Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Colossus (Piotr "Peter" Nikolayevich Rasputin) 2023 Thread.

Welp, Percy is bringing him back. The scene from early X-Force where Peter and Domino were on the train was awesome. Great example of how powerful, and thoughtful, Colossus is.

Let's just hope after his starring role in Immortal X-Men, the next arc of X-Force does...something with Petey Pureheart.

Astonishing Member

Listen, I know I'm that guy who's always obsessed with second-gen legacy X-characters, aka the kids of longtime X-Men, but I'm just saying....Piotr unknowingly has an unnamed kid in the Savage Land.....when not on Krakoa, he spends all his time in the Savage Land....like its a big place but I feel like something could be done there. There've been weirder chance encounters. Or maybe people in the Savage Land have been talking about the metallic-skinned stranger who made a home in this corner of it, and for someone who grew up hearing stories with his father described that way.....that's the sort of thing that could send a curious young mutant on an adventure, just to see if there's any truth or connection there....

Idk, I'm just saying it'd be more interesting IMO than Piotr gets (and stays) brainwashed/mind-controlled/possessed for the twentieth time this century alone. I'm so ready for this storyline to be over, and from a certain perspective its barely even STARTED, since despite how long its been going, its barely been touched on or anything actually done with it.

Its just like regular check-ins that are all "Meanwhile, just to catch everyone up....Piotr remains controlled by evil. This will be relevant eventually, we're sure. Moving on to Omega Red...."

Astonishing Member

Then again....any chance being controlled by two different sources of Evil could act like a double negative and cancel each other out? Like, Sinister goes to make Piotr one of his Sinisterized clones, and it encounters the already in place manipulations of the Chronicler and its like, error, error, can not install new mindlesspawn.exe program until you close out of all existing apps and programs, and then Piotr has a total system failure and like, has to reboot....spiritually, or whatever....and when he next wakes up he's clear-headed for the first time in years and he's just like....Bozhe moi....what did I even do last night?

(LOLOL a guy can dream, okay).

The problem is, he is not being MIND controlled, I think ? It's more a control of the fate in general, like reality manipulation ?

Anyways here are the last shots we got of him in X-men Green, where he actually says something on the Quiet Council, cortesy of Emilio Laiso.
    Screenshot_20230116_143717_Marvel Unlimited.jpg
    Screenshot_20230116_143643_Marvel Unlimited.jpg

I'm glad this thread was made, thanks Omnipitus. Cassara has been posting some amazing Colossus work so perfect timing. His Piotr is such a tank.

Hate to see the big fella go, but I know he’s found a good home.
    Commission piece.

Wanna see some inks?

X-Force #39 variant by Geoff Shaw

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    The problem is, he is not being MIND controlled, I think ? It's more a control of the fate in general, like reality manipulation?
    Fair enough, I'm just kinda using it as a catch-all because 'reality-manipulated' doesn't quite have the same ring to it, but your point stands, lol.

Extraordinary Member

Isn’t the Colossus the only Quiet Council member to not get a spotlight issue yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Isn’t the Colossus the only Quiet Council member to not get a spotlight issue yet?
    Storm hasn't gotten her's yet, but Gillen confirmed in his newsletter that #11 after SoS will be the Storm issues. Presumably leaving Colossus for #12.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Storm hasn't gotten her's yet, but Gillen confirmed in his newsletter that #11 after SoS will be the Storm issues. Presumably leaving Colossus for #12.
    Yes indeed. Gillen's newsletter from just a couple of days ago:

"I’ve handed in my first script of the year Yesterday – Immortal X-men 12, the Colossus PoV. It’s led to me starting to read Dostoevsky for the first time in ages, which is a definite win. The second I finish this, I’ll be back to pulling together a better synopsis for everything I’m writing through Fall of X, and will be chatting about it with Jordan later."
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I hope so. At least have Peter do something meaningful. He has not "been around" for a long time, and with Fall of X coming up, who knows.

Even Mikhail and the Chronicler have been background characters. In his "backyard" in the Savage Land, his recent girlfriend is buried, after he broke her neck and dug her grave. Maybe the story will work out for the benefit of Colossus.

One last thing, as far as his son is concerned, that is a plot thread that Marvel never touched upon (Claremont had him in one the X-Men The End series, but just a cameo). We know of Peter Jr. a lot more that Colossus does. So it sucks when fans call him a "deadbeat dad". He has no clue his son exists.

So from the cover (and the art is amazing), Colossus has his story in Immortal X-Men #12. Of course, it appears he is attacking Kate, and I am surprised they did not put Magik on the cover, and Peter is attacking her as well. Just to get the Colossus haters to buy the issue.

So rejoins X-Force, from previews of of the upcoming X-Force series, and I suppose he is still "mind controlled" by his brother and the Chronicler. He loses his seat at the Council, and poor Peter takes his place back in X-Force, as the hidden bad guy. Alongside his fellow Russian bad guy Omega Red. Great.

Well, at least he has a beard.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Krakoa's X-Force has a really poor track record in choosing their leaders LOL. But Piotr was basically the only senior X-Man left who's never led a team (Bobby might be the only other one?) so it will be interesting to see him in a leadership position for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Krakoa's X-Force has a really poor track record in choosing their leaders LOL. But Piotr was basically the only senior X-Man left who's never led a team (Bobby might be the only other one?) s
    So it will be interesting to see him in a leadership position for a change.
    A very good point. But I doubt Peter will be in charge of X-Force. They may try it, but the whole Chronicler and Mikael thing will make it a horror show. I really hope they wrap that nonsense storyline soon

Amazing Member

I'm so happy to see the Colossus appreciation thread resurrected. I think we've all learned not to believe some cover art to be true. I do hope he leads X-Force, but not while channeling his crazed AoA version though.

I reckon I'm also surprised that Magik isn't aware that Peter is being manipulated/mind controlled by Mikhail.

Fantastic Member

Is the Chronicler really bad at his job that nothing terrible has happened in the 2 years he's been controlled Colossus?

Peter has only said like 2 lines in that time, but still. Hope he gets some deserved spotlight in Fall of X.