next painel he is not. I think he pulled his limbs close to his body so he could escape, but it's poorly done.

I have a hard time taking serioulys a villain that introduces himself as a "Joker to your Batman" or something like that. His choice of name is kinda lazy.
    But, like all the previous issues, there is nothing of note here. It's not good or bad. And I still don't like the art.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Mighty Member

The way Bernard was drawn in the last panel kind of felt fetishy NGL.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I guess ghosting people or just ignoring them is his new MO.
    Guess they weren't kidding about him wanting to separate himself from the Bat-Family...
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I have a hard time taking serioulys a villain that introduces himself as a "Joker to your Batman" or something like that.
    I really prefer villains that are not just obsessed with hero, but have other main goals like money or power.